Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

A recent reminder as to why we should give Terrelle Pryor a shot

With all this trade talk going around, watch this video (his 1st career start highlights) with the assumption that Carson is gone and either Flynn, Kolb, Young, etc are competing against TP for the starting job. I think Reggie rolled a fatty, watched these highlights, then called Carson's agent and said "Good evening, f@cK you"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teq_PArS2SU

I mean, can it hurt?

vCash
    he definitely deserves a shot to be the guy. it was Al's last pick, after all. The guy is talented. This is too small a sample size here. what was good to see was some anticipation throws - throwing open receivers there. If he doesn't get a shot here, he'll get one elsewhere for sure.

with the league being how it is with these duel threat QB's...unless your Tim Tebow you're gonna get a good look.

vCash
    I didnt get to see the game, but that is really impressive. It was a highlight film, so i guess that was the point. But I can see the potential, he just needs to crispen up that throw. Kap in SF is agile and quick but he has a rocket arm, that would help Pryor alot. If you saw his post game interview he mentioned that was an area hes been working on, and was upset that at times forgot to implement some of the things he had practicing, but thats exactly the learning attitude you want from a player looking to get better.

he will get a shot, thats not even a question.

vCash
    First off I will start with what is wrong with Pryor.

-At times his foot work is horrible.
    -He is def not a pocket passer like people like to say. Most of those passes came on broken pockets, or when Pryor decided to run outside of the pocket.
    -Accuracy was an issue throughout the game. The TD pass for example was under thrown even though the WR caught the ball.

Positives:
    -Leader: something we have not had for 20+ years.
    -Creates plays: when he was no plays, he makes them. Very important attribute for a QB, can do something with nothing and this will be a huge factor in his future success.
    -Poised: Although he was erratic at times, he is generally poised throughout the game for his first snaps in the pros.

Overall PRYOR FOR RAIDERS QB OF THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Yea I feel that he can get better if he puts in the time. I like Geno at three but if I was the coach Id rather fix one side of the ball and to me thats Defense. Defense is great because you can actually score from defense also, interceptions and fumbles. So if your giving your team the ability to score twice as much then IM all for the Defense.

Also I hear that there will be good QBs in next years draft, so if thats a need next year I can wait for a QB so that we can concentrate on the Defense.

OTAs MAY 20-21, 23, 28-30; June 3-6
    MiniCamp: June 11-13 (mandatory)

vCash
    Im Pryors defense, the weather wasnt exactly helping his throws or footwork.

But thats no excuse. You can tell the kid is runner, he looks so calm and under control when scrambling or running. A weapon is only as good as the person using it, He obviously would require a specific gameplan to bring out his best. We are just trying to find out if thats a worthwhile investment.

At the very least, hes good enough to warrant skipping Geno at #3. Which is great, because we have a Defense that has to be built. Save the offense for when we have all that cap, and can completely change it with 1 or 2 high caliber weapons. Thats where you get your best bang for your buck in my opinion.

vCash
    Even if we trade for Flynn, There is no guarantee he will win the starting spot...See Russell Wilson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cali72888:25767843

-He is def not a pocket passer like people like to say. Most of those passes came on broken pockets, or when Pryor decided to run outside of the pocket.
    -Accuracy was an issue throughout the game. The TD pass for example was under thrown even though the WR caught the ball.

Positives:
    -Creates plays: when he was no plays, he makes them. Very important attribute for a QB, can do something with nothing and this will be a huge factor in his future success.
    -Poised: Although he was erratic at times, he is generally poised throughout the game for his first snaps in the pros.

Gannon was a great leader and that was 10 years ago. Lets not forget about him.

My girl. Don't look at her.

STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!

vCash
    Just keep this in mind. This was really a no pressure situation against the Chargers who aren't that good.
    He did do a lot of running around. I have a feeling if he starts, he won't be running that much for fear of him getting leveled and injured ala RK3. I like the scrambling element, it does add an interesting wrinkle to the offense in certain situations. I think they brought Flynn in to make sure they had someone who can step in if he does get hurt. Unless Pryor screws up, I think the starting job is his.

vCash
    When the upcoming season begins, Pryor will have been in Oakland for two years. He's seen two years of NFL play from the sidelines. From all accounts, Pryor is a good student, too. Reggie might have had a trump card in Pryor this whole time. And we have none other than Al Davis to thank for that.

vCash
    People forget that if this kid stayed In School he would've of been a first round pick and we got him for a third rounder...He has sat back for almost two tears now learned front veteran like Palmer and Campbell this off-season seems like he is working out to prove something and to show the league He IS a Starting QB In the NFL

vCash
    I want Pryor to be the guy, and it seems he wants to work at becoming the guy. Very humble and great leader on the field. I just hope he gets the chance and hope he has improved on the things he seems to acknowledge he needs improvement on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cali72888 View Post

Positives:

So you basically saying Rich Gannon wasn't a leader?

vCash
    He puts in work and wants to succeed. Got to appreciate that about the guy.

Pryor has a better win percentage than Carson lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    He puts in work and wants to succeed. Got to appreciate that about the guy.

Pryor has a better win percentage than Carson lol.
    He also has as many playoff wins and only 24.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast