Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    Not sure if we will bring in a Carlson type free agent. He will be looking to cash in big this next contract. Bruins could fit it in for next season, but it would seriously restrict us signing guys like McAvoy, Heinen and Carlo in 2 years when they are RFA. Really depends on what we do with the Rick Nash situation.

This offseason I could see them going after a LHD successor to Chara though. Someone who is on lesser money for the next couple seasons like Klefbom. Klefbom will never be a Chara, but he could certainly be the guy next to McAvoy for years to come. Klefbom is signed through 2022-2023 season at 4.167m per year.

If the Bruins could trade kevan millers 2.5 million in 2019-2020, thatd give them 2.5 million to work with and McQuaids 2.75 million comes off the books at the end of next season.

For next season:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
    Debrusk-Krejci-Nash
    Heinen-JFK-Backes
    Bjork-Donato-Acciari
    Cehlarik

Chara-McAvoy
    Klefbom-Carlo
    Krug-Miller

Then the following season we will see McAvoy, Heinen, and Carlo get new contracts.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Not sure if we will bring in a Carlson type free agent. He will be looking to cash in big this next contract. Bruins could fit it in for next season, but it would seriously restrict us signing guys like McAvoy, Heinen and Carlo in 2 years when they are RFA. Really depends on what we do with the Rick Nash situation.

This offseason I could see them going after a LHD successor to Chara though. Someone who is on lesser money for the next couple seasons like Klefbom. Klefbom will never be a Chara, but he could certainly be the guy next to McAvoy for years to come. Klefbom is signed through 2022-2023 season at 4.167m per year.

If the Bruins could trade kevan millers 2.5 million in 2019-2020, thatd give them 2.5 million to work with and McQuaids 2.75 million comes off the books at the end of next season.

For next season:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
    Debrusk-Krejci-Nash
    Heinen-JFK-Backes
    Bjork-Donato-Acciari
    Cehlarik

Chara-McAvoy
    Klefbom-Carlo
    Krug-Miller

Then the following season we will see McAvoy, Heinen, and Carlo get new contracts.
    If you let Nash walk at the end of the year you could make it work. Carlson could also open up the option of moving Carlo in the right deal. Honestly the idea for me is sign Chara for two years and go all-in.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

https://twitter.com/nhlbruins/status...681396230?s=21

Trent Frederic signed to an ELC/ATO with Providence. Another option for next years camp and Im really interested in how he handles Providence the rest of the way

Havard lost last night meaning we could see some activity with the B's and Donato...stay tuned
    "The Next Generation"

Id Love to get Faulk or Hanifin from Carolina via trade this offseason. I think those could be realistic targets of ours (if Carolina is willing to listen)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Going to make an early BOLD prediction on the 2018 draft. If this kid is available when the B's pick in the 2nd round, this will be their selection....

Filip Johansson - RHD from Sweden
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Id Love to get Faulk or Hanifin from Carolina via trade this offseason. I think those could be realistic targets of ours (if Carolina is willing to listen)

I think Faulk or Hanifin makes a lot of sense and could easily be a target. They would probably want someone like Bjork in a deal, along with a defensemen. Potentially, I'm thinking the classic NHL-ready, prospect, and a pick deal.

Bjork
    Zboril
    2019 BOS 2nd Round

for

Faulk

Or for a deal for Hanifin (which makes more sense for CAR, considering they have Jake Bean, Fleury, Slavin:

Frederic or Donato
    Lauzon or Zboril
    1st or 2nd round Pick in 2019 depending on the combination

Haters gonna hate

Id prefer slavin if we were making a deal for a defender from them, but not sure if he is available.

No chance Slavin would be available. I think, as Shaiza said, Hanifin is the most realistic target

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    I think Faulk or Hanifin makes a lot of sense and could easily be a target. They would probably want someone like Bjork in a deal, along with a defensemen. Potentially, I'm thinking the classic NHL-ready, prospect, and a pick deal.

Bjork
    Zboril
    2019 BOS 2nd Round

for

Faulk

Or for a deal for Hanifin (which makes more sense for CAR, considering they have Jake Bean, Fleury, Slavin:

Frederic or Donato
    Lauzon or Zboril
    What concerns me with Hanifin is that year over year his oiSV% has dropped, his zone starts have gone from 56o/44d to 63o/37d, he's blocking less shots and for his career he's a -41 at even strength.
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    What concerns me with Hanifin is that year over year his oiSV% has dropped, his zone starts have gone from 56o/44d to 63o/37d, he's blocking less shots and for his career he's a -41 at even strength.
    That has more to do with how much the Hurricanes suck. Slavin increasing his game hasn't helped Hanifin's zone starts either. I do see that it has dropped, but let's not forget that he's only 21. I think he will thrive under the Bruins' system.

Haters gonna hate

That has more to do with how much the Hurricanes suck. Slavin increasing his game hasn't helped Hanifin's zone starts either. I do see that it has dropped, but let's not forget that he's only 21. I think he will thrive under the Bruins' system.
    IDK, I think I rather just see what we have in Vaak, Lazuon and Zboril. Now if we were talking OEL or Klefbom, I'd be more interested.
    "The Next Generation"

No chance Slavin would be available. I think, as Shaiza said, Hanifin is the most realistic target

Hanifan is not the most realistic target. Faulk is, but that is only because Faulk sucks. He can put up some points and score goals, but he is honestly one of the worst defensive players in his own zone in the entire league. Faulk has been in the bottom 3 of the Hurricanes plus/minus each of the past 4 seasons and thats not just among defenders, thats all skaters. IF Carolina could get fair value you him, he would be the first to be moved out of the slavin, hanifan and Faulk group.

I know a lot of people dont like the plus/minus stat, but when there is a 4 year trend of him being in the bottom 3 of the team, that is very eye opening. Also Faulk is a right handed shot, which we do not need right now on our defensive pairings. Bruins need a LHD to be Charas successor. However I dont see Hanifan or Slavin being available considering the amount of cap room Carolina has and the fact that they are starting to trend in the right direction.

I highly doubt they give up on Hanifan this early in his career. I would imagine they try and find Hanifan a more reliable defensive partner before they try trading him away. Faulk on the other hand, wont progress much from where he is at now considering his age, the book is out on him. If Carolina can get value and shed his 4.83m contract while still getting value back. I think they look to that route first.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 04-19-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Bjork
    Zboril
    2019 BOS 2nd Round

for

Faulk

Frederic or Donato
    Lauzon or Zboril
    Stay away from Faulk, poor man Torey krug with half the offense and WAY worse defense(and you guys all know how I feel about TK's defense, so its saying A LOT). Plus that $4.8m should be enough cause for concern to keep him out.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 04-19-2018 at 12:16 PM.

I'm with BoSox. I want nothing to do with a guy like Faulk. He doesn't fill a need for us at all. We need a LHD, not a RHD. Also, would prefer that 4.8M to go towards someone else.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast