Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PED Discussion

vCash

PED Discussion

Open the neat spreadsheet and scroll past the listing of local developers, prominent attorneys, and personal trainers. You'll find a lengthy list of nicknames: Mostro, Al Capone, El Cacique, Samurai, Yukon, Mohamad, Felix Cat, and D.R.

Then check out the main column, where their real names flash like an all-star roster of professional athletes with Miami ties: San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera, Oakland A's hurler Bartolo Colón, pro tennis player Wayne Odesnik, budding Cuban superstar boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa, and Texas Rangers slugger Nelson Cruz. There's even the New York Yankees' $275 million man himself, Alex Rodriguez, who has sworn he stopped juicing a decade ago.

Anthony Bosch
    Miami-Dade Police Department

Anthony Bosch

Handwritten client lists from Biogenesis.

Handwritten client lists from Biogenesis.

Read further and you'll find more than a dozen other baseball pros, from former University of Miami ace Cesar Carrillo to Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal to Washington Nationals star Gio Gonzalez. Notable coaches are there too, including UM baseball conditioning guru Jimmy Goins

The names are all included in an extraordinary batch of records from Biogenesis, an anti-aging clinic tucked into a two-story office building just a hard line drive's distance from the UM campus. They were given to New Times by an employee who worked at Biogenesis before it closed last month and its owner abruptly disappeared. The records are clear in describing the firm's real business: selling performance-enhancing drugs, from human growth hormone (HGH) to testosterone to anabolic steroids.
    Link: http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01...biggest-names/

This would be a huge blow to baseball if true. Gio Gonzalez, Nelson Cruz, Melkey, and Grandal all have been linked to buying drugs at this clinic.

vCash
    They aren't very good at secrecy, seeing as A-Rod, Grandal, Colon and Odensik have all been caught.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    Gio and Nelson Cruz? Wow.

vCash
    But there are also several prominent professionals in Bosch's records who have never before been linked to steroid use. According to his July 2012 client sheet, Bosch sold $4,000 of product to Nelson Cruz, whom he nicknames "Mohamad." Cruz, the power-hitting Dominican outfielder for the Texas Rangers, has whacked 130 bombs in his eight-year career without any links to performance-enhancing drugs. Until now. Bosch writes in his 2012 book: "Need to call him, go Thur to Texas, take meds from April 5-May 5, will owe him troches and... and will infuse them in May."

There's also the curious case of Gio Gonzalez, the 27-year-old, Hialeah-native, left-handed hurler who won 21 games last year for the Washington Nationals. Gonzalez's name appears five times in Bosch's notebooks, including a specific note in the 2012 book reading, "Order 1.c.1 with Zinc/MIC/... and Aminorip. For Gio and charge $1,000." (Aminorip is a muscle-building protein.)

Gonzalez's father, Max, also appears on Bosch's client lists and is often listed in conjunction with the pitcher. But reached by phone, the Hialeah resident insists his son has had no contact with Bosch.

"My son works very, very hard, and he's as clean as apple pie," the elder Gonzalez says. "I went to Tony because I needed to lose weight. A friend recommended him, and he did great work for me. But that's it. He never met my son. Never. And if I knew he was doing these things with steroids, do you think I'd be dumb enough to go there?"
    I'd love to read the full list.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    I'd love to read the full list.
    You aren't the only one

vCash
    Shocking

vCash
    The Rangers are going to issue a statement soon on Cruz, and Passan said MLB could start handing out 50 game suspensions.

vCash
    how totally not shocking it is to see Nelson Cruz on there.

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

players named in Miami New Times piece can be suspended if allegations check out. positive test not needed to suspend.

vCash
    Wow not Gio!

vCash
    3 of players (melky, colon & grandal) already failed mlb test & were suspended. ban concern greater for arod, gio, cruz
    Per Heyman

Ohhh Arod

vCash
    Nelson Cruz makes a lot of sense. I never would have suspected Gio though.

vCash
    the problem is there is no connection to these players or that they met with or were treated by the doctor who was supplying these illegal substances. But this will start investigation and discussion on tougher penalties.

vCash
    i wouldn't be surprised if gio was doping in Oakland, i mean look at that teams history, i know everyone team had some juicers but jesus why do the A's always seem to have more than anyone.

vCash
    Not really surprised if AROD is still using. He's declining at a rapid pace and probably trying to stay on top of his game.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast