Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Cruz's TD against the Skins was the best play (offensively or defensively) of 2012

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fact

2 40.00%
  • Fiction

3 60.00%
    vCash

Giants Fact or Fiction #1: Best Play of 2012

Giants writers did a little piece on this on giants.com, but wanted to get everyone's take in here.

We'll start with their first:

FACT OR FICTION #1: BEST PLAY OF 2012 WAS...

Victor Cruz’s late 77-yard touchdown to beat Washington was the best Giants play of the 2012 season – offensively or defensively.

Their take:

MICHAEL EISEN: Fiction - It was a great play – it’s hard to vote against a 77-yard touchdown pass that wins a game with 1:13 remaining – but I’m going to select a special teams play, David Wilson’s 77-yard kickoff return vs. New Orleans on Dec. 9. It tied the game at 7-7 just 13 seconds after the Saints scored on a 73-yard interception return and got the Giants rolling toward their 52-point explosion. And it was only the Giants’ 20 regular-season kickoff return touchdown in their 88-year history.

JOHN SCHMEELK: Fiction - I’m going to go with the JPP interception against the Cowboys. Cruz’s catch was the result of a blown coverage and it was a simple pitch and catch. JPP’s interception took ridiculous instincts and reaction time to jump and intercept Romo’s swing pass. He scored on the play and the Giants won the game. David Wilson’s kick return for a touchdown against the Saints is second for me, since it was an exclamation point on such a terrific game. Defensively, I like the Rolle interception over the middle against the 49ers. Great athletic play. Cruz finishes 4th.

DAN SALOMONE: Fact - There was a lot more surrounding that finish than just another Victor Cruz catch-and-run. Not only was the Giants sideline already heated, but Eli Manning was also decked on the play only knowing the Giants scored based on the roar of the crowd. It was an emotional play – you could tell by Cruz’s spike before the salsa – and it kept the magic of 2011 alive against a quality opponent.

vCash
    lol not even close. I can't think of any right now but that is fairly routine.

vCash
    JPP's pick six was the best defensive play, but I say David Wilson's 97 yd kick return for a TD was the best Giants play in my opinion
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Is it wrong to vote for Hynoski's TD just because of the celebration at the end?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Is it wrong to vote for Hynoski's TD just because of the celebration at the end?
    You got my vote and support