Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mannings throw at Duke

Nicks and Louis Murphy were there too....

Video on the page here: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...r-duke-workout

Mannings throw at Duke
    Updated: April 10, 2013, 7:21 PM ET

Peyton Manning is throwing to Wes Welker this week for the first time as teammates, and the quarterback told ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen on Wednesday that he already is making a connection with the star receiver.

Peyton and Eli Manning are working out this week at Duke University with Blue Devils coach David Cutcliffe, who was Peyton's offensive coordinator at Tennessee and Eli's coach at Ole Miss. Cutcliffe also worked with Peyton when he was rehabbing last year after his release by the Indianapolis Colts before he signed with the Denver Broncos.

Each quarterback brought three receivers: Peyton Manning has Broncos teammates Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Welker; Eli brought Giants teammates Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz and Louis Murphy.

Peyton Manning has played with Welker in Pro Bowls, but this is the first time he's thrown to the receiver since he left the New England Patriots to sign with Denver this offseason.

"There's certain guys you just feel like you have timing with right away," Manning said. "He's a guy that has a great feel for how to get open, and understands route concepts and, of course, he played in such a sophisticated offense there in New England, so he's a smart player. You can see why he's been such a productive player. He's intense. He loves to work."

Manning said the work ethic of Welker, Thomas and Decker is an inspiration for him.

"It's kind of inspiring for an old player like me to be around guys that love to work. It makes me proud to play quarterback," he said.

The Mannings are using the time with Cutcliffe to work on fundamentals and mechanics.

"I told Cutcliffe to coach us like we were both freshman at Tennessee or Ole Miss. It's been great work, great timing with the receivers this early in the offseason," Peyton Manning said.

Cruz is a restricted free agent and Eli Manning said he hopes his favorite target can agree to a contract soon with the Giants.

"I know he wants everything to get finished and be with the Giants and get back to work. It's great to get him for a few days," Manning said of working with Cruz this week.

Voluntary workouts are scheduled to begin for both the Broncos and Giants next week.

vCash
    Beat me.

You..You..

Good news that Nicks is running routes already after his knee scope

vCash
    Wheres Randle =/
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Wheres Randle =/
    special invite only

The Good Ole Days

vCash
    good nicks need to stay healthy
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Yeah it's pretty bad when Cruz without a contract shows up, Nicks after knee scopes, Louis murphy and yet no Randle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Yeah it's pretty bad when Cruz without a contract shows up, Nicks after knee scopes, Louis murphy and yet no Randle.
    I understand bringing Murphy cuz Eli needs to start a connection with him since Murphy just became a Giant weeks ago, and the same goes for Welker with Peyton, but IMO, I think they both SHOULD have brought one more WR: Peyton should have brought Brandon Stokley, and Eli should have brought Randle.....
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Where the **** is Randle? I'm sure Eli invited him.. This kid better wake up and see the opportunity in front of him..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Where the **** is Randle? I'm sure Eli invited him.. This kid better wake up and see the opportunity in front of him..
    Hopefully this is not a repeat of the past when certain players chose to train away from the team on their own. Shockey comes to mind. I want to say Plax was another one, but I am not 100% sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Hopefully this is not a repeat of the past when certain players chose to train away from the team on their own. Shockey comes to mind. I want to say Plax was another one, but I am not 100% sure.
    Yea Plax and Shockey but those were non mandatory ota's but still was ****ed up.

vCash
    This is why I love Cruz, he's not under contract and has been at the Giants facility working out and went to Duke with Eli. Any other super star wr other then maybe Fitz would never do this, he's such a class act and ALWAYS looking to get better. Cruz is a special player and guy, they have to do what they can to get him locked up long term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    This is why I love Cruz, he's not under contract and has been at the Giants facility working out and went to Duke with Eli. Any other super star wr other then maybe Fitz would never do this, he's such a class act and ALWAYS looking to get better. Cruz is a special player and guy, they have to do what they can to get him locked up long term.
    I agree.....this kid HAS to retire a Giant....grew up in Patterson, NJ, a few miles away from where the Giants played, also where his legacy started....that's too much strings to cut for him if he's planning to go somewhere else.....I think 7 mil guaranteed is good enough for him, but if he wants higher, then I can live with that cuz he's more than just the best slot WR in the NFL...the guy can do it all, but the only guy I believe that stands in Cruz's way for a big payday is none other than 88.....
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I agree.....this kid HAS to retire a Giant....grew up in Patterson, NJ, a few miles away from where the Giants played, also where his legacy started....that's too much strings to cut for him if he's planning to go somewhere else.....I think 7 mil guaranteed is good enough for him, but if he wants higher, then I can live with that cuz he's more than just the best slot WR in the NFL...the guy can do it all, but the only guy I believe that stands in Cruz's way for a big payday is none other than 88.....
    You can't guarantee 7 million lol, it would be more than half which is not normal but in an attempt to get his overall money down I'd feel comfortable offering 60% guaranteed

vCash
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...portsdaily.com

Lol Peyton looks old and fat in this photo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Ahh Cruz , just makes u pray he stays every time he does anything until you remember there's a cap lol

RR better not of passed this up for no reason ..if he has something personal well never know and that's fine but this is a huge opportunity though maybe he wasn't brought bc they don't want to make nicks press himself to go harder and out shine RR ? Idk egos?

Otherwise this is all good news and this is another reason to love Eli ..never sits back and says he's good enough .

L Murphy good move on all sides to get him with Eli so fast now maybe after preseason they may have a good feeling for each others routes , where the ball will/should go ect .. Exciting news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast