Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Game 67: Phoenix Suns @ Washington Wizards, Saturday, 3/16/2013, 4:00 MST / 7:00 EST

.. @

(22-44)_______@_______(22-42)

Time: 4:00 PM MST / 7:00 PM ET
    Channel: Check Local Listings

Projected Starting Lineups

John Wall - Garrett Temple - Martel Webster - Nene Hilario - Emeka Okafor

Goran Dragic - Wes Johnson - Marcus Morris - Markieff Morris - Jermaine O'Neal

Preview:

Stellar outside shooting performances from John Wall don't occur with great regularity.

They're not quite as rare, though, as Washington Wizards victories over the Phoenix Suns.

Wall looks to stay hot while helping Washington avoid an 11th straight loss to Phoenix on Saturday night at the Verizon Center.

The Wizards (22-42) have been playing fairly well of late despite still missing injured rookie Bradley Beal, who has been out for the last six games with a sprained left ankle.

Washington has won three of its last four and Wall has been a major factor, averaging 26.3 points and 11.0 assists over his last three after finishing with a season-high 29 points and nine assists in Friday's 96-87 win over New Orleans.

The point guard is shooting 59.2 percent in that stretch, including a 3-for-3 performance from 3-point range while hitting 12 of 15 from the field Friday. He went 3 for 42 from long range during the lockout-shortened 66-game season in 2011-12, and entered the last contest 3 for 20 over his first 30 games after sitting out the first part of this season with a knee injury.

"You look at Jason Kidd, he didn't start making 3s until late in his career," said Wall, who hit 9 of 12 from at least 13 feet away. "As long as I can make the mid-range (shot) and improve my game and help my teammates out, that's all that matters to me."

The Wizards are 14-4 in their last 18 at the Verizon Center after dropping 13 of 16 on their home floor to begin the season. They've won four straight at home, with Wall shooting 62.5 percent during that streak.

"Larry Bird didn't have the picture-perfect shot, but he shot it the same way every time," coach Randy Wittman said. "... John, he's got to make it the same shot. He can't take two different shots."

Wall, though, is averaging only 11.0 points and shooting 33.3 percent in three career games versus the Suns, who have won the last 10 meetings by an average of 17.5 points.

Phoenix also has won six straight matchups in Washington -- the last five by double digits -- but it enters this contest just 7-27 on the road after falling 107-94 at Atlanta on Friday.

Goran Dragic finished with 21 points and eight assists for the Suns (22-44), who have lost five of six -- with the defeats coming by an average of 18.8 points. They are tied with New Orleans for the Western Conference's worst record.

"It's tough, but everybody is a professional and we have to play right to the end of the season," Dragic said.

Phoenix committed 24 turnovers Friday after finishing with 22 in a 111-81 loss at Houston on Wednesday. It ranks near the bottom of the league with 15.5 giveaways per game.

"(The turnovers were) pretty much the ballgame for us," interim coach Lindsey Hunter said. "And some of our shots were like turnovers because they were pretty bad. On the road, you can't turn the ball over and make mental mistakes defensively.

"It's just a process of us learning how to finish games and how to win tough road games."

The Wizards haven't beaten the Suns since a 144-139 overtime victory Dec. 22, 2006.

Source: ESPN
    Last edited by king4day; 03-16-2013 at 06:39 PM.

vCash
    No Beal or Ariza tonight.

vCash
    I really hope we lose to the wizards. They're the queens of tanking though so its going to be tough.

Honestly though, the wizards have so much more talent than us yet have a similar record; it pisses me off that teams can get away with such blatant tanking. I even question if these injuries are serious enoug to have those players sitting out. Lets not forget they play in an easier conference too. Wall, Beal, Ariza, Nene and oakafor are all good players and they even have a few nice bench players too (like Serephin). That's a team that should have won at least 7-8 more games or should have fired their coach but management clearly want to lose. Not to mention they traded a rotation player (even if it was Crawford) for an injured Barbosa. I don't know the full story, nor have I watched them play a lot of games but IMO they should have a much better record.

That was my rant.

vCash
    Glad to see Markieff carrying on from last game.

vCash
    Beasley gets T'd after a poster on Nene. He needs to act like he's done this before

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I really hope we lose to the wizards. They're the queens of tanking though so its going to be tough.

Honestly though, the wizards have so much more talent than us yet have a similar record; it pisses me off that teams can get away with such blatant tanking. I even question if these injuries are serious enoug to have those players sitting out. Lets not forget they play in an easier conference too. Wall, Beal, Ariza, Nene and oakafor are all good players and they even have a few nice bench players too (like Serephin). That's a team that should have won at least 7-8 more games or should have fired their coach but management clearly want to lose. Not to mention they traded a rotation player (even if it was Crawford) for an injured Barbosa. I don't know the full story, nor have I watched them play a lot of games but IMO they should have a much better record.

That was my rant.
    Wall missed a couple of months. That's the difference. They are playing better lately and SHOULD finish the year with a better record than us.

vCash
    Hunters first T as a coach. I shed a tear.... he's growing up so quickly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Beasley gets T'd after a poster on Nene. He needs to act like he's done this before
    I was thinking the same thing, but knew I'd get blasted if I said it. You know you're a scrub when on the rare occasion you make a good play you have to preen and scream in the defenders face.

vCash
    good to see we're behind, hopefully it stays that way.

forgot to tape the game

vCash
    I wonder if this team simply has given up on the season. Or lost any type of motivation. Seems like when we lose we get blown out. This team is capable of competing so who knows.

vCash

Game 67: Phoenix Suns @ Washington Wizards, Saturday, 3/16/2013, 4:00 MST / 7:00 EST

Glad we lost today and yesterday. I've been at the Melbourne F1 GP both days hence no posts. Go Webber!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Don't add fuel to the fire king. Plus even superstars have gotten their fair share of T's over "taunting". I will say the call was BS. The better topic is which dunk is better Stat on Tolliver or Beas on Nene?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Don't add fuel to the fire king. Plus even superstars have gotten their fair share of T's over "taunting". I will say the call was BS. The better topic is which dunk is better Stat on Tolliver or Beas on Nene?
    You really think they're comparable?

Amare not only dunked it while flying in on the break but plowed through Tolliver's body in mid air with the foul, Nene got an arm up but the body contact came after Beasley was on the rim.

All my Beasley hating aside, as a Suns fan, to compare those 2 plays in insulting.

vCash
    i remember that dunk by Amare, it was spectacular and brutal. i didn't see the game against the wizards but i've seen the highlights, Beasely's dunk, although nice (turn around dunk shot over traffic) is not like the "get-off-the-couch-and-cheer" plays, not really special imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Beasley gets very few posters. Or any highlights for that matter. He has no business showing up someone. The Tech nullified the score IMO.
    And Stat on Tolliver is a top 5 all time poster dunk IMO. Beas over Nene wouldn't crack the top 200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast