Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Clippers and Wizards Had Trade Veto'd By Sterling At Deadline

"The Los Angeles Clippers and Washington Wizards had an agreement in principle on the eve of the deadline involving a trade of Caron Butler for Trevor Ariza, according to sources.

Donald Sterling rejected the trade a few hours before the deadline in fear of ruining the team's chemistry.

Butler continues to have a home in the Washington D.C. area, while Ariza would have given the Clippers a wing defender with length."

Sterling really seems to care about these guys and what the team does lately. Kudos to this veto. Butler is better than Ariza this year. They do similar things but the difference is Butler has experience and leadership he gives this team, not to mention he's a great chemistry guy.

This would have been categorized as "Making a trade, just to make a trade".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk-qHDsvRRc

vCash
    Why would he have to veto a trade? Can't he just tell his GM no I don't like that trade?
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    Maybe they mean just nix the trade like you're saying. It was agreed upon and Sterling dropped the hammer for the first time ever.

vCash
    A veto is how you tell him you dont approve brah

Ariza is intriguing tho, not sure how much chemistry is worth but I admit its prolly not a good idea to disturb it for what is at best a modest improvement at worst a lateral move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

Ariza is intriguing tho, not sure how much chemistry is worth but I admit its prolly not a good idea to disturb it for what is at best a modest improvement at worst a lateral move.
    Exactly. None of us Clippers fans are big Butler fans but no reason to make a lateral trade.

vCash
    Didn't Ariza play with CP3 in New Orleans? I'm sure they could've found a way to fit him in without too much disruption, other than maybe personality chemistry.

BTW, nice to have you back Clippersfan86... You backed out on your word but it's all good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Didn't Ariza play with CP3 in New Orleans? I'm sure they could've found a way to fit him in without too much disruption, other than maybe personality chemistry.

BTW, nice to have you back Clippersfan86... You backed out on your word but it's all good
    Not intentionally though. I was posting mostly on the Clippers forum I post on and just neglected it here a bit. Grats on your team win, that was a brutal, unexpected *** kicking. Popovich once again proved why Vinny has no business coaching in the NBA. It was truly like a monkey challenging a chess master to a game of high stakes chess. Vinny had no counters to anything Pop did and Pop was constantly two steps ahead.

Also your players seemed highly motivated and focused, while ours looked like they didn't give a flying F as they bent over and took it. I was appalled and haven't seen that kind of lack of heart and effort all season long probably. Teammates arguing and looking confused, players pouting and racking up techs. It was just demoralizing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Not intentionally though. I was posting mostly on the Clippers forum I post on and just neglected it here a bit. Grats on your team win, that was a brutal, unexpected *** kicking. Popovich once again proved why Vinny has no business coaching in the NBA. It was truly like a monkey challenging a chess master to a game of high stakes chess. Vinny had no counters to anything Pop did and Pop was constantly two steps ahead.

Also your players seemed highly motivated and focused, while ours looked like they didn't give a flying F as they bent over and took it. I was appalled and haven't seen that kind of lack of heart and effort all season long probably. Teammates arguing and looking confused, players pouting and racking up techs. It was just demoralizing.
    I hear that man. Can't get too high on wins or too low on losses. Every team has a game like that at some point throughout the season. But Vinny did seem to not make many if any adjustments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I hear that man. Can't get too high on wins or too low on losses. Every team has a game like that at some point throughout the season. But Vinny did seem to not make many if any adjustments
    Remember I'm a long time fan of a terrible team. It's hard not to get pumped about big losses or get really bummed over bad losses. It will improve over time I'm sure. I'm glad other fans see Vinny's failures as a coach. Unlike Pop who's constantly managing a game with adjustments... Vinny sticks with set routines and makes zero adjustments. For example he always benches the starters for about 6-7 minutes to start 2nd quarters but fails to understand that if the team gives up a big run, you can bring Blake+CP3 back after let's say 3 minutes.

Every other team in the NBA outside of the older Spurs plays their stars big minutes... no reason Blake or CP3 can't handle playing 38-40+ minutes once in a while.

vCash
    "The Los Angeles Clippers and Washington Wizards had an agreement in principle on the eve of the deadline involving a trade of Caron Butler for Trevor Ariza, according to sources.

Donald Sterling rejected the trade a few hours before the deadline in fear of ruining the team's chemistry.

Butler continues to have a home in the Washington D.C. area, while Ariza would have given the Clippers a wing defender with length."

Sterling really seems to care about these guys and what the team does lately. Kudos to this veto. Butler is better than Ariza this year. They do similar things but the difference is Butler has experience and leadership he gives this team, not to mention he's a great chemistry guy.

This would have been categorized as "Making a trade, just to make a trade".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk-qHDsvRRc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

Exactly. None of us Clippers fans are big Butler fans but no reason to make a lateral trade.
    Holy **** we all agree on something Clipper related! Ironically we agree that keeping Butler was a good move. I would have never seen that coming!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Holy **** we all agree on something Clipper related! Ironically we agree that keeping Butler was a good move. I would have never seen that coming!!

vCash
    Remember I'm a long time fan of a terrible team. It's hard not to get pumped about big losses or get really bummed over bad losses. It will improve over time I'm sure. I'm glad other fans see Vinny's failures as a coach. Unlike Pop who's constantly managing a game with adjustments... Vinny sticks with set routines and makes zero adjustments. For example he always benches the starters for about 6-7 minutes to start 2nd quarters but fails to understand that if the team gives up a big run, you can bring Blake+CP3 back after let's say 3 minutes.

Every other team in the NBA outside of the older Spurs plays their stars big minutes... no reason Blake or CP3 can't handle playing 38-40+ minutes once in a while.
    That game was brutal but I don't think VDN is a bad coach because of it. We just plain got our *** kicked.

vCash
    Ariza is the most deserving player to be on a contending team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    That game was brutal but I don't think VDN is a bad coach because of it. We just plain got our *** kicked.
    Agree not all Vinny. I think the lack of energy, focus and heart was beyond sickening from the players. Barnes put it perfectly that they were still in vacation mode. Nobody but Blake looked like they gave a flying fu**. Players were slow, carefree and too busy going after refs. Although if their coach was Pop I have no doubt he would have had them more prepared and made it more competitive. When the Spurs come out sluggish he rips their ***** apart.

I think we may need a coach like SVG who has no issue destroying a player who's fu**ing up. Maybe they could toughen DJ up which we all know he needs bad.

vCash
    Agree not all Vinny. I think the lack of energy, focus and heart was beyond sickening from the players. Barnes put it perfectly that they were still in vacation mode. Nobody but Blake looked like they gave a flying fu**. Players were slow, carefree and too busy going after refs. Although if their coach was Pop I have no doubt he would have had them more prepared and made it more competitive. When the Spurs come out sluggish he rips their ***** apart.

I think we may need a coach like SVG who has no issue destroying a player who's fu**ing up. Maybe they could toughen DJ up which we all know he needs bad.
    Yea I hear you. That game was just dog ****. Worst game of the year by far. I'm not sure how I feel about replacing VDN as coach. For the most part I think he's had a great year and is a big part of what we are doing....but I can't deny a guy like SVG being a better coach. I think ideally VDN stays as GM and hires a new coach...however he is still a young coach, I beleive this is his 5th year and he has shown major signs of improvement. I'm sure he still looks at himself as a head coach. He will very hard to replace and if CP3 doesn't want him replaced he won't be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast