Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daydream D-line

vCash

Daydream D-line

Abraham and Seymour are still available, pick them both up and get a good safety in the draft and that would be one hell of a defence.

vCash
    Not trying to ruin your dreams, but if I remember correctly Seymour said he wouldn't be playing unless someone gave him a lot of money and Abraham doesnt fit a 3-4 scheme unless you stand him up at outside backer.He is to small to play in a 3-4 defensive line.

vCash
    Thinking use Abraham on passing downs, I think you have Pickett, Raji, Abraham on the line with Clay and Perry also rushing the passer, you can't double team everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Thinking use Abraham on passing downs, I think you have Pickett, Raji, Abraham on the line with Clay and Perry also rushing the passer, you can't double team everyone.
    Maybe if we were a 4-3 defense.

vCash
    Like I said, just dreaming, I hope the D-line doesn't suck again.

vCash
    Both of these guys are old. I'd rather draft some younger guys that can develop and play for years to come. Seymour wouldn't be bad though, I guess he would add experience and leadership. But only at the right price,

vCash
    I like Seymour's athleticism, he'd be a great stop-gap for a year or two, but what would the price be? Probably too rich for TT's blood.

vCash
    I'll be really interested to see how far Jolly makes it. I understand giving him a shot, and I'm cool with it. That said, i think MM and TT would have to have a lot of confidence in the guy's ability to make the 53 and contribute for him to even make the first cut. Guess we'll see.

vCash
    If GB was to use Abraham on passing downs. He is wayy too small to play in a 3-4 as a DE but just say he did they wouldn't be using him with Pickett. Pickett has no right being on the field on obvious passing situations. He was one of the worst pass rushing Dlineman in the NFL last year.
    Mike Daniels #76- 2013 stats/2014 stats
    Games played - 17
    Sacks/Hits/Hurries - 2013 6.5/6/27 2014 -
    Tackles/Stops - 2013- 23/23 2014 - 5/5
    PFF Grade/Run defense/Pass Rush - 2013- 22.4/9.5/12 2014- 2.8/3.7/-1.0
    Run Stop %/Pass Rushing Productivity- 2013- 8.6/9.3 2014- 18.5/0
    PFF 3-4 DE position ranking overall grade - 6th 2014- 7th

vCash
    Let's just say Abraham would sign here for the minimum, I'd have no qualms with it. For He most certainly would fit our team as a 3-4 DE on rushing situations, lets not forget that we us to run the 2-5-4 with Cullen Jenkins and BJ Raji as the only rushing DL. The problem is that he is going to want to get paid pretty hefty and I'm sure he'd want to play more than just third down passing situations.

I think Seymour playing here is more realitstic. I think the longer he sits the more his pricetag comes down. But he'd be the type of guy that I hope we sign a one year deal on.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Abraham and Seymour are still available, pick them both up and get a good safety in the draft and that would be one hell of a defence.
    Seymour is way too old, would be better off digging up the bones of Reggie White. I like Abraham, but he doesn't fit our system and wouldn't have a position. Save the money, or spend it on someone younger at another position. DL needs to be addressed in the draft at least once early and perhaps again late.

vCash
    Seymour not fitting our system is a bit of a stretch but some comments he supposedly made scare me off.

vCash
    Ryan Pickett -------------- John Jenkins(drafted in 2nd rd) -------------------- BJ Raji

Thats the line im dreaming about

(I'd also be ok w Jesse Willams instead of Jenkins)
    Last edited by MFNkingAC; 04-17-2013 at 05:12 PM.
    ADOPT A PACKER: WR#83 Jeff Janis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    Ryan Pickett -------------- John Jenkins(drafted in 2nd rd) -------------------- BJ Raji

Thats the line im dreaming about

(I'd also be ok w Jesse Willams instead of Jenkins)
    ill take it... but i don't think williams will be around in the 2nd unless we move wayyy up

vCash
    yeah I agree, we'd have to take Williams in round 1. I may be in the minority, but Im hoping we trade out of 1st and grab an extra 2nd rd pick and either an extra 3rd or just move up in 3rd round which may be more realistic............. but im no draft guru nor do i pretend to be
    ADOPT A PACKER: WR#83 Jeff Janis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast