Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Do we even have space for him on the wing? I was watching one of his shifts from last year in the world juniors kid can be a hard nosed center, . Btw Dahlin what a dirty dangle
    Honestly probably not lol. We have so many prospects that Donny is going to have to do something at some point to cash them in. On the KOKO thing, I don't believe he needs to clear waivers as Boston holds his rights as an RFA. Its not quite the same as Ilya trying to come back.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Bruins Prospects Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Do you realize trent realistically just has to be our third line center?...and he will be playing with bjork henien sen deb.....thats insane to me
    Eventually we’ll have to make some decisions and trade some of the kids... too many on similar time tables..

Not only will we not have room, but we’ll also have to start thinking about future cap implications as well... will get very expensive to keep them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Eventually we’ll have to make some decisions and trade some of the kids... too many on similar time tables..

Not only will we not have room, but we’ll also have to start thinking about future cap implications as well... will get very expensive to keep them all

I think that's why you might see Sweeney hold tight on guys prospects. We're going to hit a point where we have to trade a young NHL player because we simply can't keep all of them due to cap reasons...when that happens you'll need another ELC/low cap player to slide in.
    "The Next Generation"

So Oskar Steen is having himself a nice WJC-20 tournament, production wise. 4 points (2G/2A) in 6 games. His goal yesterday against the USA was filthy. I caught that goal, but haven't caught a lot of his play. He does seem to be used on the PK for Sweden. Anyone here who has caught more of a look have anything to add?

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I think that's why you might see Sweeney hold tight on guys prospects. We're going to hit a point where we have to trade a young NHL player because we simply can't keep all of them due to cap reasons...when that happens you'll need another ELC/low cap player to slide in.
    Problem is... at some point you start effecting development if you just leave them down there... he’ll have to kick the can at some point

Problem is... at some point you start effecting development if you just leave them down there... he’ll have to kick the can at some point

He's going too...Its a matter of "when" at this point. Most of our good prospects don't even have a lot of experience at the AHL/NHL level (Bjork, Senyshyn, JFK, Zboril, Lauzon) or aren't even there (Donato, Frederic, Lindgren, Vaakanainen). Cehlarik is really the only forward with a good amount of AHL experience right now, and he really only has a season under his belt...A total of 56 games there.

I don't see any blue-chip prospects at that point yet. They're all still very green to the professional ranks.

Oh sure at some point, but we're not there yet. I mean D-men can take 2-3 years to adapt to the pro game. Forwards (unless just great young players) are at least 1-2 years and even then that's pretty quick to go from the AHL to the NHL.
    "The Next Generation"

We got a total steal with him.

Total steal

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    So Oskar Steen is having himself a nice WJC-20 tournament, production wise. 4 points (2G/2A) in 6 games. His goal yesterday against the USA was filthy. I caught that goal, but haven't caught a lot of his play. He does seem to be used on the PK for Sweden. Anyone here who has caught more of a look have anything to add?

My local junior team just re-acquired Jesse Gabrielle to help with our automatic memorial cup appearance this year. Love being able to watch bruins prospects here.

Also, have to admit that when I was super pissed that we drafted Trent Frederick when Sam Steel was still available, I may have to take back what I said. Both are great players, but Frederick had a better world juniors.

Still angry about passing on Barzal three times though...

Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    My local junior team just re-acquired Jesse Gabrielle to help with our automatic memorial cup appearance this year. Love being able to watch bruins prospects here.
    I saw that. Some may view it as a bad thing but he'll get to play in the Memorial Cup, like you mentioned and right now, he's just not one of the 4 best options for the P-Bruins on the LW right now. It'd be nice for him to go back to Regina, gain some confidence back, and come into camp next year ready to go. He was a guy who looked like he was competing for a LW spot for the big club. This is a minor setback, but he has potential. We'll see.

Also, have to admit that when I was super pissed that we drafted Trent Frederick when Sam Steel was still available, I may have to take back what I said. Both are great players, but Frederick had a better world juniors.
    Eh.... I'm not sure how Frederic had a better WJC. Steel had 9 points (4G/5A) to Frederic's 5 goals (4 of which he scored in one game). I think Frederic was completely misused this tournament by Motzko. He had some meh moments, but he showed off his talent in that final game. Watching him, he seems like he could work on getting a little quicker, but he has a lot of great qualities.

Still angry about passing on Barzal three times though...
    Is there really any reason to be at this point? Teams miss on players all the time. Teams missed on McAvoy, Pastrnak, Heinen....Bruins weren't the only team to pass on Barzal. I'm sure Dallas, Florida, and New Jersey would like a mulligan. At the end of the day, Bruins took the consensus best defenseman available in Zboril, and took Jake DeBrusk, who was considered a 1st round pick anyway. The only 'off the board pick' was Senyshyn, and he's progressing in Providence. I think it's time for Bruins fans to get over this Barzal thing. It was a mistake, but every team misses on players. Bruins still have 2 solid prospects (on top of DeBrusk who looks very good).

Anyone see Vlader play? I’ve never seen him play. Just wondering how he’s looking. At the time, he was considered a great value for a third round pick

Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    Anyone see Vlader play? I’ve never seen him play. Just wondering how he’s looking. At the time, he was considered a great value for a third round pick
    I watched one game this year and he was a stud... we lost 1-0 to The Islanders AHL affiliate but should’ve probably been 5 or 6 lol

Well since we haven't had a prospect update in a while, I figured I'd highlight a few guys....

Ryan Donato - 21G / 9A / 1.36PPG

Jack Studnicka - 14G / 37A / 1.02PPG

Alexander Khokhlachev - 19G / 29A / .96PPG

Trent Frederic - 14G / 13A / .90PPG

Jeremy Swayman - 2.52 GAA / .926 SV% / 1 SO
    "The Next Generation"

Wasn't really sure to put this, so I thought it'd put it here since it has to do with our deep prospect pool.

Looking at next year, it could be a year Sweeney takes a swing for the fences and tries to trade for a big fish. As of right now this is what we have under contract

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
    DeBrusk - Krejci - ???
    Heinen - ??? - Backes
    ??? - ??? - Acciari

??? - McAvoy
    Krug - Carlo
    ??? - Miller/McQuaid

Rask
    ???

Ok....now the fun begins.

All signs point to Chara re-signing with Boston so he can pencil back in. We also have the following RFA's currently on the NHL roster to sign:

Kuraly
    Grzelcyk

I 100% see Grz coming back and I'm 90% sure Kuraly comes back as well. So here is our updated lines:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
    DeBrusk - Krejci - ???
    Heinen - ??? - Backes
    Kuraly - ??? - Acciari

Chara - McAvoy
    Krug - Carlo
    Grzelcyk - Miller/McQuaid

Rask
    ???

Looking at the rest of these spots, I'd love to bring back Rick Nash and see what that line could do with a full camp together + a full season. I'm sure Sweeney will kick the tires on it, but at this point its 50/50. Now here are all the prospects that could be trying to push for a job next year...

JFK
    Senyshyn
    Donato (if he signs)
    Chelarik
    Bjork
    Czarnik

I don't know that anyone pushes defensively but if anyone does I'd imagine its Zboril. Lauzon being hurt this year could use another start in the AHL to get TOI.

With all that though, it'll be interesting to see how everything shakes out. I really think Sweeney could take some of the guys and put them in a deal to help us acquire Chara's replacement. I also think if we manage to get a guy like Carlson in FA that we could build the deepest d-group in the NHL.

Chara - McAvoy
    Trade - Carlson
    Krug - Carlo

I guess where I'm going....Hold on time B's fans because things could get really interesting this off-season.
    "The Next Generation"

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast