Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where does Noah rank among centers?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll

12 27.91%
  • Top 3

23 53.49%
  • Top 5

7 16.28%
  • Top 10

1 2.33%
  • Top 15

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Where do you rank Joakim Noah among centers this season?

12.0 PPG
    11.4 RPG
    4.2 APG
    1.3 SPG
    2.3 BPG
    52.5 TS%
    17.7 PER
    38.4 MPG
    0.75 PPP - 32.6 %Score Overall
    0.67 PPP - 33.3 %Score Post-Up
    0.69 PPP - 30.2 %Score Spot-Up

Best? Top 2/3? Top 5? Top 10?

vCash
    Top C in East hands down. But 2nd to Howard as best in NBA.

vCash
    I think he's been the best this season.

vCash
    Top 3. I really only have Duncan ahead of him, though I consider Noah and Marc Gasol to be interchangeable as 2a/2b Centers in the league. I also think both Gasol/Noah drop down a notch if Dwight were healthy.

As great as Noah's contributions have been with the load he's been carrying, they come as a result of a Bulls team that needs his performances more than anyone else. The Bulls, like the Grizzlies, win and lose with the play of Noah and Gasol respectively. It's very evident in their season splits in winning/losing games.

As odd as this may initially sound, for all the accolades I want to give Noah for putting ASTOUNDING minutes, I have to give even more props for Duncan for remaining stellar with fewer minutes. It's a simple matter of opportunity - fewer minutes generally means fewer opportunities to perform. Add to that point that Duncan and Noah are on completely differently trajectories and it becomes even more remarkable for Duncan. I can only dream that Noah will, at 36 years young, come close to performing similarly to the Big Fundamental's performance today as compared to Duncan's 40+ MPG season in 01/02'.

vCash
    Not sure why people consider Duncan a C this year... Splitter starts at C and has emerged this year, moving Timmy back to PF position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Not sure why people consider Duncan a C this year... Splitter starts at C and has emerged this year, moving Timmy back to PF position
    This.

vCash
    Duncan has always been the C!!!

When asked who the starting center would be in Game 1 against the Jazz, Pop treated it as a silly question and said: “Tim Duncan, like we have for the past 15 years.”

http://forums.******.com/boards/view...?f=6&t=1185976

vCash
    It's Duncan than Noah. I don't wanna hear about Dwight. He can fill up stat sheets, but he is a damn block head. I'd take Noah over him 10 times out of 10!!!

vCash
    Duncan
    Dwight
    Gasol/Noah
    Cousins
    Lopez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Duncan has always been the C!!!

When asked who the starting center would be in Game 1 against the Jazz, Pop treated it as a silly question and said: “Tim Duncan, like we have for the past 15 years.”

http://forums.******.com/boards/view...?f=6&t=1185976
    I'm not sure what this has to do with the FACT that Tiago Splitter is their starting C and Duncan is playing PF this season

vCash
    Third in the East behind Lopez and Larry Sanders.

vCash
    I'm not sure what this has to do with the FACT that Tiago Splitter is their starting C and Duncan is playing PF this season
    Huh, I must have missed over the third of the season when Duncan was starting there and every other rotation when Tim is playing in the "5-slot"?

Guess we should amend the OT to best "pure/starting" center.

Edit: I'm just giving you a hard time. If you don't consider Duncan a center, that's fine.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 03-03-2013 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    Huh, I must have missed over the third of the season when Duncan was starting and every other rotation when Tim is playing in the "5-slot"?
    I mean he is kind of right. Tiago splitter and Boris diaw are slotted in as the centers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    I mean he is kind of right. Tiago splitter and Boris diaw are slotted in as the centers.
    ... and Haslem is a starting center for the Heat. Didn't stop me from comparing Noah to Bosh.

vCash
    He's been so well rounded I'd love to say he's the best. I still think Howard has been which is amazing given his injuries. I do think he deserves DPOY. You can tell he put a lot of work on his post defense in the off season. Given his Shot blocking, Rebounding, post defense, perimeter defense, stealing the ball from players trying to post him up I have to think he's going to be the DPOY.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast