Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Starting Lineup

vCash

Starting Lineup

With a fully healthy roster, come playoff time what should our starting lineup be? For me it's.
    Felton
    Smith/shumpert (doesn't matter in my opinion)
    Melo
    Martin
    Tyson

Shumpert - Kenyon-Tyson give us 3 guys who don't require much if any help on D but the smith factor might eliminate our slow starts because he'd be a legit perimeter threat next to melo

Just looking for opinions and reasons behind your choice
    Last edited by meloman1592; 03-08-2013 at 09:15 PM.

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    I'm hoping KMart finds a way in there and I think starting JR Smith over Shump might be THE way to maximize our roster.

I would personally do:

Ray
    JR
    Melo
    KMart
    Tyson

Stat
    Kidd
    Shump
    Novak
    Spot minutes for Prigs/Cambyman/Kurt depending on matchups.

We need a shot maker in there early and STAT still gives us one of the NBA's top weapons off the bench and we get a versatile defender to throw on guys like KD, LeBron to start games. I would pay good $$$ to see a guy like KMart D-up Paul Pierce.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Felton
    Shump
    Melo
    Stat
    Chandler

Kidd
    Smith
    Novak
    KMart
    Camby

Spare minutes for Prigs....nobody else should see the floor in the playoffs. And both those lineups are interchangeable.

vCash
    felton
    shump
    melo
    kmart
    chandler

kidd
    smith
    copeland
    stat
    camby

with spare minutes for novak and prigs.the lineup would also depend on the what need in that moment

vCash
    Playing Amare and Novak together is a big no-no in my eyes.

I like K-Mart and Amare together, with Novak getting time with Tyson and Melo.

Felton
    Shump
    Novak
    Melo
    Chandler

Kidd
    J.R.
    Melo (he gets the bulk of the minutes at SF/PF)
    Amare
    K-Mart

vCash
    End the games with Felton, J.R., Melo, Amare, Tyson.

vCash
    I wanna see Copeland get a chance to start at the 4....and bring kmart off the bench with stat an jr scoring combo

vCash
    i like stat off the bench, i'd like to see kmart start

anything to get melo away from the 4.. its starting to make him look bad he's a natural 3 let him play his position

felton
    shump
    melo
    k mart
    tyson

kidd, stat, jr, novak, camby

vCash
    I actually think we need more scoring in our 1st unit... We've notoriously started slow...

Felton
    Shump
    Novak
    Melo
    Chandler

Novak spaces out the floor better for Felton-Tyson PnR and for Shump/Melo to drive to the basket. Then we still keep JR and STAT on the bench for the 2nd unit scoring.

vCash
    I actually think we need more scoring in our 1st unit... We've notoriously started slow...
    More scoring or better defense, it really doesn't matter. Inserting KMart into the starting lineup gives us that.

I like Amare off the bench with an expanded role. I like him up to 35 min/game. I think we should stop playing Melo the entire 1st quarter, and we should start bringing Amare in earlier with JR and Novak.

Chandler
    KMart
    Melo
    Shump
    Felton

Amare
    JR
    Kidd

Novak/Prigs/Camby best used in spot minutes or certain exploitable situations. Of course, Novak getting first priority because of his ability to explode. Time to start focusing on our playoff lineup.
    Last edited by Backstabber; 03-09-2013 at 11:31 AM.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Tyson
    Kenyon
    Melo
    Shump
    Felton

I suggested that this should be or starting lineup to a OKC fan and he said what about Melo at the 4......I said **** Melo at this point....back to his 3spot.

We need to just go with this starting lineup effective immediately.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    I don't understand why people like the idea of starting Kenyon Martin so much. He just came back let him get into a groove. Plus that's one more player that is not a threat offensively. We already have Chandler and Shumpert out there. Unless Melo or Felton are hot we're going to start off in a hole. Plus I like Melo at the 4 and I like Kenyon pairing off with Amar'e in the 2nd unit.

vCash
    I don't get why people pretend like Melo playing the 4 has caused any issues for this team. He's more than held his own against 4s, and has been a consistent defender whether in the post vs his man (and I can't think of many if any examples anyone can prove me wrong on) or on switches, which is hardly the case, because it's never been an advantage even for a guard to go one on one against Melo as he's quick enough to stick with them and big enough to still contest while backing off.

Man defense has never been his problem, it's been focusing on rotations and even then I think he gets too much flak about that. Not like it was every possession.

Sorry, but with Amare out again, the backup big spot is back open (unless Camby can stay healthy for once) and I think Kenyon needs to fill that role...especially for defense.

vCash
    I would probably roll with

Felton
    Shump
    Melo
    Camby
    Tyson

Then off of the bench

Kidd
    JR
    Novak/Cope
    Kenyon
    Amare

With both lineups we have a pretty balanced attack of offense and defense. I went with Camby starting at PF because he has played it in the past and I have always felt this entire season that him and Tyson down low would give so many teams problems and what better place to show this is the playoffs. 2 Defensive players of the year and top rebounders side by side. We also get great perimeter defense from Shumpert and Melo. Then when the bench comes in you have your scoring threats in JR and Amare, Kidd to run that offense and Kenyon to anchor the defense a bit. I can see Novak losing PT coming playoff time and us sliding Kenyon to the SF spot and maybe Running a Kenyon Amare Sheed type of lineup at times depending on how we match up with a team's bench

i7 3770k 16gb DDR3 GTX 780