Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Raiders' fan and homervision.

I am afraid that many Raiders' fans have been using their homervision glasses when they look at the players we've lost, whether through FA signing or being released. On the defensive side of the ball, the only one I am sad to see leaving is Wheeler. Shownasty didn't show enough nastiness for me to want to keep him. Seymour never lived up to the two 1st's and subsequent monster contract Uncle Al inked him to. Bryant was young and did okay, but not okay enough for 34 million. Huff is one I liked, but he was too inconsistent at safety, and he did look better at CB, but not at ~7 million. All of these players we lost were on a horrible defense most of the year. They did show a little promise towards the end of the year, but I think our defense is already better this year, and that's w/o even one snap of the ball. Then there's McClain's contract which should be voidable with his two run-ins with the law, and being suspended two games for conduct detremental to the team.

Once you take your homervision glasses off, you'll see the "talent" we lost, wasn't really that talented....assides from possibly Wheeler.

This is what Reggie McKenzie is to me now. I have supported him from day one, but he hasta go, pron-to.

vCash
    LOL,
    where was all this the last three years?
    77 and I where tellin you guys BOTH huff and Branch sucked for years now.
    same with Mcclain,DHB,meyers,and TK.

no one was agreeing with us back then(lol).

seymour graded out high his entire time on the field, as did wheeler ,as did Shaunessy and Bryant.
    you lose players like this when you are in cap jail,but of them all the only questionalble loss is Show,and only cuz Ive read he didnt get much from AZ.
    Bryant was a back-up for a reason and Cleveland will find out why.TK would be a good B/U, but not @ hios cap hit, I would cut him.HUff is nothing of note,.Gio outplayed him as a safety,and DHB brought something to the table, but not much.
    RM has a lot of work to do.

we need something that resembles a WR1,a TE1,a RT a OG a B/u RB and a third QB to complete the 53 man offensive unit.
    we need a LDE,Two starting DTs,a b/u DE,two B/u linebackers, a starting FS and a B/u FS..a B/u SS and a starting CB.
    Thats 17 players for the active roster..Im not even worrying about the expanded 90 man team.
    withouit a trade down we may find 4 players in the draft to fill those 17 slots...so we need quite a bit of more work here.
    Ill even give Bilukidi ,Crawford and Goethel play as back ups..so at the minimum so we need 10 solid FA signings before the draft if we dont trade down, and probably 8 if we do trade down.
    lets see some more names RM.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    People are afraid of what we lost, but all we've lost are Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, and Joe.......

This is what Reggie McKenzie is to me now. I have supported him from day one, but he hasta go, pron-to.

vCash
    No one is saying that the players that got cut were top 10 players all fans that don't need glasses to see clearly are saying is that the players being brought in to replace them are worse which is not going to fly with this fan base trained by big Al to win now win later win always.

vCash
    We haven't done a whole lot of winning over the last quarter century. I think fans are smart enough to realize Al became a problem and the team desperately needed to get away from him and his ways.

Well, except for those fans in the Feety Pajama Squad. But they're the topic of this thread anyway.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    People are afraid of what we lost, but all we've lost are Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, and Joe.......
    I like this!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    No one is saying that the players that got cut were top 10 players all fans that don't need glasses to see clearly are saying is that the players being brought in to replace them are worse which is not going to fly with this fan base trained by big Al to win now win later win always.
    Say what you will but I've been wanting a GM like RM for a long time.Hes not cutting these players because he thinks the ones hes bring in are better.Hes cutting them because they are way over payed.He is setting our team up for years of sucess by triming this trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIT83 View Post
    Say what you will but I've been wanting a GM like RM for a long time.Hes not cutting these players because he thinks the ones hes bring in are better.Hes cutting them because they are way over payed.He is setting our team up for years of sucess by triming this trash.
    Ok ,and maybe he is right i hope so ,but there is no way of knowing that till 2014 all im saying is that the fans in Oakland are not going to sallow throwing a season away easily ,except the self made gm types who believe it's all about the numbers ,and not about leadership .

vCash
    This off seasons got me feeling good for the future. And im liking what I see from RM.
    This team is going to be buzzing all over the field this year with players who actually wanna play and represent the silver and black. No more money hungry greedy d-bags.
    Maybe this year couold be one of them feel good cinderella teams... Keeping 5-11 in my mind because anything greater than that is a bonus.

vCash
    Its funny how were finally seeing signs of the proper way of building an organization and people are unsatisfied because we have yet to sign a big time contract.

vCash
    lolol
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    It is the first week in free agency

-we dropped alot of fat off the roster
    -picked up one starter in Nick Roach.
    -The Defence couldn't get any worse than they were last year!
    -Again the DEFENCE was horrible last year!
    -No more money hungry greedy d-bags(NYRaiderLove)
    -all we've lost are Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, and Joe(N. Cog Neato )

vCash
    Nothing has been learned here, everyone knows we have crappy players and aren`t spending huge dollars on castaways. I wouldn`t expect a Politzer with this thought, 10 4 ?

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Here is what it comes down to...

In Oakland, we have overpaid very few players, and the rest of the team was filled with practice squad players or backups as starters. We never had any depth, just a handful of supposed top tier players with over blown contracts.

Our fanbase has connected to these few players believing they might turn the team around single handed. Any of the lesser known players that produce, immediately become Pro Bowlers in the eyes of Raider fans, because we have become accustomed to a terrible product. The team had become individualized, as the lack of overall talent, led to continual lapses of effective football so when the one savior made a play, he's a God and put on a pedestal.

Th reality is those saviors, like Huff, are not good football players. We've have become accustomed to a product of ****, and connected to ****** players as a result. The next few years are going to be rough for the fan base that expects us to go out and spend big on overpriced divas. But I can tell you, RM will continue to find replacement players that will perform as good or better.

So I highly suggest many of you stock up on Kleenex, because you will not get the product you want any time soon. However, if RM has similar success in finding players this year and the coming years as he had last, you will finally have a TEAM to cheer for, not a bunch of individual losers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Its funny how were finally seeing signs of the proper way of building an organization and people are unsatisfied because we have yet to sign a big time contract.
    Our defense sucked...

We just signed 4-5 new defensive players

Guess that is a bad thing? I mean, why the FVCK would anyone want to stick with all these players who've had the defense ranked in the DUMPSTER the last ten years... Cut them all, replace them with average players...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast