Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is now the time for Iman Shumpert to be everything we thought he could be?

Shump is starting to look healthy, agile and aggressive. Last night was his best game all year. 8-10, 4-5 from three and 20 points.

The question is, is now the time for Woodson to load on the minutes for him? They have to play him, they have to see what they have for him, if not for the very least of the playoffs may not work out for us. If we can establish some value for him, we can use him as a trade chip if he's not going to be in our plans going forward.

Shumpert is our only young player and he looked like he had loads of potential last year. Then he got hurt. For him to have a game like last night, it shows he still has that potential, even on the offensive end. He was aggressive, he was making shots and he's starting to get his mobility back as a pest on defense.

It'd be nice amongst the Amare-Chandler-Melo injury mess, for Shumpert to step up and play like a man, a future All-Star. It's about the only thing that a Knick fan can be positive and look forward to right now.

vCash
    Man I sure hope so...
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash

Is now the time for Iman Shumpert to be everything we thought he could be?

They need to let him just play freely. Seems like if he takes a bad shot Woodson dogs him. Let him go out there and build up his confidence. If this happens he takes his game to another level

vCash
    he still seems too hesitant at times..like the - I dont want to mess up or my coach is going to yell at me - mentality..just hope he doesnt turn into an Anthony Randolph

Can't get rid of him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HYFR View Post
    They need to let him just play freely. Seems like if he takes a bad shot Woodson dogs him. Let him go out there and build up his confidence. If this happens he takes his game to another level
    Dogs Shump but lets JR stink it up with no kind of accountability at all.

vCash
    It depends on what you mean by that.
    Are you talking about him getting to last year's level or are expecting him to be even better?

I think he'll slowly start to reach last year's level. If you look at Rubio, he struggled his first month and a half and then picked it up all of a sudden. Shumpert's defense has been getting better and better game by game. He's still hesitant when he drives in, he's not finishing as strong and not going for dunks. But I think he's getting comfortable and should be good by the playoffs.

He won't be anything better than what he was last year because he couldnt work on his game in the offseason. If he stays healthy this year and works hard during the offseason, then next year could be the year where we see his true potential.

On a side note it sucked watching the nuggets lastnite. There whole team is built as a result of the Anthony trade.

Gallo, Chandler, Mazgof, Koftos were all part of the Anthony trade. They flipped Felton for Andrea Miller, they used our 2014 pick as part of the trade for Igudallah and they still have our 2016 pick.

vCash
    I have not seen him shoot that well in a while. He looked good and quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I have not seen him shoot that well in a while. He looked good and quick.
    Its strange but he is shooting well at the 3 which is important with Melo on the floor. Its gonna take a lot longer for Imam to get back...we won't see him in full form until next season IMO. Regardless..some imam is better than NO Iman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Its strange but he is shooting well at the 3 which is important with Melo on the floor. Its gonna take a lot longer for Imam to get back...we won't see him in full form until next season IMO. Regardless..some imam is better than NO Iman
    I think I read that on a bumper sticker this morning.

I was impressed by him last night. Lets see how he does the rest of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC View Post
    Shump is starting to look healthy, agile and aggressive. Last night was his best game all year. 8-10, 4-5 from three and 20 points.

The question is, is now the time for Woodson to load on the minutes for him? They have to play him, they have to see what they have for him, if not for the very least of the playoffs may not work out for us. If we can establish some value for him, we can use him as a trade chip if he's not going to be in our plans going forward.

Shumpert is our only young player and he looked like he had loads of potential last year. Then he got hurt. For him to have a game like last night, it shows he still has that potential, even on the offensive end. He was aggressive, he was making shots and he's starting to get his mobility back as a pest on defense.

It'd be nice amongst the Amare-Chandler-Melo injury mess, for Shumpert to step up and play like a man, a future All-Star. It's about the only thing that a Knick fan can be positive and look forward to right now.
    Most likely, it's usually best for a young player who's already had serious injuries to have minutes loaded up on him.....

Obviously, I'm joking. I completely disagree. I think the future is too bright and like you said, he's the only real young talent the knicks have. I think they should limit him the rest of the year, regardless of how well he's playing/feeling or if others are hurt or not. He's too valuable for the future to not be conservative with him. Give him a full offseason before you treat him like a normal/healthy young player

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    He's getting there, he played well last night. Woodson have to stay on him because he gets out of control...he has to learn how to play under control while maintaining his speed and explosiveness.

What we need from Shump in the playoffs is to knock down open shots and hit his FTs.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    He had one good game, hardly enough to turn the keys over...

I think he still has A lot to figure out about his offensive game, like how exactly he wants to score...
    He often tries to surprise people with a crossover to the drive... he gets in the lane sometimes, but often is cut off and turned away.. He could use a mid rage jumper.. If he even had a pullup like Westbrook it'd be nice...

vCash
    What makes now any different than before?

We need him to be the best he can be always -- was this really worthy of a thread?
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to -pink floyd

1/23/14: This "team" is irreparably damaged

My Solution: Shut the team down until ALL current contracts expire. If players / coaches / execs can find jobs elsewhere - let them go get new contracts and cut ties completely.

Wait ~5years and relaunch as an expansion team.

Bring back 2 people -- no more, no less. 1: Walt Frazier 2: Herb Williams [Honorable Mention: Mike Breen]

vCash
    Yeah... I be watching him painfully try and get past defenders. He needs to just pull up like he used to.

vCash
    i think this year is slipping from us before our eyes and because of that we need to start looking toward the next phase of this team. I just don't see us winning without being healthy and we unfortunately got injured the worst at the most brutal stretch of the season. We could be looking at a 5th or 6th seed if things to change soon. Iman looked good last night but I was right next to the court and I saw Iman grimmacing a bunch after plays and massaging his knee. There were also plays where it just didn't look like he was getting the lift a guy with a 42" vert should be getting. I think we keep him around 25 mins a game for the rest of the season and next year, when hopefully we are healthy, he can take on a bigger role for the team. I would love for him to turn into a beastly 2 guard. His 3 pt shot is looking really good and when he gets his defense and athleticism back then yes he will be the player we all know he can be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast