Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 650
  1. #541
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine. I'm sure there would be plenty of teams interested so even though they don't want to lose him for nothing, I would assume they'd get a pretty decent hall for either.



    Only reason I'm hesitant in trading for another RHD, and giving up one of the LHD in the process, is because we have Carlo already, and McAvoy is coming up. Bruins, hopefully, will be able to move McQuaid/Miller (or both). The left side, after Krug, is weak. Chara is probably done after his contract is out. I definitely can't see him playing at a top 4 level after it runs out, at least. Obviously a lot can happen, and I haven't looked far into possible the LHD free agent market. Those guys will, of course, cost money. Trading for one will take away more assets as well.
    Ya I mean Carlo/McAvoy aren't sure things, but they look like they will be (McAvoy still a ??, but it would be surprise if he busts) so IDK if we need to keep going RHD..then again if you could get a bonafinde #1RHD and let McAvoy/Carlo develop w/o the pressure it would be nice.

    I think you're right with Chara. Maybe if we're real close he signs an 1-2 year deal to play a lesser role and try to get a cup. I'd love to see us find his future #1LHD. I know Fowler's name was out there before the season and being that need you controllable assets up front, they could be an interesting trade partner.

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,276
    Ryan Donato just scored for Harvard against Cornell for his 19th goal in 33 games. Not bad.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,276
    Bruins should think about calling up Debrusk, he has been playing well in Prov.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 03-18-2017 at 09:27 PM.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,127
    With BC not winning today, supposedly they're eliminated from the NCAA tourney. That means Ryan fitzgerald is able to sign with Boston or hold out and test UFA.

  5. #545
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,657
    NCAA Tournament kicks off Saturday...is it bad that I'm hoping BU & ND get KO'd first round?

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,044
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    NCAA Tournament kicks off Saturday...is it bad that I'm hoping BU & ND get KO'd first round?
    They have a strong chance to get knocked off. I think ND gets bounced. BU lives to see another round but will get eliminated this weekend (next round is on Sunday haha)


    Haters gonna hate

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,044
    My bracket:

    1st Round
    Denver over Michigan Tech
    Union over Penn St.
    Minnesota over Notre Dame
    UMass Lowell over Cornell
    Harvard over Providence
    Air Force over Western Michigan
    Minnesota Duluth over Ohio State
    Boston University over North Dakota

    2nd Round
    Denver over Union
    UMass Lowell over Minnesota
    Harvard over Air Force
    Minnesota Duluth over Boston University

    Frozen Four
    UMass Lowell over Denver
    Minnesota Duluth over Harvard

    Finals
    UMass Lowell over Minnesota Duluth

    No bias here at all boys


    Haters gonna hate

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    20,369
    Providence has a chance this year imo... this is exactly how they won it a few years back. Lower seed and started at home. This year I think they're actually one seed higher and also starting at home.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  9. #549
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    My bracket:

    1st Round
    Denver over Michigan Tech
    Union over Penn St.
    Minnesota over Notre Dame
    UMass Lowell over Cornell
    Harvard over Providence
    Air Force over Western Michigan
    Minnesota Duluth over Ohio State
    Boston University over North Dakota

    2nd Round
    Denver over Union
    UMass Lowell over Minnesota
    Harvard over Air Force
    Minnesota Duluth over Boston University

    Frozen Four
    UMass Lowell over Denver
    Minnesota Duluth over Harvard

    Finals
    UMass Lowell over Minnesota Duluth

    No bias here at all boys
    I have a ways to go before my bracket will have biased towards my favorite team (Uconn) lol. We're making progress with only 3 years in HE. Hoping next year we can get to the .500 mark and be a little more competitive. Our first 3 years were...

    7-11-4
    6-12-4
    8-10-4

    We've done well at attracting NHL level talent for pretty much an start-up program. Tage Thompson was a 1st rounder (signed his ELC this year) and in total I think we had 7 players that were drafted on our roster this year.

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,044
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I have a ways to go before my bracket will have biased towards my favorite team (Uconn) lol. We're making progress with only 3 years in HE. Hoping next year we can get to the .500 mark and be a little more competitive. Our first 3 years were...

    7-11-4
    6-12-4
    8-10-4

    We've done well at attracting NHL level talent for pretty much an start-up program. Tage Thompson was a 1st rounder (signed his ELC this year) and in total I think we had 7 players that were drafted on our roster this year.
    We had to dwell on the bottom of the Hockey East until we really blossomed into a top dog. We're still not attracting 1st round talent (I get it - Boston vs. Lowell? I'd choose Boston too), but Norm Bazin is a god for getting these "unwanted" kids and turning them into top college players.

    My point is that I'm sure UConn will get there at some point. They have the name and students seem to be drawn toward it, so building a solid program is only a matter of time.


    Haters gonna hate

  11. #551
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    We had to dwell on the bottom of the Hockey East until we really blossomed into a top dog. We're still not attracting 1st round talent (I get it - Boston vs. Lowell? I'd choose Boston too), but Norm Bazin is a god for getting these "unwanted" kids and turning them into top college players.

    My point is that I'm sure UConn will get there at some point. They have the name and students seem to be drawn toward it, so building a solid program is only a matter of time.
    You know what it is with Bazin, I feel like he target the kids that'll give him 4 years. It gives him the opportunity to really develop and mold guys for his system, vs worrying about 1 and dones that maybe help the program short term.

    I'm actually surprised that Uconn took so long to get serious about hockey, I mean were in one of the biggest hockey markets in the USA and a lot of great players have come through Uconn prep schools.

    For only being in HE for 3 years, I'm pretty happy about our progress so far. I think when I last checked we have 18 or 19 commitments so far between next year and the 2020-2021 (maybe 2019-2020) school year.

    Its funny you mention BU vs UML and who wouldn't go with BU...kind of makes me wanna say BU is the Kentucky of Hockey. They tend to attract high end talent that normally won't play all four years.
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 03-21-2017 at 10:16 AM.

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,276
    I know a lot of people here are fond of Kirk Leudeke around here, he just retweeted this prospect ranking by SBN college sports that ranked current NCAA prospects. They are doing a count down and havent come out with the full list, but in the most recently publishing they listed Ryan Lindgren as the #34 NCAA hockey prospect.

    I'm pretty big on Ryan Lindgren, here is what they wrote up on him:

    Lindgren provides an aggressive, physical presence to a Minnesota backline that typically relies on puck-moving finesse defensemen. It helps that Lindgren has excellent four-direction skating ability and is a smart hockey player, so his physicality doesn’t come with many trade-offs. Lindgren is also a very mature player that served as team captain at the NTDP, and will likely be a captain in the future at Minnesota.

    He’s still a few years away, but at the NHL level, he projects as a first or second pairing defenseman that eats a lot of minutes against tough match-ups.
    He is still a little bit away, but its promising to hear for sure. Not sure if he will ever be a first pairing, but I get a very andrew ference type of feel from his game with a chance of being better.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

  13. #553
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,657
    Tourney starts tomorrow!!

    I wanna see some B's prospects continue their winning ways (McAvoy), but on the same hand I want them KO'd asap so they can sign and get some AHL experience. Screw bringing any of them to the NHL, if we're hoping a kid fresh out of college will turn things around we have big ****ing problems.

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  14. #554
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,657
    NDS up 1-0 on BU right now

    Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,127
    Charlie McAvoy in double OT for the win! Huge play by Keller to set that all up.

    McAvoy was a stud in this game. The goal just tops it.

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •