Here's a quick recap I stole from somewhere else.:
- Organization very happy with Rudy. They see him as a franchise guy here that should be built around and value him as a closer hugely.
- Happy with Ross despite his ups and downs. Thinks he'll figure it out and believes he can be an impact defender/athlete that can make shots. Says that's valuable in the league and suggested they were more comfortable with him because of those attributes than running the risk of striking out completely as many franchises do in the 7-10 range of drafts.
- Wants to surround Demar and Rudy with shooters. If not at the deadline than perhaps offseason.
- Praised new ownership group and said he was confident that they just want to win. They have approval to go into the luxury tax if a piece was available that would make us a contender. Said its great having ownership like that.
- Bargnani not a lock to be moved. They will never just give away a good piece. Too early to tell what's really out there. Early in the trade deadline process. Lots of people lying.
- Believes Bargs could be an impact scorer playing 24 minutes per game rather than 34.
Last edited by ink; 02-12-2013 at 02:39 PM.
The Heat paired two weak shooting ball dominant players and surrounded them with shooters and it worked out for them, lol. So I dunno where all this doom and gloom is coming from.
Raptors Franchise Checklist:Rebuild with young players [x]
Build contending team [ ]
Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
Win Championship [ ]
He made another mistake like this with Amare in PHX who couldn't defend his position against most of the bigs on contending teams like LA and SA. He got a defensive big to sub in. Problem was, the defensive big wasn't good enough to play at the other end of the court.
Undoubtedly you will say "what's that got to do with shooters?" so I'll pre-empt that question by saying that it has to do with thinking you can solve all your problems by platooning players. That doesn't work in the playoffs (or in the regular season for that matter) when benches tighten and the compete level is higher.
Players on contending teams can't have subs coming in to do their work. Either they have a partial skill set and they are pretty good, or they have a complete skill set and they're elite.