Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Person close to Brady “enraged” Patriots let Welker go

Tom Brady is apparently not a happy camper about losing his favorite wide receiver.

Just minutes after the Broncos confirmed that they reached a two-year deal with former Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker came news that Brady was furious that his friend and teammate of six years will now be catching passes from Peyton Manning.

Tom E. Curran of CSNNE.com spoke to a source close to Brady who described Brady as “enraged.” The words “disgrace” and “disservice” were also used to describe the way Brady (who apparently was under the impression that he had helped the Patriots save enough cap space to keep Welker) felt about learning that the Patriots wouldn’t even offer Welker enough money to keep him from signing a two-year, $12 million contract with the Broncos.

It’s not surprising that Brady is angry. No one knows better than Brady how important Welker was to the Patriots’ passing game, and Brady knows that at the age of 35, there’s a limit to how many opportunities he’s going to have to win another Super Bowl. Brady surely believes that Welker’s departure makes him less likely to win another ring.

But if Welker is going to help a Hall of Fame quarterback get a Super Bowl ring, it will be Manning, not Brady.
    Link

Can't blame the guy. You restructure so that you can give your team cap space to remain competitive and in return they refuse to sign your favorite target.

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

LOCK!

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran
    The enraged party in my previous tweet was someone close to Brady. Not Brady himself. Got no idea how he feels. But I bet I could guess.

I think Welker will let them match, and I could see Brady being pissed if they don't and it's under $10mill a year.

Quote Originally Posted by rickshaw View Post
    I think Welker will let them match, and I could see Brady being pissed if they don't and it's under $10mill a year.
    It's already a done deal... The Broncos got him on a 2 year contract for 6 mil a year

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

What a way to show loyalty patriots

Quote Originally Posted by rickshaw View Post
    No ... it's done.

guess what....be mad at the franchise and not the player. Welker should get more than 6 per....to over him 10 for 2 years for a guy that did what he did and can do what he does is silly

GOD DAMMIT
    Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran
    The enraged party in my previous tweet was someone close to Brady. Not Brady himself. Got no idea how he feels. But I bet I could guess.

THIS WAS NOT IN REFRENCE TO BRADY, his origional tweet made it seem LIKE IT WAS in refrnece to him

It's crazy because before free agency I said in the Seahawks forum we should try to sign Welker. I think I said 3 years 6 mill per. I know I said 6 mill per though.

He didn't "restructure"

He signed a contract extension for a lot less then he could be making.

Restructring is where you get all of your money for the year up front and then get paid the lowest base salary you can get through out the year.

#QWiNNING

subroc Guest
    Tom Brady DID NOT say this.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Tom Brady DID NOT say this.
    Dont worry his wife will and soon

Title is misleading. I thought Brady was commenting about Welker personally and not the situation about a contract not getting done.

Change the title.

Well you "thought" wrong... LOL

I read the title and I knew what he was talking about.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

Its really stupid. What tops it of is Welker gave the Pats a chance to match and they still refused.
    I mean its expected they aren't exactly the type that's known to be big spenders but I just want to see how they replace him and if they think getting Amendola is the perfect solution then they are going to be in for a big surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast