Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Would you guys be OK with a non psychotic Kobe?

“I’ll talk to my family and stuff and really see if I want to continue to sacrifice as much as I’m sacrificing right now. I’m putting my body through a lot to just try to get ready to play every single night. To do what I’m doing right now, it’s not easy. I’ll tell you, it’s taken a lot of commitment.”

Is your sense that next season will be your last?

“As I sit here right now, yeah.”
    “It’s my decision. It’s really about what I want to do, if I want to train and be psychotic with my training. That’s what it comes down to. It’s really how I’m feeling physically.”
    Basically, if Kobe cant or wont push his body to the limit, he wont return. But its natural for older athletes to lessen work loads in an effort to stay in the game. Kobe being unwilling to do so is a testament to both his work ethic and his pride.

But as fans of the game and fans of his, would you rather have Kobe at 80% of maximum effort than no Kobe at all?

My stance is, what does he have to lose? Kobe has enough game to remain an All-Star caliber player even on cruise controll, but it seems nothing short of All-NBA caliber is good enough for him.

vCash
    You kinda talk about Kobe a lot.

vCash
    These are the dog days of the NBA, news is slow, most games are boring and its the first I heard about Kobe coming to a final conclusion about his career. Its newsworthy when very little else is.

Cant talk about Tmac+Shaq anymore, not much left from that era.

vCash
    I'd rather Kobe retire instead of playing until he's 40 being a shell of his former self.

Get ready for an all athletic NBA where skilled scorers are no longer needed, defenses that negate any great back to basket big man and everyone using Horns offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DayZ View Post
    I'd rather Kobe retire instead of playing until he's 40 being a shell of his former self.

Get ready for an all athletic NBA where skilled scorers are no longer needed, defenses that negate any great back to basket big man and everyone using Horns offense.
    Kobe will still be better than 70% of the league when he's 40.

vCash
    Kobe will never NOT be psychotic. He's just a weird dude.

vCash
    I don't wanna see a Kobe a la Jordan with the wizards. I think he only has one gear when it comes to basketball, prep, etc, which is overdrive. That is something to be admired when it comes to any job. Prepare, give it 1000% effort and when you feel you can't do it anymore just leave it alone dont half *** it. That is why my respect for Kobe is unparalleled. Every year he has brought something new or improved to his game. How many athletes of his caliber work that hard after their legacies are solidified? IMO you'd be hard pressed to find one. Yea he could probably play til 38 and still avg 20 ppg or so. That's not good enough for him. He demands greatness of himself and others, that is why when he is gone it will be a very sad moment for me as a Laker fan. They don't make them like him anymore.

vCash
    Well a non-psychotic Kobe is really a paradox. His hard-headed mentality and stubborn attitude is really what makes him the player that he is. Without his crazy mentality, Kobe wouldn't be as good as he was in his career. And us as Laker fans have grown to either love him or hate him that way.

vCash
    heavy minutes every game/season shortens your career.

vCash
    I think the nba is boring this season. The nba might want to continue with getting players from college. The skill level of the players are in the **** hole and teams cant sign players to better their team with the cap. So this may sound crazy i think Lakers should not extend Kobe he makes to much money. Once you extend him and resign Howard then you have no cash to fill out the rosters those are the old days. I would love to see Kobe play longer he is still better than 70% of players but he has to comeback at a much cheaper rate at about 13mil and accept a smaller role and hand over the keys and stop chasing history. Just play the game everything else will come natural.
    Last edited by ldawg; 03-31-2013 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Basically, if Kobe cant or wont push his body to the limit, he wont return. But its natural for older athletes to lessen work loads in an effort to stay in the game. Kobe being unwilling to do so is a testament to both his work ethic and his pride.

But as fans of the game and fans of his, would you rather have Kobe at 80% of maximum effort than no Kobe at all?

My stance is, what does he have to lose? Kobe has enough game to remain an All-Star caliber player even on cruise controll, but it seems nothing short of All-NBA caliber is good enough for him.
    Personally, I would love to continue to watch Kobe play for another 4 or 5 yrs and reduce his workload during the off season. I think Kobe at 80 pct. is still better than most guys in the league. Having said that, Kobe's a rare breed and I just don't see him being content as a middle of the pack player and having a reduced role. He's just not built like that. He most likely will retire after next year.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_n_Gold View Post
    I don't wanna see a Kobe a la Jordan with the wizards. I think he only has one gear when it comes to basketball, prep, etc, which is overdrive. That is something to be admired when it comes to any job. Prepare, give it 1000% effort and when you feel you can't do it anymore just leave it alone dont half *** it. That is why my respect for Kobe is unparalleled. Every year he has brought something new or improved to his game. How many athletes of his caliber work that hard after their legacies are solidified? IMO you'd be hard pressed to find one. Yea he could probably play til 38 and still avg 20 ppg or so. That's not good enough for him. He demands greatness of himself and others, that is why when he is gone it will be a very sad moment for me as a Laker fan. They don't make them like him anymore.
    Well said.

vCash
    Guys like Kobe, KG, Duncan, etc... are rare guys and it will be a sad day when those guys leave the game. I remember when Magic left the game and when Michael and Larry left.... It is always sad to see the all time greats leave the game.....

vCash
    If he cannot perform the way he wants to then he should let it go. On the other hand he should make sure that when he is done, He's done because we don't want him to go out like Jordan.

vCash
    No, I don't like the idea of him as a middle of the pack All- Star. His greatness rises from his longevity as an All- NBA calibur player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast