Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Looking for individual lasagna dishes

Something that i can bake the lasagna in. Instead of doing a whole batch, id like to individualize them and serve them right out of the dish. Like they would in a restaurant. Anyone have any suggestions?

vCash
    Mini bread loaf pans, make lasagna rolls.

vCash
    Lasagna rolls?

vCash
    Take the ingredients key to lasagna (the lasagna noodle, your sauce, whatever cheese/filling you plan to put inside. Lay out a cooked noodled and top with that filling (leaving maybe 3" at the end plain). Roll. Put in a pan, cover with sauce/cheese. Bake.

It's not "true" lasagna, but it's pretty solid, and it's way easier to make into single-serving portions.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Something that i can bake the lasagna in. Instead of doing a whole batch, id like to individualize them and serve them right out of the dish. Like they would in a restaurant. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Look for cake pans. You can get a 6"x6", maybe even smaller. Something like this: http://www.duff.com/products/the-ess...m-pan-6-square (They have those at Michael's).

If you want something nicer looking, just search for some Stoneware or hit up Crate and Barrel for stuff like this: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/dining...-bakers/f38331

vCash
    While we're on the topic, has anyone ever tried baking a lasagna with hard uncooked noodles? I know people do it and supposedly it doesn't make a difference whether you precook them or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    While we're on the topic, has anyone ever tried baking a lasagna with hard uncooked noodles? I know people do it and supposedly it doesn't make a difference whether you precook them or not.
    never even heard of that

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Do you think the lasagna will cook ok in those bake pans? Ive never cooked it before, tho a lot of the recipes im lookin at have uncooked pasta. Which would be perfect for me, i need as little prep time as i can.

I think im gonna go with a smaller martha stewart cook pan, its a good size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    never even heard of that
    I never tried it, but I've eaten it made with uncooked noodles and noticed no difference. So its apparently just a wasted step. Here's one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-lasagna-i/

Do you think the lasagna will cook ok in those bake pans? Ive never cooked it before, tho a lot of the recipes im lookin at have uncooked pasta. Which would be perfect for me, i need as little prep time as i can.

I think im gonna go with a smaller martha stewart cook pan, its a good size.
    Can't imagine why it wouldn't. I mean I prefer ceramic, stoneware, glass, etc. but I've made it in a metal baking pan before and its fine.

vCash
    I was more worried about the size of it. Like if it would cook evenly because it's more deep, proportionally.

I guess I'll also ask for any good lasagna recipes. I'd like something somewhat easy, but still tastes good. I'll give up a little quality, and I'll add a little time. Meet in the middle. But I need something somewhat easy and quick.
    Last edited by Driven; 04-10-2013 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    I ended up buying these: http://www.amazon.com/Emile-Henry-2-.../dp/B00022O6Z6

A bit expensive, but I think they're totally worth it.

I'm also probably going to base my lasagna off of this recipe: http://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/2...sagna-for-two/

It has uncooked noodles, so I'm gonna try that whole thing out.

Do you guys ever mix cottage cheese and ricotta together? What's the best mix of cheese?

vCash
    individual cupcake lasagnas
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I ended up buying these: http://www.amazon.com/Emile-Henry-2-.../dp/B00022O6Z6

A bit expensive, but I think they're totally worth it.

I'm also probably going to base my lasagna off of this recipe: http://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/2...sagna-for-two/

It has uncooked noodles, so I'm gonna try that whole thing out.

Do you guys ever mix cottage cheese and ricotta together? What's the best mix of cheese?
    Very nice.

The only cheeses I really use for lasagna are ricotta, mozzarella and top with pecorino romano. BUT I have used asiago, provolone, caciocavallo, fontina and others mixed in. Basically, if I happen to have others around, they go in.

Definitely never used cottage cheese in a lasgna though, but I never buy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    individual cupcake lasagnas
    Cupcake lasagnas. I pretty sure we're about to be millionaires. You can open pretty much any kind of restaurant in LA and make money and cupcake shops are the big thing now.

So.....dinner cupcakes! Pot pies, lasagna, tamales, beef wellington, calzone, etc. ALL IN CUPCAKE SIZE/SHAPES!!

vCash
    I've once used a regular dish/bowl, and made my own small lasagna.
    It's nice, and it keeps you from eating too much, and what you can fit in them.
    My ceramic bowl....

I've seen this before, but I've seen the noodles break, and its really weird. It worked though.

vCash
    As for the cheese mix...

Ricotta, asiago or parmesean, and some lemon zest if I have lemons.

I fell in love with lemon zest a couple months ago, and put it in everything lately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast