Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
    Article on the current payroll after the trades.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/9/...tigers-payroll

In case you wanted a good laugh, here is the Tigers current starting rotation:

Artie Lewicki
    Anibal Sanchez
    Matt Boyd
    Buck Farmer
    Chad Bell

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post

Artie Lewicki
    Anibal Sanchez
    Matt Boyd
    Buck Farmer
    Chad Bell

Artie Lewicki
    Anibal Sanchez
    Matt Boyd
    Buck Farmer
    Chad Bell
    that's a top 30 rotation in the MLB

show some respect

#QWiNNING

Artie Lewicki
    Anibal Sanchez
    Matt Boyd
    Buck Farmer
    Chad Bell
    Makes me sad. We better have a rotation of Aces in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    At least there is a lot of young (potential) talent in place: Faedo, Manning, Burrows, Fulmer, Perez, Funkhouser. Not to mention if we can get something out of Boyd and Norris.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    most of our pitchers should be in A ball, does that count as Aces?

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    most of our pitchers should be in A ball, does that count as Aces?
    Yup! We win!

Quite honestly, I'm great with that rotation. Let the young guys take their licks and get use to the MLB. What do we have to play for other than player development. Hopefully, the more they experience the more they need to know what to work on the more our management will get to know who can play in the MLB and who can't.

What I'm pissed about is that they continue to throw out players who aren't going to be here and who are taking up valuable time from prospects. Why in the &%$* is Efren Friggn Navarro getting anytime at all and why isn't Dixon Machado playing everyday at 2B or SS. Hey, I've always liked Kinsler but he's the one that nixed a few trades so we don't owe him anything. He's playing like crap and Machado is a key piece for us next year. If you want to keep playing him move him to 1B or DH but get his butt off 2B. He isn't even making the good plays at 2B that he has in the past. A couple balls he always got to got by him in the last 4-5 games and it's getting more noticeable. IF we are in rebuild mode then lets get to it.

The rest of the way should look like this:

McCann- C
    Hicks/Kinsler- 1B
    Machado- 2B
    Iggy- SS
    Candalerio- 3B
    Casty- RF
    Jones- CF
    Mahtook- RF
    *I'd sit Miggy the rest of the year so he can do some soul searching and heal.

Kinsler, Navarro, Pressley, and Romine aren't going to be back next year so let the young guys who are coming back get some valuable time together.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    At least there is a lot of young (potential) talent in place: Faedo, Manning, Burrows, Fulmer, Perez, Funkhouser. Not to mention if we can get something out of Boyd and Norris.
    Nice stable of young arms we have right now.

Combine this: https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/9/...er-brad-ausmus

with the reports via Anthony Fenech sying Brad being a players manager and not the clubhouse leader and suddenly it starts to make sense why there might be issues that have been boiling for a while (hence the JV flipping V-Mart off incident.

Assuming its true we cannot have that kind of attitude in the locker room with a lot of younger players. You do not want young players emulating this kind of behavior. Yes, they are grown men who can think for themselves, but it is not uncommon for people to try to fit in, especially if they are looking for a mentor, and if V-Mart is there and this behavior is allowed it is probable that others would try and follow. Again, this is all assuming it is true. If so, he needs to be cut, even if the Tigers have to eat salary.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Assuming its true we cannot have that kind of attitude in the locker room with a lot of younger players. You do not want young players emulating this kind of behavior. Yes, they are grown men who can think for themselves, but it is not uncommon for people to try to fit in, especially if they are looking for a mentor, and if V-Mart is there and this behavior is allowed it is probable that others would try and follow. Again, this is all assuming it is true. If so, he needs to be cut, even if the Tigers have to eat salary.
    You can still have a "Players Coach" though. The players coach can just tell V-mart to **** off...lol. You can have someone that isn't a ******* but is a leader.

Zimmermann could be a huge boost to our rebuilding program. IF he gets back to his Washington Nationals form this guy could be a very big trade piece next trade deadline. There were a few glimpses last year of his old self but only glimpses. Again, if he can go every scheduled start and keep it under a 4.00 ERA he just might be another chip for getting prospects back to rebuild. I don't see us getting much from Greene, Kinsler, Iggy, or anyone else so Zimm's the man I'm going to cheer the most for next year.

Also, the McCann trade rumors flying around lately took me off guard but I'm in on it now. We have some good young catchers coming up, they are all righties like McCann, and I think we would be fine. If we can sneak out a decent deal for him for a position player who hits for average and steals some bases then I'm all in. I love McCann, probably one of my favorites right now, but when your rebuilding you need to take advantage when opportunity knocks and it seems to be knocking on McCann.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546