Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is the Mets lineup really that bad

We are not there with the Nationals or the Dodgers or maybe even the Braves, but we might be able to surprise. If Wheeler and Travis comes up north quickly.

Wright will be Wright and have all around numbers. 27 HRs, 100 RBIS and close to 300 Ave

Murphy can be a decent hitter and come close to 300 Ave

Ike if he doesnt struggle for half the season can compete for the HR title of the NL

Duda, well he will be a hit or miss, can be a WOW factor or just another bust. Lets hope for the WOW.

then the rest is hoping for a break out years. Cowgill can be a pest for some NL pitchers and maybe be average. Byrd, lets hope he has a comeback player type of year.

The Pitching is not to bad with Harvey being named the Ace by June and with Wheeler and Niese, not to bad and among the top 10 in the NL.

So just maybe, just maybe with a little luck and some breakout years, we can MAYBE win 80-82 games. Just maybe

vCash
    Well, let's hope so. They have given us another weak team, let's be fair, but, it's opening day tomorrow, i'm not going in with s**t attitude. there will be plenty of time for that.

vCash

Is the Mets lineup really that bad?

Looks pretty bad to me.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    As long as Wright and Murphy stay healthy than no its really not that bad.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    It's not awful, just not good enough to contend. But a team with Wright, Davis, Buck/d'Arnaud, Murphy, Tejada, Cowgill/Valdespin isn't going to roll over either. I think this team will have some fight in it and at least not play below their talent.

That probably still puts them at somewhere around 80 wins though. I think the pen and outfield are still weaknesses, but will be better than last year. There are a lot of young guys in both places who could step up and help, and the veteran additions in both places have at least looked good so far in the spring, which isn't always the case.

I think they're still going to need to go out and add some more star talent at some point to really become a contender. But if this team can get to over .500 as it is, that will give them a decent base to build on.

vCash
    Yes.

7. 04-01-2013, 12:39 AM
    Reason
    insult (lionsfan..lol)

vCash
    I'm predicting we break .500
    83-79

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Very unforgettable line up.

No brainer.

Braves, Nats and Fills will murder us.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 04-01-2013 at 04:24 AM.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Truth is if just one of Ike, David or Murphy go down for any length of time or do not perform, then it is a disaster waiting to happen.

All these guys have to play 150+ and have good seasons, not hitting 32 homers and .220 for example, but good seasons.

vCash
    SP: Jon Niese, Matt Harvey, Dillon Gee, Jeremy Hefner, Shaun Marcum

CL: Bobby Parnell

RP: LaTroy Hawkins, Scott Atchison, Josh Edgin, Scott Rice, Greg Burke, Jeurys Familia, Brandon Lyon

C: John Buck, Anthony Recker

1B: Ike Davis

2B: Daniel Murphy

3B: David Wright

SS: Ruben Tejada

OF: Marlon Byrd, Colin Cowgill, Lucas Duda, Mike Baxter, Kirk Nieuwenhuis

Util: Jordany Valdespin, Justin Turner
    Last edited by Claymation; 04-01-2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Zach Lutz to Vegas baby

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    I thought Lutz was sent to Vegas with Turner avoiding the DL.

vCash
    Yes its pretty bad we need pitchers to go out and put up 0 every single night i hope it doesnt put too much pressure on them because the offense will be pretty bad imo.

vCash
    If the Mets still had Dickey and Santana was healthy, then you would have:

1. Dickey
    2. Santana
    3. Niese
    4. Harvey
    5. Gee

With Wheeler ultimately replacing the 1st guy to go down due to injury, probably Santana.

We might actually be in contention if we had that rotation. Without it, not so much. But we are in better shape long-term with TDA and Syndergaard.

vCash
    We have too many "IF's" and "MAYBE'S". That is the problem with our lineup. Little sure bets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    We have too many "IF's" and "MAYBE'S". That is the problem with our lineup. Little sure bets.

That's Mets baseball, no killer instinct at all, if's and maybe's are good enough because the Mets live in a dream world where the plan for best case scenarios all the time.

Always too many IF's.