Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    oh well, doesnt matter really, and doubt KL would respond, was more or less just hoping if anyone knew if it was due to league rule or something contractual.
    Responds to me. He'll respond if your tweet is worth responding to. Didn't shaiza just explain what you are asking above anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Responds to me. He'll respond if your tweet is worth responding to. Didn't shaiza just explain what you are asking above anyway?
    Ya just saw it. I think he was posting while I was because the last thing I read from him was the previous post of " I can confirm the same". Didnt see his follow up post, until now.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Ya I don't think JFK plays in Boston this year. Maybe McAvoy could, but does Boston want to carry that many defensemen and do they really want to throw this kid into the fire during the end of the year when your pushing for a playoff spot?

Of he Big 3 I feel like Bjork could go right to Boston. He fills a need (winger) and the bottom 6 could use some more offensive minded players.
    Agreed. I posted in one of these threads that should any of our prospects turn pro Bjork is the only one I expect could make an immediate impact on the Senior club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Same here. Kirk and I have a numerous talks about players. Great guy to talk to and very knowledgeable...def tends to avoid stupid questions though.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Same here. Kirk and I have a numerous talks about players. Great guy to talk to and very knowledgeable...def tends to avoid stupid questions though.
    Yeah, Kirk is one of the best. I know I've read here that he's a homer, but I like his work.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Dom Tiano is reporting that the Bruins are set to sign Emil Johansson to a contract.

Dom Tiano is reporting that the Bruins are set to sign Emil Johansson to a contract.
    Could be another guy to compete for a 3rd pairing role in a few years. Kind of reminds me of a LH Kevan Miller.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

This defense is going to have some heavy competitions for spots over the next few years. Really excited for when we get to that point. Even if we have a bust or two, this defense could be one of the tops in the league in 3-4 years once everyones integrated into the system.

You guys think Sweeney should try and package some prospects or a mix of Defensive prospects and current guys for a bigger fish? OR let it all play out and stay with what we have?

You guys think Sweeney should try and package some prospects or a mix of Defensive prospects and current guys for a bigger fish? OR let it all play out and stay with what we have?
    I guess it depends on who the player is. Not all the players will be able to play here, nor will they all even pan out. The Bruins should take advantage of having a deep pool, and move some of their pieces for legitimate NHL talent. My only untouchables, prospect wise, are McAvoy/JFK/Senyshyn. Bjork and Gabrielle are very close but you can't make everyone untouchable. Everyone else, for the right player, would be available.

Side question..... There was a report, believe it was Haggerty so obviously take it with less than a grain of salt, that when Winnipeg and Boston were talking about Trouba, Carlo was an ask by the Jets. If this is, was in-fact, a legitimate discussion by the two teams, would you want them to revisit something like this?

Carlo, for me, isn't a guy I would list as an untouchable. He's just not a guy I would have moved for Landeskog, for example. That said, if you could use him to get an upgrade on defense, I'd think long and hard about it. Trouba is one guy I actually wouldn't mind.

I guess it depends on who the player is. Not all the players will be able to play here, nor will they all even pan out. The Bruins should take advantage of having a deep pool, and move some of their pieces for legitimate NHL talent. My only untouchables, prospect wise, are McAvoy/JFK/Senyshyn. Bjork and Gabrielle are very close but you can't make everyone untouchable. Everyone else, for the right player, would be available.

Side question..... There was a report, believe it was Haggerty so obviously take it with less than a grain of salt, that when Winnipeg and Boston were talking about Trouba, Carlo was an ask by the Jets. If this is, was in-fact, a legitimate discussion by the two teams, would you want them to revisit something like this?

Carlo, for me, isn't a guy I would list as an untouchable. He's just not a guy I would have moved for Landeskog, for example. That said, if you could use him to get an upgrade on defense, I'd think long and hard about it. Trouba is one guy I actually wouldn't mind.
    I see Trouba being a little better than Carlo in the prime of their careers. I have Carlo as a solid 2nd line defender, on a good team. I think Trouba is a fringe 1st pairing/really strong second pairing defender when he gets to his prime.

Its just tough to tell, both are young guys that are still improving their games, Troubas a bit further along than Carlo, but Carlos even despite Carlos struggles recently, he is overall playing better than I expected him to in his first season. He has been a pleasant surprise.

A carlo for Trouba deal is something I would definitely seek out. Bruins may have to sweeten the deal slightly by adding either a roster player, mid level prospect or a draft pick.

I wonder if the Bruins could pry away any defenders from Minnesota. Not only I, but a few other people have mentioned Matt Dumbas name on this forum as a target in past offseasons. They have a great young defense, just not sure how they will pay all these players soon, they could be looking to move one of their defenders for more cost controlled asset.

Minnesota currently has Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin and Dumba. Dumba is the only one who is not on a long term deal and minnesota right near the cap. Probably wont be able to pay him unless they make serious sacrifices somewhere else.

Not sure what I would offer, he wont be as good as trouba, but if we can get him for a prospect, Colin Miller and a 2nd round pick, depending on the prospect, I'd consider it.

I wonder if the Bruins could pry away any defenders from Minnesota. Not only I, but a few other people have mentioned Matt Dumbas name on this forum as a target in past offseasons. They have a great young defense, just not sure how they will pay all these players soon, they could be looking to move one of their defenders for more cost controlled asset.

Minnesota currently has Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin and Dumba. Dumba is the only one who is not on a long term deal and minnesota right near the cap. Probably wont be able to pay him unless they make serious sacrifices somewhere else.

Not sure what I would offer, he wont be as good as trouba, but if we can get him for a prospect, Colin Miller and a 2nd round pick, depending on the prospect, I'd consider it.
    Minnesota is an interesting case with the expansion draft looming. It really depends on who they'd prefer to keep; Dumba/Brodin/Scandella. Suter and Spurgeon are going to be the 2 they protect (Suter has to be protected anyway). Would Minny be more willing to trade a defenseman for a package so they don't lose that player for nothing? I would assume that whichever, between Dumba/Brodin, is exposed, Vegas is going to take.

Then again, Minny can always go the route to trade a pick to Vegas to take someone else. But for Vegas, I feel it'd have to be a pretty enticing offer. The Wild are obviously one of the teams that the Knights can greatly benefit from.

Minnesota is an interesting case with the expansion draft looming. It really depends on who they'd prefer to keep; Dumba/Brodin/Scandella. Suter and Spurgeon are going to be the 2 they protect (Suter has to be protected anyway). Would Minny be more willing to trade a defenseman for a package so they don't lose that player for nothing? I would assume that whichever, between Dumba/Brodin, is exposed, Vegas is going to take.

Then again, Minny can always go the route to trade a pick to Vegas to take someone else. But for Vegas, I feel it'd have to be a pretty enticing offer. The Wild are obviously one of the teams that the Knights can greatly benefit from.
    How much do you think we would have to give up for this, it would most likely be a decent return.

I'd probably offer something like Lauzon, Colin Miller and a 2nd round pick. I'd be nervous to add Zboril into it, but if push came to shove, Dumba for Zboril and a second would be a decent deal.

How much do you think we would have to give up for this, it would most likely be a decent return.
    Your guess is as good as mine. I'm sure there would be plenty of teams interested so even though they don't want to lose him for nothing, I would assume they'd get a pretty decent hall for either.

I'd probably offer something like Lauzon, Colin Miller and a 2nd round pick. I'd be nervous to add Zboril into it, but if push came to shove, Dumba for Zboril and a second would be a decent deal.
    Only reason I'm hesitant in trading for another RHD, and giving up one of the LHD in the process, is because we have Carlo already, and McAvoy is coming up. Bruins, hopefully, will be able to move McQuaid/Miller (or both). The left side, after Krug, is weak. Chara is probably done after his contract is out. I definitely can't see him playing at a top 4 level after it runs out, at least. Obviously a lot can happen, and I haven't looked far into possible the LHD free agent market. Those guys will, of course, cost money. Trading for one will take away more assets as well.

Ya I guess any way you look at it the Bruins have plenty of options. Trading away a LHD is definitely a concern, as we will be without Chara in the relative near future. I do like some of our defensive prospects on the left side in Zboril, Lauzon and Lindgren. Including Krug thats 4 LHD.

Will be interesting to see what they do. Really like these defensive prospects with some quality depth too.

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast