Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is anyone else sick of wins and loses being used as an individual stat for QBs?

Wins and Loses are a "TEAM" stat...not an individual QB stat

I'm really tired of hearing about how "Flacco is elite because he won the Super Bowl", no the Ravens made it to the post season because they were one of the most physical teams in the league...or how Eli was so clutch, he went out there and won single-handedly won a ring...no, the Giants came together and won a ring as a team...did you even notice that defense?

Or "this QB is better than that QB because he has more rings"...there is no QB that wins rings alone

Or, "so and so is ELITE because he has won more games"...NO, the TEAM HE WAS ON WON GAMES, not just HIM.

There are 53 players on a team...along with a coaching staff...but the way that the media talks about QBs you would think that they are out there playing Tennis...the Super Bowl was Flacco vs. Kaepernick

Flacco has a ring because of

-Boldin, Torrey Smith
    -one of the best o-lines in the NFL
    -Ray Rice
    -a ridiculous defense composed of HOF players like Ngata, Suggs, Reed, Lewis, Kruger, Upshaw, etc etc
    -one of the best coaches in the game
    -where is the weakness of this team? Is there one?

Kap was in the Super Bowl for similar reasons...

-is there a better 4-3 LB core than Willis, Smith, Bowman?...maybe greatest all time
    -Gore
    -Crabtree came into his own
    -also one of the greatest coaches in the league
    -etc

THIS IS A TEAM SPORT

/rant over

vCash
    It is a way for critics to validate an individual's legacy. It happens in many sports. Baseball has pitcher wins. Hockey has goalie wins. Basketball rings are usually tied to one great player.

I do not like it, after all, these are all team sports...but some evaluators will always use wins as a measure of individual greatness.

vCash
    No! It is and should be an integral part of a QB stat line. A QB deserves to be the player that gets recognized for W/L.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t327 View Post
    It is a way for critics to validate an individual's legacy. It happens in many sports. Baseball has pitcher wins. Hockey has goalie wins. Basketball rings are usually tied to one great player.

I do not like it, after all, these are all team sports...but some evaluators will always use wins as a measure of individual greatness.
    It makes a little more sense in the NBA where the team is composed of 13 people and not 53, and one player like Lebron James can mean so much, but even Lebron needs help, he couldn't do it alone in Cleveland

and many think that the W/L stat for pitchers is awful, and I agree...they have nothing to do with how many points their own team scores

the only sports where it should count as an individual sat is one on sports...tennis, boxing, etc

vCash
    yes
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I'm sick of people making dupes and making threads

vCash
    Im actually sick of people comparing stats to wins.

The wins are all that matter, that's why you play.

For example, Dan Marino has some amazing stats but he never even played in a Super Bowl. He has top 5 stats of all-time, but I don't think I've ever seen one person on these forms mention his name in the GOAT discussion.

QB is the most important position on the field. Teams that are winners, usually have a pretty good QB... Can we all agree on that one?

Without Ben Rapistberger, the Steelers aren't crap. With Big Ben, they are Super Bowl contenders.

So yeah, I actually think winning is the biggest statistic under a players belt. Few are born winners, most are born losers.

vCash
    Wins and losses are very important, its what really defines a QB and what he can do for the team. So no I dont agree with this thread.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post

For example, Dan Marino has some amazing stats but he never even played in a Super Bowl. He has top 5 stats of all-time, but I don't think I've ever seen one person on these forms mention his name in the GOAT discussion.

QB is the most important position on the field. Teams that are winners, usually have a pretty good QB... Can we all agree on that one?

Without Ben Rapistberger, the Steelers aren't crap. With Big Ben, they are Super Bowl contenders.

So yeah, I actually think winning is the biggest statistic under a players belt. Few are born winners, most are born losers.
    Marino actually has played in a Super Bowl but lost...there are people that consider him the GOAT, most have him top-5

there are also plenty of examples of bad QBs winning rings...Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Bradshaw wasn't all that great and he won 4 of them..."Steel Curtain Defense"

"winning" is a team stats...does Flacco get a ring if Jacoby Jones doesn't return that kick? probably not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    Wins and losses are very important, its what really defines a QB and what he can do for the team. So no I dont agree with this thread.
    it shouldn't define a QB at all...but it does

his individual performance should define him...not weather or not his "TEAM" won

vCash
    I don't think it should be nearly as important as fans and analysts make it out to be. I have never given much credence to win-loss record when evaluating a qb.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    It is one stat among the myriad stats available to measure a QBs value. The fact that you appear to give it significant weight is a bit silly.

It is just one interesting stat among all the rest.

Leon, stop trying to make it more than it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    I'm sick of people making dupes and making threads
    I expect you got this right. I have my guess who it is.

vCash
    Yes and superbowls are worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post

Some people don't understand that. Sports and life, it's about wins and losses.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast