Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

History of pacers trades

I've been looking at the history of pacers trades some good one some that back fired on us..whats some of yours good ones & the bad ones..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacersfan1967 View Post
    I've been looking at the history of pacers trades some good one some that back fired on us..whats some of yours good ones & the bad ones..
    This is pretty recent but i am really happy with the Ian Mahinmi for Collison/Jones trade.

I also liked the trade that landed us Mercer, Artest, Miller and im forgetting someone else. That one would have panned out great if it werent for the malice at the palace.

I thought the Artest trade to Sacramento sucked, but we had no choice, Peja was a rental. The JO trade to toronto also sucked. TJ Ford was awful.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    I liked that trade alot because of brad miller .. I agrea with ya on that trade because of the fight at palace .. I like the trade with dallas getting ian.. I can't remember the other guy of the trade with chicago

vCash
    I liked that trade alot because of brad miller .. I agrea with ya on that trade because of the fight at palace .. I like the trade with dallas getting ian.. I can't remember the other guy of the trade with chicago
    was it Kevin Ollie? i cant remember, i know there were 4 players coming from the Bulls though.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    yes your right it was kevin ollie .. rather had charles oakley though at that time..

vCash
    Pacers gave up Rose,Best,Norm Richardson, conditional 2nd rounder

we got B Miller,Artest,Mercer,Ollie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    The JO trade to toronto also sucked. TJ Ford was awful.
    That was a good one because we could draft Roy Hibbert with that trade
    (Jermaine O'Neal & Nathan Jawai for T.J. Ford, Maceo Baston, Rasho Nesterovic, 2008 1st round Draft pick=Roy Hibbert)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick Killer View Post
    That was a good one because we could draft Roy Hibbert with that trade
    (Jermaine O'Neal & Nathan Jawai for T.J. Ford, Maceo Baston, Rasho Nesterovic, 2008 1st round Draft pick=Roy Hibbert)
    yeah it panned out, but in terms of our immediate success it was bad. TJ was supposed to be our point gaurd, but instead ended up going in and out of the starting line-up. The other two guys did a whole lot of nothing. I was glad when Rasho left, i didnt like him, and Maceo was already in his 30's after playing most his career in Israel. We had two down years where Granger had almost no help, when he was playing at his best.

vCash
    Yeah I was about to say that the JO trade was actually a great trade. I cant believe we dupped TOR into taking on JOs huge contract when he was always injured and only a marginal player anymore. We got an 7'2 all star center and cleared our cap out lol.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    The best trade prolly had to be when we traded a aging Dale Davis for a young JO. No one would have done that if they knew what O'Neal would become. Until his injuries started racking up he was as good as they came in the league.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    This is pretty recent but i am really happy with the Ian Mahinmi for Collison/Jones trade.

I also liked the trade that landed us Mercer, Artest, Miller and im forgetting someone else. That one would have panned out great if it werent for the malice at the palace.

I thought the Artest trade to Sacramento sucked, but we had no choice, Peja was a rental. The JO trade to toronto also sucked. TJ Ford was awful.
    Like said above JO was pretty much a bust in toronto if it makes you feel better....and honestly if we had only gotten the pick for Roy with I would have been happy.

I think TJ was screwed by JOB as well, since he was playing in an offense that needed a combo guard to bring the ball up then turn into a 2nd SG and never played to his strengths.

Also I have yet to see this mentioned but we held on to JO a year tool long and Ford with the pick and filler was the best option we could get when we could have made a major blockbuster the year before. He went through some injuries for 2 years and we needed to move on...JO had a great year in 06-07 and played 69 games and averaged just a shade under 20 and 10...it was obvious to most here (but hadn't really caught on to the rest of the league) that he wasn't ever going to be healthy and/or the same player but still had potential to net us a haul...waiting that extra year cost us in value quite a bit and what we got for him was probably by far the best option.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 02-25-2013 at 11:15 AM.