Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

A look at the backcourt's immediate future and down the line

A lot has changed with our backcourt this year and there is a lot of uncertainty moving into the future and a few question marks for the playoffs

Playoff Questions:
    Will Fournier continue starting over Ill Will when Faried comes back?
    Is Fournier going to get a shot at closing games?
    Is GK still going to roll out the 2pg lineup frequently?
    Is Brewer still ahead of Fournier in minute priority?
    If we play Houston does Iggy still act as primary Harden defender even though he almost entirely plays at the 3 spot now?

Personally I would like to see Fournier continue to start and get a shot at closing out games, He is a better option to close than running miller and ty at the same time but GK does have his habits. I just have a gut feeling that GK is going to go back to his favorites in the playoffs and it scares me.

Future Questions:
    Do we retain Iggy?
    Do we retain Brewer?
    Does Chandler get shopped again?
    Does Fournier get a permanent 20min spot in the rotation?
    Do we try to upgrade backup pg or stick with Miller?
    What happens to JHam?
    What happens to Stone?

Our defense is gone if we dont retain Iggy and I have my fingers crossed he comes back but im worried a desperate team is going to throw a lot of money at him, but he likes it here and we have batman so i have hope. I am now completely convinced that Fournier is a starting caliber guard and has borderline all-star upside down the line (similar to Gallo, Chandler, and Faried) so I hope he gets every opportunity to contribute next year and if we cant retain Iggy I hope he starts and Chandler keeps his 6th man role. I also officially think JHam will never get a truly fair shot on this team and hope we trade him even if we have to sell low on him just for his sake. Also as most of you know i hate Miller and hope we address backup pg above any other position next year

vCash
    Will Fournier continue starting over Ill Will when Faried comes back?
    Faried coming back will have nothing to do with Fournier starting. It is Karl's decision on having Chandler coming off the bench to make us that much deeper and also his foul trouble

Is Fournier going to get a shot at closing games?
    Not in the playoffs. Brewer or Miller ahead of him. I think Karl goes with the hot guys. If Faried is playing bad then he goes small with Chandler at 4 and either Brewer/Miller/Fournier in there.

Is GK still going to roll out the 2pg lineup frequently?
    Hope not. It can be effective in short spurts but I hope we don't see this a lot down the stretch in games.

Is Brewer still ahead of Fournier in minute priority?
    If we play Houston does Iggy still act as primary Harden defender even though he almost entirely plays at the 3 spot now?

Future Questions:
    Do we retain Iggy?
    We better or we are fd on D. haha

Do we retain Brewer?
    I would like to. Unless we get Korver. However, with the emergence of Fournier I would like to keep Brewer and Evan over Korver. If we get Korver we lose minutes to both those guys and Brewer can be effective with his hustle. Evan needs minutes to grow.

Does Chandler get shopped again?
    We need him to stay because he makes us better in every aspect of the game. We can go small, be better defensively/offensively and he is our 6th man. Ty-Iggy-Gallo-WC-Center is our best line and it dominated in that win streak.

Does Fournier get a permanent 20min spot in the rotation?
    Come next season I think he should if we don't have Miller. Once Gallo comes back most of his minutes will go away unless Karl can work some magic and get him those minutes. It will be extremely hard to give him that on a consistent basis. Mcgee is going to have a bigger role on this team. Limiting Brewer/Miller is an option.

Do we try to upgrade backup pg or stick with Miller?
    I like what Miller brings to this team at TIMES. He can be really good or horrible. I say stick with him if Mcgee remains off the bench.

What happens to JHam?
    Ship him with Moz for picks + backup pg or pf. Unless Chandler wants to move get rid of him. Fournier took his role. Jham needs to work on his game and he can't do that on the bench.

What happens to Stone?
    Develop him. Once Miller retires, it is his job. Stone can be a great backup for us.
    ! Lots of interesting questions dude.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 04-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    • Will Fournier continue starting over Ill Will when Faried comes back?
      I would have to believe so. Karl clearly stated that he wants his bench intact considering that is the strongest part to this team. And over the course of these games, Ill Will has not proven he can stay out of foul trouble. Ill Will's versatility is one of the x-factors for our play-off run. We need him out of foul trouble. So I would go with Fournier starting in the play-offs.
    • Is Fournier going to get a shot at closing games?
      Most likely not. Karl's infatuation with Dre and Brewer will take over come play-off time. If Fournier is in the closing lineup...it must be for some pressing need. Such as someone fouled out, somebody is injured, we're getting blown out or we're blowing them out.
    • Is GK still going to roll out the 2pg lineup frequently?
      Absolutely. Old habits die hard...and in the play-offs...Karl is going to go with that whenever he has the chance even if it's killing him.
    • Is Brewer still ahead of Fournier in minute priority?
      Yep. Brewer may be coming off the bench but he'll will always have priority over Fournier in any situation. If the Nuggs need a 3...Karl is probably going to have Brewer out there instead of the better shooter in Fournier. Brewer is a double edged sword. There are times where he has done an excellent job closing out games....and then again..he's done an excellent job ****in it up.
    • If we play Houston does Iggy still act as primary Harden defender even though he almost entirely plays at the 3 spot now?
      Wouldn't matter what spot he plays. Iggy will stick with Harden wherever.

Future Questions:
    • Do we retain Iggy?
      If we want to be considered legitimate contenders, we better. I fully believe that without Iggy...we're in the same boat as GS/Houston/Lakers...just fighting our way to be a 6th/7th/8th seed
    • Do we retain Brewer?
      Nuggets will probably give it a go to keep him. He loves it here and Karl loves him. He brings inspiring hustle and stupidity at the same time. It's meh with me...I can deal with him leaving..and if he stays..well..I can guess I can deal with that too.
    • Does Chandler get shopped again?
      We shouldn't. Especially with some uncertainty with Iggy.
    • Does Fournier get a permanent 20min spot in the rotation?
      Hard not to give it a thought. He's the pure 2-guard...and with him teaming up with Ty makes an awesome combo. They fit each other perfectly.
    • Do we try to upgrade backup pg or stick with Miller?
      Try to upgrade it. Dre has his value but this team is headed for bigger and better things. We are an up and coming run and gun team...and Dre is going to be deemed obsolete. And considering it's going to be awfully hard to continue to ignore his god awful defense.
    • What happens to JHam?
      If we don't go after Korver...he still has a future here. If we do...he's pretty much gone and it would be a shame...never really got a legit shot.
    • What happens to Stone?
      Would love to keep him as that 3rd PG/defensive sub. I'm not sure we can bank on him to be that future 2nd PG anymore but we should find a spot for him. Hopefully, we can develop him properly but if not that takes too long..we should have a spot as a 3rd PG

vCash
    Let's convert Fournier to a gigantic PG and consider that our Miller upgrade.