Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Has Jonas shown enough to suggest he can be "built" around?

Throughout March he's averaged 25 minutes and posted 10.7 points, 6.6 boards with almost a block a game on 63% FG and 82% FT as a skinny 20 year old European centre. His per 36 numbers are pretty impressive as well...

12.7 ppg
    9.4 rpg
    1.2 apg
    1.7 bpg
    TS% 60

...on a USG% of 17, which is just disgusting given his efficiency.

There's no doubt in my mind that if we had a better system in place and didn't have as many chuckers as we do, that Jonas would be among the top 3 in the running for ROY. With that said, his defence still leaves much to be desired, but you have to think that will come with time once he learns the nuances of the game and gets stronger.

Do you think you've seen enough to safely say he's a piece that can be built around?

vCash
    Potential to be a top 3 C within 3 yrs imo.

Yea, you can build around that.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    I'm leaning more towards yes than I am towards no. He's still young and needs to be evaluated over the next 2 seasons but preliminarily yeah I'd build around him.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Even though he's underutilized, no. Need to see more from him to say "build around". I don't even know how relevant this topic is because Gay will be here in that "#1 role" for the next few years.

vCash
    If he continues to develop as much as he already has then for sure. He has quite a way to go to learn the NBA game and proper defensive placement but if he can learn from game tape then he'll be off and popping. He's shown better offensive moves in the last few weeks than I gave him credit for and there's no questioning his attitude or passion for both the game and the team.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    don't believe in the idea of building around. would it take a lot for me to trade him at this point - absolutely it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Funny thing is he's already better than we realize. If we used him better you would see it. That running hook is an unguardable shot IMO.

vCash
    Don't like the idea of building around one guy but he has shown enough that I would say he is a core piece. Don't see anyone else on the roster that I would consider a core piece. They need to look for somebody else to make up a core to build around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca;25754549[B
    ]Don't like the idea of building around one guy [/B]but he has shown enough that I would say he is a core piece. Don't see anyone else on the roster that I would consider a core piece. They need to look for somebody else to make up a core to build around.
    This. You don't just build around one guy. You need to build around a solid core group of players. Jonas is definitely a solid, young guy that I would include in a core group. His potential is very exciting. His development is the biggest draw keeping me interested in the remainder of the season. As he gets more strength and experience, the Raptor's will be forced to give him a larger role on the offensive end. A lot of the tools are there (size, length, energy, motivation, soft touch, atheleticism) - just need to be developed properly.

vCash
    Definitely our most promising player.

However, hes not shown nearly enough to "build around." Theres only a handful guys in this league who you can really cast as a franchise cornerstone and Jonas surely isnt in that group of players yet.

Nice player who should be considered a part of the core moving forward but "building around" Jonas is seriously premature at this point.

vCash
    I'm pretty damn happy with both Jonas and T-Ross, the skill set from both of these guys are awesome on both sides of the floor and hopefully the can develop the right way.

I think Jonas will be a top 3 centre for the majority of his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    don't believe in the idea of building around. would it take a lot for me to trade him at this point - absolutely it would.
    agree with this sentiment - you don't 'build around' anyone. you put together the best team you can put together. but yes, his trade value would be huge and I would be asking for the moon in trade scenarios. the kid is extremely good, very efficient, tough as nails, has the attitude and intensity that you want. D will improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I'm pretty damn happy with both Jonas and T-Ross, the skill set from both of these guys are awesome on both sides of the floor and hopefully the can develop the right way.

I think Jonas will be a top 3 centre for the majority of his career.
    The raw skills on both side of the court is there. It's up to the coaching staff to develop these guys right.

vCash
    now in a situation where we wont make the playoffs and most likely lose our pick it should be a chance for him and t ross to really show what they can do

thus far i don't like how management has dealt with the minute situations so far, even when we had a shot at the playoffs

shake up that FO a little and next year they could be a scary team
    @mvbisecco
    follow me on twitter and i'll follow you
    SMOKE WEED ERR DAY

vCash
    I'm hesitant to hand the keys of the franchise over to anyone right now. But with a few solid pieces, I can see him being a major part of a successful franchise.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast