Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Elvis Andrus remain with the Rangers?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will be traded within the next two seasons

25 67.57%
  • They will extend him before this deal is over

7 18.92%
  • He will walk as a free agent

5 13.51%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    With Profar ready, it's a dilemma for the Rangers.

Profar could play second, but then Kinsler who is locked up needs a position, and while he could go to the outfield. It's not the most ideal.

And Olt is ready, and he is a true third basemen and Beltre is there. Olt could play first, but that's not really fair either.

They could get some really good arms for Andrus.

I don't see the Cardinals getting in on something big, but they really could work out a deal for Andrus assuming they would have the opportunity to talk extension with him.

I personally see him getting locked up though, and they keep Profar at second and figure something out with Kinsler (I'm guessing left field personally). They will have some relief after Cruz walks this off-season.

vCash
    Something has to happen. Too many projected starting position players for actual positions. They should look to deal Andrus for good pitching. Thats what I would do anyways..

vCash
    I think it would be the smartest to trade him for some arms if Profar shows he can play to his potential.

vCash
    I would think they and the Cardinals are a good fit. Cardinals have too much pitching, and they need a shortstop and have the funds to extend him very easily for the long term. The Rangers I would assume would want someone like Shelby Miller, someone with front end potential. And possibly some additional pitching on top of that.

vCash
    Trade Andrus and/or Olt before people realize Olt is just a Chris Davis who can play 3B

vCash
    I still don't know why the Rangers were so steadfast on keeping Andrus in that proposed trade for Upton.

With Profar on the horizon it made sense to have Elvis be part of that deal.

vCash
    Trade him to the Tigers

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    I say he walks as a FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I would think they and the Cardinals are a good fit. Cardinals have too much pitching, and they need a shortstop and have the funds to extend him very easily for the long term. The Rangers I would assume would want someone like Shelby Miller, someone with front end potential. And possibly some additional pitching on top of that.
    i think they would want someone who pitched better last year lol. but someone of his projected front of the rotation status.

i think another position of need would be OF.

vCash
    i wonder if a deal centered around Zach Lee and Joc Pederson could work, obviously more is necessary.

vCash
    he will be like 25 when he hits free agency, i think that's why he has refused to sign, he wants to test the market, something around 6 years 15+ annually will probably be necessary, i could see the redsox, yankees, phillies, dodgers and maybe even the giants all in on him

vCash
    well good luck getting someone as good as upton for him now.. idiots

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i think they would want someone who pitched better last year lol. but someone of his projected front of the rotation status.

i think another position of need would be OF.
    What's wrong with the way Shelby pitched last year?

Are you talking about his AAA numbers?

When he pitched in the biggest offensive park in the most offensive league in minor league baseball only throwing two seamers because that is what he was forced to work on by the pitching staff?

If you are going to look at minor league numbers, you need to know the context. Look up what he did from July 1st through the rest of the year after he was allowed to throw his full repertoire.

Shelby is a top 5 pitching prospect in all of baseball and is MLB ready.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i wonder if a deal centered around Zach Lee and Joc Pederson could work, obviously more is necessary.
    But Zach Lee is a better front line option than Shelby Miller.

Really?
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 03-14-2013 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    What's wrong with the way Shelby pitched last year?

Are you talking about his AAA numbers?

When he pitched in the biggest offensive park in the most offensive league in minor league baseball only throwing two seamers because that is what he was forced to work on by the pitching staff?

If you are going to look at minor league numbers, you need to know the context. Look up what he did from July 1st through the rest of the year after he was allowed to throw his full repertoire.

Shelby is a top 5 pitching prospect in all of baseball and is MLB ready.
    wasn't he the one with the near 5 era and a high whip? I mean his state strikeouts looked good and he still has a lot of potential but still

I didn't know he was throwing only 2 seemers

I never said that lee is a higher rated prospect or anything of that nature, it was more just a question about those 2 prospects
    Last edited by ciaban; 03-14-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast