Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Green to remain a starter even when KG returns

Jeff Green has started in the seven games Garnett has missed due to his ankle injury, but Rivers won't relegate Green back to a bench role upon Garnett's return. Expect to see a bigger starting lineup moving forward, with Green and Pierce swapping time at the two-guard spot.

Rivers said he's finally seeing the production out of Green that he's been expecting all season, and that he's earned the starting job.

"I was hoping (to start Green consistently at some point)," Rivers said. "That was my intention. We weren’t going to give it to him, he had to be more consistent to do that. Starters have to be consistent. Bench players are the inconsistent guys that go up and down. Jeff has earned that. And I’m really happy because he makes everyone better."

Over his last seven games, Green has averaged 21.4 points, 6.1 rebounds, and 3.7 assists on 53.3 percent shooting from the field and 50 percent from the 3-point line.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...ankle-sits-out

Baby steps, huh Doc. Now if they can just make sure he gets more shots up than Brandon Bass on a consistent basis, we may have something here. Bass had 13 shots to Green's 10 in the loss to Minnesota.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Assuming kg is healthy...

Avery
    PP
    Green
    Bass
    KG

I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post

Avery
    PP
    Green
    Bass
    KG

I like it.
    Yeah im with ya. It's really all we have. You bring Lee, Terry, Wilcox, Crawford off bench.

I see us playing the Kincks in the first round and it going 7 games. I don't think this team can make ECF.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post

Avery
    PP
    Green
    Bass
    KG

I like it.
    I think you will see Bass go to the bench and Courtney Lee at the 2 spot with PIerce remaining at the 3.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    I think you will see Bass go to the bench and Courtney Lee at the 2 spot with PIerce remaining at the 3.
    Maybe, but Doc was asked specifically about a Bradley-Pierce-Green-Bass-KG lineup and he seemed to be in favor of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    I like the idea of going big to start games with PP or JG playing the 2 guard. It also allows us to have Lee off the bench so that we can rotate Avery/Lee to defend the opposing teams best guard at all times of the game.
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    I see PP as being very vulnerable to fast/talented #2's. If you start him at #2, it's for 5-6 min twice a game, and the rest of the time, he's backing up Green at the #3

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Maybe, but Doc was asked specifically about a Bradley-Pierce-Green-Bass-KG lineup and he seemed to be in favor of it.
    Maybe to finish off games?

Ive been saying all year Green has been getting better every game.

vCash
    I see PP as being very vulnerable to fast/talented #2's. If you start him at #2, it's for 5-6 min twice a game, and the rest of the time, he's backing up Green at the #3
    Its a mismatch both ways. The 2's have to guard Pierce too.

vCash
    He's a killer right now

vCash
    +1. Both PP and Green are too slow to guard the majority of the twos in the league and in the playoffs at this point, and you can certainly argue neither are explosive scorers enough at this point to make the two-way mismatch work to our favor. If both PP and Green are on the floor, would rather play small ball and push Bass to the bench. Would probably work better against most of the east's top teams anyway (MIA, NYK, Nets, etc).

vCash
    been saying all along start green, get the bass outta here way to inconsistant along with the motormouth JET

vCash
    I wonder what Jeff Green's trade value will be after the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    I wonder what Jeff Green's trade value will be after the season
    Very high, but I don't see how you trade him. I would trade Rondo before Green. This offseason could go a number of ways.

We gotta see what KG, PP do after the season.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "