Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Monty Williams future

Just a thread to wake up this forum and get away from the stupid trade scenerios...

After tonights awful breakdown against the Lakers, ALOT of fans are calling for Monty's head or at least questioning his ability to coach. I personally think his job is safe and he's not a terrible coach, but some of his rotations have me scratching my head.

Opinions...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSaints23 View Post
    Just a thread to wake up this forum and get away from the stupid trade scenerios...

After tonights awful breakdown against the Lakers, ALOT of fans are calling for Monty's head or at least questioning his ability to coach. I personally think his job is safe and he's not a terrible coach, but some of his rotations have me scratching my head.

Opinions...?
    Not gon happen, Tom Benson just gave Monty an extention a few months ago! That would tie up money which the Hornets and Benson doesn't have. Honestly, the people in Louisiana that call themselves fans are stupid and clueless to anything professional. They only know LSU and that's it! And they don't know the true facts about them and their sports endeavors.

I said that this would happen! The team is young and Monty is coaching for the long haul and playing guys to see/show them in action for this season. Most bloggers say lets just get Young players, well this is what you get with young players. And trading guys now to get more draft picks for this up coming draft to acquire more young players would bring on more losing next yr due to immature talented players thinking its all about them coming out of college trying to prove a point! Fans would call for Monty's job!!
    Play Anthony Davis! Play Anthony Davis!!!
    Monty is handling that kids rookie season correctly! Anthony Davis is too light in the azz to log a lot of NBA mins! He'd be broken down with major injuries that would threaten his career if Monty would jus play him as the fans want. Notice in the limited mins Anthony Davis plays how many injuries he has gotten in his short career. Key bone injuries to the Knees, ankles, head, and shoulders! The kid body is weak and he must be handled with care, for now!!!!

Has Monty made mistakes? Yes, all coaches have( look at NY & Melo), but lets not be stupid. Monty is a great young coach with a excellent background from being schooled under coach Pop in San Antonio. Remember Pop brought Manu and Tony Parker up the same way.
    Plus imma gloat by saying I told y'all to notice what Monty was doing with Austin Rivers on defense and not just keying in on his offense. Austin Rivers is becoming a pretty gutsy defender out on the perimeter! It's baby steps, look at the game with in the game, not the obvious!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    That and plus factoring in the tanking, we got spoiled with Davis, the lottery is a fun place for the Hornets
    #FreeCrooner!!!! #FreeCrooner!!!! #FreeCrooner!!!! #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    That and plus factoring in the tanking, we got spoiled with Davis, the lottery is a fun place for the Hornets
    Even though I want the highest pick, theres no Anthony Davis type once in a generation type talent in this draft in my opinion. So anywhere in the top 5 would be great for me.

To go off BB, I agree with everything your saying. But how can you explain not playing Davis at all really in the 4th last night, especially when it looked like they were getting a run going. I understand the injury bug can pop up and yes Dwight would man-handle him offensively. But Dwight was man-handling Lopez too. Plus, with the season all but over and the tank rolling through, I think giving the rookies some late-game clutch time wouldn't be a bad thing. Like you said, its a game within a game. Experience in the 4th is another one of those things that breed superstars (Kobe, Lebron, CP3, etc...) Again, coaches make mistakes all the time. Especially young ones like Monty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSaints23 View Post
    Even though I want the highest pick, theres no Anthony Davis type once in a generation type talent in this draft in my opinion. So anywhere in the top 5 would be great for me.

To go off BB, I agree with everything your saying. But how can you explain not playing Davis at all really in the 4th last night, especially when it looked like they were getting a run going. I understand the injury bug can pop up and yes Dwight would man-handle him offensively. But Dwight was man-handling Lopez too. Plus, with the season all but over and the tank rolling through, I think giving the rookies some late-game clutch time wouldn't be a bad thing. Like you said, its a game within a game. Experience in the 4th is another one of those things that breed superstars (Kobe, Lebron, CP3, etc...) Again, coaches make mistakes all the time. Especially young ones like Monty.
    Dude, Anthony Davis is still Injuried!!!!!
    Have you forgotten that AD is injuried? Is Monty scared and bodly states that he won't mess these kids careers up? Yes! Did Rivers injury played a part in his holding out AD? Yes!

Plus bottom line this season is a loss, so why not play other players to see and show case them in these situations for trade bait. All y'all want right now is the W(win), and this franchise is being rebuild from the ground up!
    Remember we already know what we have in Anthony Davis, so why the rush? Is it just to beat the Lakers? Don't jeopardize that kid career for that, it's only one game!

FYI:
    Anthony Davis has hit the wall! He's mentally fatigued and he's done for this rookie season! Notice his missed free throws and his inconsistent play since the Break! And going three the motion will bring on more injuries and this kid will be mentally shot bcuz he's never dealt with injuries!
    Guys, please just shut up and the let the Professionals do there jobs!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 03-07-2013 at 06:01 PM.

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Dude, Anthony Davis is still Injuried!!!!!
    Have you forgotten that AD is injuried? Is Monty scared and bodly states that he won't mess these kids careers up? Yes! Did Rivers injury played a part in his holding out AD? Yes!

Plus bottom line this season is a loss, so why not play other players to see and show case them in these situations for trade bait. All y'all want right now is the W(win), and this franchise is being rebuild from the ground up!
    Remember we already know what we have in Anthony Davis, so why the rush? Is it just to beat the Lakers? Don't jeopardize that kid career for that, it's only one game!

FYI:
    Anthony Davis has hit the wall! He's mentally fatigued and he's done for this rookie season! Notice his missed free throws and his inconsistent play since the Break! And going three the motion will bring on more injuries and this kid will be mentally shot bcuz he's never dealt with injuries!
    Guys, please just shut up and the let the Professionals do there jobs!
    Well the Lakers game I can understand. Bad example. But even throughout the season when he/they were healthy, it's been like that. Again, I'm no basketball coach, but I don't think giving them big 4th quarter minutes would be a bad thing. The seasons already over so it's all irrelevant anyway. Just looking forward to next year. But if the same types of moves my Monty happen throughout next season, people are going to be head hunting even more than they already are.

vCash
    Even though there is no AD in this draft, there are a good 3-5 with pretty good potential, we are within a few games from drafting anywhere from 4th-7th..

vCash
    BB.... wtf? I didnt say anything, except we are tanking... which is kinda obvious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    BB.... wtf? I didnt say anything, except we are tanking... which is kinda obvious
    Chill out big V, I ain't tripping bro! Lol, I wasn't responding to you brother.
    Man leave Dat liquor alone.....

From my Stephen-