Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

QB situation moving forward!

Too many QB threads floating around though I'd make one specifically for the QB position until things are figured out. Move thread if you'd like.

According to Yahoo's Mike Silver, there is "much organizational skepticism" about Raiders third-year QB Terrelle Pryor.
    Pryor is big and athletic, but doesn't throw the football with velocity or accuracy -- and that's a big problem for NFL quarterbacks. In an in-depth Raiders column citing a variety of sources, Silver suggests the club may still keep Pryor around on an athletic quarterback depth chart that could potentially add free agent Vince Young and West Virginia's Geno Smith to a three-way training camp battle.

This, plus the talk about Flynn, I'm beginning to think nobody knows anything about our QB situation. All speculation.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Its dumb because if u draft geno u start him and theres no quarterback competetion like they say there is.

vCash
    This doesnt matter, Palmer will be the starter.

vCash
    ummm you must not read the news good chance palmer is cut

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    ummm you must not read the news good chance palmer is cut
    Two people familiar with the situation said the Raiders did not ask Palmer to accept a $10 million salary for 2013 and that the speculation about Palmer’s future is being fueled from outside the organization.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...ers-situation/

vCash

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
    Two people familiar with the situation said the Raiders did not ask Palmer to accept a $10 million salary for 2013 and that the speculation about Palmer’s future is being fueled from outside the organization.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...ers-situation/
    You just GOT to love the media. I really hate them when they do this. They're cute..they twist the truth to create the perception that they want...that's to get you to read the article.
    If anything with Palmer is true, then why doesn't someone come out and say that he's staying or not staying, and put an end to this crap!

vCash
    ^I was thinking the same thing. The Raiders are always tight lipped about things, and this feels like a bunch of speculation.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Personally I say we cut Palmer, try to grab Flynn. Since it is a rebuilding year we take a shot on Flynn and see if he has anything to offer. If he sucks no harm no foul and we grab a QB next offseason. I hate Palmer with a passion not because of his own fault (He is an average QB) but because of the draft picks he has cost us over the past two years.

vCash
    Oh and by the way how exciting will next offseason be?? We are going to have a huge amount of cap space to rebuild our roster over one offseason, does anyone know where we can find a list of free agent QB's for next year?

vCash
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    Thanks for the article

The guy makes a ton of sense, we have almost twenty million dollars tied up in an interception machine who won't at this point start finding the will to win or be a leader and a IB which would normally be a RB except I am just going to just start calling guys who never play IB's or injured backs.

So who can really sit here and tell me that almost twenty million wrapped up in a has been and a never was is going to help move this team and organization forward?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Well..........It sounds like he wants Palmer and DMC out. I'd like to see both of them succeed here. Somehow I'm thinking they stay, and the team surprises everyone. Hey, I can wish, can't I?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Thanks for the article

The guy makes a ton of sense, we have almost twenty million dollars tied up in an interception machine who won't at this point start finding the will to win or be a leader and a IB which would normally be a RB except I am just going to just start calling guys who never play IB's or injured backs.

So who can really sit here and tell me that almost twenty million wrapped up in a has been and a never was is going to help move this team and organization forward?

The 2013 Raiders will be lucky to win a game next season without Carson as their QB. The AFC West isn't getting any easier. I hate to have such a p!ss poor attitude but I just see how this team is getting better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Well..........It sounds like he wants Palmer and DMC out. I'd like to see both of them succeed here. Somehow I'm thinking they stay, and the team surprises everyone. Hey, I can wish, can't I?
    I hear ya man I want Palmer gone, but like you I just really hope the team surprises and wins so yes you can wish and so will I haha. I think its funny though because no matter how bad our Oakland Raiders are I still love them with so much passion, just like the first time I watched them play. There is just something about the Silver & Black that gives me chills and will be my team until the day I die.

vCash
    Ryan Nassib

McGOAT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast