Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Avery Bradley- All NBA defensive first team?

I'm not sure about the voting system for this, but is Bradley a lock at this point?

vCash
    i dont knw about a lock... idk if the rest of the league is ready to acknowledge him yet...

vCash
    he also missed a bunch of the yr... hes got to be the toughest guy to set a screen on... love that about him.

vCash
    Not a lock and probably won't make it based on the fact that he missed 2 months.

vCash
    He probably should be, but he won't be since he's not a star.

The NBA doesn't typically award role players accolades like this unless you have consistently done it year after year.

How long did it take people to notice how good tony Allen was?
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    He probably should be, but he won't be since he's not a star.

The NBA doesn't typically award role players accolades like this unless you have consistently done it year after year.

How long did it take people to notice how good tony Allen was?
    How long did it take for Tony Allen to become a consistent starter on a recognizable team? It's not that people didn't recognize him, it's just that he was doing it for a bad team in a reserve role until he went to Memphis.

Last year, Ibaka and Allen made the first team and they're definitely not 'stars'. Neither is Luol Deng for that matter, and they tossed him on the second team.

Bradley missing time hurt his chances at anything.

For anyone that didn't know, the voting is done by NBA coaches.

vCash
    I say he makes it. He's too much of a defensive name now to not be seriously considered. He'll end up playing enough games and minutes to be considered.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    If not this year, in a year or two max - if healthy and he's playing at least 27-28 minutes+ a game.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    How long did it take for Tony Allen to become a consistent starter on a recognizable team? It's not that people didn't recognize him, it's just that he was doing it for a bad team in a reserve role until he went to Memphis.

Last year, Ibaka and Allen made the first team and they're definitely not 'stars'. Neither is Luol Deng for that matter, and they tossed him on the second team.

Bradley missing time hurt his chances at anything.

For anyone that didn't know, the voting is done by NBA coaches.
    Huh?

TA only played for 3 years prior to the big 3 era and his first two years he played in an extremely reserved role averaging less than 20mpg. His third year, he began to break out but played less than half a season before he blew out his knee...

The reason he was recognized was for his defense in the first three years of the big three era as he became our defensive stopper off the bench...

Ibaka and deng are terrible comparisons as ibaka led the league last year in blocks by a long shot and deng was the #1 option for a top seeded defensive oriented team, not to mention he led the team in scoring without rosé. It also probably didn't hurt that he made the all star team last year.

Like I said, the NBA rewards typically rewards stars... They can say the coaches choose, but like most things in the NBA, these types of decisions are always made behind closed doors.

How is it that Kobe made all defense 1st team for like a decade straight? He's not a bad defender, but he certainly wasn't deserving of that award year in and year out. Bring up any year he won and a stronger case could be made for a number of guards.
    Last edited by Celticsfan2007; 03-10-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Glad to see Bradley make the team.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    He is the leagues defensive MVP

vCash
    Good point though

vCash
    Nah. I can't see him getting it since he missed 2 months. I think Kobe's days of defensive teams are FINALLY over, but Wade, Allen, Paul are all right there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Not a lock and probably won't make it based on the fact that he missed 2 months.
    This is what I was going to type. If he'd been healthy all year or only missed the first few weeks he'd be there IMO. When Avery came back he also missed some games and took a while to get it going so really only been a stud defender since mid January and although that is 50 games he missed too much time, I think, for them to give it to him. I hope im wrong though.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Best on ball defender in the league.