Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

KMart: His addition can catapult this team

Going forward KMart, will be a more meaningful player than Amare was for this team. He just fits better, he gives us the energy even Wallace didn't. He's tough on 3's and 4's that Melo would have to guard otherwise.

KMart was locking down Durant. His lateral movement, length and physicality would make him problematic for Lebron too. He can switch on 1's and 2's, that other 4's would flounder against.

I didn't realize how good a defensive player he was, and he's just a garbage man on offense, with the ability to clean up missed shots around the rim. In the next 10 games, I see him pushing Melo for that spot at the 4. This team could get real good defensively. Thoughts?

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    I agree with this. If K-Mart gets serious time with Chandler and Shumpert, and Camby when he subs for Shump, this Knick team can be suffocating defensively. I think they have to rely on D to get them to the promiseland this year because other than a hot JR, the Knicks are lacking a consistent secondary scorer.

vCash
    He seems like more of an impact player than I gave him credit for. His D seems to be a game changer. I think he should start and Camby gets the C minutes off the bench. Our D should get exponentially better by that alone and subtracting STAT as the defensive anchor of the second unit next to Novak.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    I agree with this. If K-Mart gets serious time with Chandler and Shumpert, and Camby when he subs for Shump, this Knick team can be suffocating defensively. I think they have to rely on D to get them to the promiseland this year because other than a hot JR, the Knicks are lacking a consistent secondary scorer.
    I agree with this. Were going to have to be a top 2-3 team defensively in the playoffs if we hope to go anywhere.

I honestly think KMart can fill a Shawn Marion on Dallas role for this team defensively. He's that versatile.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I agree with this. Were going to have to be a top 2-3 team defensively in the playoffs if we hope to go anywhere.

I honestly think KMart can fill a Shawn Marion on Dallas role for this team defensively. He's that versatile.
    Yes he is. I was very happy when we signed K-Mart. As long as he stays healthy, he can put this team on another level defensively. Between him and Chandler and Camby, the Knicks could wind up with one the best defensive front courts in the league. Gone are the days where the Knicks front courts of the past would roll out a red carpet in the paint for the opposing players to get an easy lay up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Yes he is. I was very happy when we signed K-Mart. As long as he stays healthy, he can put this team on another level defensively. Between him and Chandler and Camby, the Knicks could wind up with one the best defensive front courts in the league. Gone are the days where the Knicks front courts of the past would roll out a red carpet in the paint for the opposing players to get an easy lay up.
    My favorite part of the OKC game was that foul on Durant. Such a hard foul they had to call a flagrant and review. Such a great foul they overturned it and Durant got knocked on his ***. Love that ****.

vCash
    I share a lot of the enthusiasm but caution folks -- Martin is 35 years old (better than 39 or 40!). Hopefully his shorter season will pay off in fresher legs but still -- if he gets overplayed because of injuries his shelf life may be limited.

What is clear is how much the team benefits from having a strong smart big guy in there next to Chandler. Completely changes the team dynamic way for the better.

vCash
    Very impressed with him the past 2 games. Even when Amare was healthy I wanted Kmart to start, he is a good fit at the 3/4. Won't get in Melo's way and does the dirty work.

I love Amare, but as long as everyone is healthy, I don't think we are much worse if at all w/o Amare. The thing is Kmart & Camby have to stay healthy and give us 40-50mpg combined.

I do think we'll need Amare for the playoffs though.

vCash
    He seems like he can be a meaningful contributor, of course you worry how he'll hold up.

vCash
    Too bad he's 35 and prone to injuries. Like what I've seen thus far, though. Just not gonna get my hopes up about him somehow becoming a full rotational player for the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Too bad he's 35 and prone to injuries. Like what I've seen thus far, though. Just not gonna get my hopes up about him somehow becoming a full rotational player for the season.
    Dude hes killed it with the mins hes gotten

vCash
    Yeah but like someone else just said, his legs are fresh and he's playing a shortened season. He doesn't have the wear and tear some of the other veteran players already have on their legs. If he was starting in November, I can see your point though.

vCash
    Just because he's 35 doesn't mean he's injury prone. Has he had any recent injuries? I can't recall honestly.

Kidd at 40 has been more durable than Melo, Amare & Shump... its not just about age.

vCash
    IMO it's in Woodson's hands now. He was brought here for his defensive smarts and now he has the personel to display that on the court and play more his style. I think he has to get back to basics and drill it into the team's head that they have to pick up the defensive intensity and change their identity to get enough offense and suffocate teams with defense. They gotta play more like Indy, look how that mind set has worked for them, and they don't even have an offensive stud like Melo.

vCash
    Guys have a funny way of 'not getting hurt' when the team needs them and having nagging 1 game sit-out injuries throughout when your at full strength. KMart will play through those nagging injuries at this point where he would sit a game here and there if Amare was playing. That said, nothing you can do about a legit injury god forbid one occurs. But I think KMart will be willing to play thru pain like Tyson and JR and just not miss games, he seems like a team first guy and a gamer in that regard. We need him to come thru in the worst way right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast