Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up What other fans are saying about Matt Flynn

usually I scroll down on PFT when I might wanna comment on something or maybe I'm just interested in what other fans think of a Raiders move like this trade...and its kind of different hearing more fans than usual saying here that they like where the Raiders are heading:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cial/#comments

here are a couple that stood out to me:

I think the Raiders under Reggie McKenzie are definitely moving in a good direction, especially from the standpoint that they are ridding themselves of some really, really bad contracts and over-paid players.

I am a NY GIANTS fan, but I have always kind of liked the Raiders, and I think the NFL is just more fun when the Raiders are good, so I would like to see them move in the right direction.

Stability, and following the plan will be key for them though.

I’m not a Raiders honk at all. (I’m a Vikings guy, destinated to have my heart ripped out in cruel and interesting new ways every season, like seeing Harvin leave.) Having said that, I think Flynn was one of the better options out there for a QB needy team this off-season, and I think the Raiders got a good one. Keep in mind that Flynn had a 72% completion rate for the Seahawks in pre-season last year. It’s not like Flynn looked terrible – far from it. It’s just that Russell Wilson blew them away, for obvious reasons.

There’s a biting irony to having Jamarcus Russell’s backup taking over in Oakland, but I think Flynn makes the Raiders better instantly, and that teams like the Bills will be kicking themselves for not trying to land him. Oh, and spare a thought for Bills fan as they live through a year of pretending that Kevin Kolb is an NFL calibre starter…

I like the Raiders, I like their rabid fan base that has stuck by their team thru the down years. I respect them, as a fellow homer of a team that hasn’t been good in years.

Unlike bandwagon cowgirls fans that have never been to texas, unlike bandwagon patriots fans that can’t name one QB that started for the team other than Tom Brady. Unlike bandwagon steelers fans that just mindlessly repeat “6 rings!!!” while rooting for their division rival ravens in the superbowl like true losers.

I’m a Seahawks fan and the guy looked good to me. Would have happy to go into the season with him, but Russell Wilson is just another level of cat. No reflection on Flynn to be beat out by him.

Flynn survived being submerged by Jamarcus in his heyday and Rodgers in his. He has guts, determination and craftiness. And his girlfriend was Miss Louisiana.

I’m expecting him to become the Raiders’ new Snake. Stabler was another guy who had to sit behind a top qb in college (Joe Namath) and who was not known for his strong arm. And still managed to lead the Raiders to a Super Bowl win.

Maybe the year in Seattle gave him some of Pete Carroll’s determined optimism. Say it often enough and loudly enough and it just might come true. Go for it, Matt.

thought that these thoughts from other fan bases were interesting enough to share, especially so people on here who are freaking out about it can see that they should just calm down (accept it already) and let this thing play out. This guy Flynn deserves a chance.

dig up pretty much any Seahawks TC post last year and there are complements for Fynn; numerous times where writers claim he's been the better QB in camp but Wilson was just good enough to the point that they went ahead and started him.

don't get it twisted reading too much into Flynn not being able to beat out a rookie. He obviously wasn't their preferred choice, even though he got paid to be. Here, he will most certainly be Reggie McKenzie's 1st choice and be given a real opportunity to win the starting QB job and run with it.

vCash
    Flynn is not a scrub.

People will figure that out in due time.

vCash
    hope he does well.

vCash
    Unproven. Nobody can say anything at this point. He hasn't had the opportunity.

vCash
    This thread was an intelligent and needed rebuttal,applied to yesterdays chaos. Thank you.

vCash
    I said it before and I'll say it again, he is going to beat out Terrell Pryor. He will be starting for us in September.

vCash
    Great post! I love the part where one of the posts states he had a 72% completion rating in preseason. I posted yesterday that in all of 2013 Palmer had a 60% completion rating. Much improved. I just love the direction Reggie is taking us. I finally feel we have a football team! I would love to know what other people think as I feel we have been the busiest franchise during this offseason. Two other players I think will be dominant for us are Vance Walker & Nick Roach. Walker was just listed on the 50 best DT list at #17 ahead of Kelly & Bryant. & Roach is a beast just never got a chance to play as he was behind Urlacher. Can't wait for the draft & can't wait till August! GO RAIDERS!

vCash
    I hope Pryor tears it up and makes it the toughest decision of DA's life!! Other than that, I hope he (flynn) does well. He has been learning & studying under the best, his body has no mileage, He has experience running an NFL offense.

If Flynn does real well, Pryor is big enough, he can be #1 TE & #3 QB. LOL

Reggie's Rebuild!!

vCash
    Great thread Chuckles

vCash
    I've heard similiar sentiments on other forums as well.

Not signing big named FA and letting FA walk fr more money is goin to be hard to get used to for some Raider fans. Reggie will keep turnin soil until he builds this team through the draft.

Thank God

vCash
    and Ive heard rich ganon say he quit.
    Ive heard John Madden say he doesnt remember any one in GB or seattle express any faith in him.

I hope he does well.

vCash
    at this point i just hope he can stick with us past this year and show us that he can indeed do what he was brought in to do.. we all know this is going to be a bit of a down year, but hopefully we can flynn upright for most of the year.

vCash
    Watched every pass from his 2 starts on youtube and the kid looks fine. Lost to the Pats by 3 and blew up the Lions. He had 731 yards 9 td's in them 2 games.

vCash
    I think he will be fine, And if he isn't his contract will not kill us, Like Palmer's did. And if Pryor is better great, That means we got a solid back up for a year or possible more trade bait for draft picks.

vCash
    And I've read different about what Gannon says.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/paul-gutierrez/flynn-new-gannon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast