Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

build your 2nd half line-up!

Due to the totality of circumstances this team should be blown up, but the teams hands are tied. We can't move pieces of the team. So this roster is what we are left with. With only 17 wins we wont be vying for a spot in the playoffs. So, I say we could change our starters up! What new line up would you star and give the majority of mins. to? Any reason will do. Be it, we need change, to see our young players, need more d', need more offensive, or anyother reason that you could think of. I would love to see others points of view. Please post.

vCash
    PG - Fredette (If the team relies on him at the PG spot, he'll produce. He's unselfish, and just needs 30 min/gm)
    SG - Evans (There's no one on this team that should start over Tyreke)
    SF - Salmons (Surprisingly been one of the Kings' most consistent players this year)
    PF - Robinson (We'll never know what he's capable of unless the Kings go All-In!)
    C - Cousins (Top 5 C in the league... I throw up when I see a backup 6'6" Center (Hayes)!

6th man - Thornton
    First big - Jason Thompson
    First Wing - Francisco Garcia
    Backup PG - Isaiah Thomas

Just for the hell of it, I want to see Honeycutt get some burn. The Kings can't get any worse. I know he'd bring defense and hustle. Not to sure where his shot is at, but f##k it give him 10-15 minutes.

vCash
    Nice imac! Although I disagree with your thought of Hayes, I was laughing from your line.

vCash
    It depends on if we want to win games or get experience for the young players

If we want to win, I'd try this:

PG: Evans/Thomas/Jimmer
    SG: Salmons/Evans/Thornton
    SF: Garcia/Salmons/Johnson/Outlaw
    PF: Thompson/Robinson/Johnson
    C: Cousins/Hayes/Thompson

Not sure what the rotation would be, but Tyreke should play at least 36 per night. Split the time he isn't playing PG between Jimmer and Thomas. Having Tyreke at PG, we aren't losing anything in terms of having a guard running the offense because Thomas doesn't really run the offense and Jimmer doesn't seem ready to be a primary ball-handler. Salmons at SG gives good size, decent shooting and defense, and a pretty intelligent player who is willing and able to get other players involved in the offense. Garcia gives good defense, intelligence, and someone to shoot 3's (not the best, but he'd have to do and it's a role that needs filling). Thompson is our best PF, and Cousins is our best C, so if we want to win, they start.

I don't care to give Thornton many minutes unless he's hot. James Johnson is situational, but his defense is really good and earns him minutes - especially based on match-ups. Outlaw can get some minutes at SF (and PF if we're in foul trouble and there's a good match-up) if need be as he's played pretty well and we're stuck with him. He's not too dissimilar from Garcia. Hayes can get the offense moving and isn't a bad player to have as a back-up. Who else is there? Honeycutt doesn't play if we want to win. Robinson should get minutes at PF. Brooks doesn't matter unless he gets hot or starts playing intelligently.

The starting line-up is probably as versatile as we can get while at the same time providing what should be pretty good defense.

Meanwhile, if we want experience:

Jimmer/Thomas
    Evans/Salmons
    Salmons/Honeycutt
    Robinson/Thompson
    Cousins

I don't expect anything out of Honeycutt, but who knows. Won't find out unless he gets a chance.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I don't expect anything out of Honeycutt, but who knows. Won't find out unless he gets a chance.
    I don't expect anything spectacular out of him, but with Outlaw getting burn... why not?

I miss Dante Greene. I think he brought a defensive mentality. Although he wasn't a great defender, his effort was always there. I'd take Dante over Outlaw, Honeycutt, and yeah Johnson. (similar numbers, Greene better PER, plus he could knock down open shots.)
    Last edited by iMac; 02-07-2013 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Donte vs. Our back up 3s. Who will win? Winner takes nothing. In a no holds bar contest for the title of should we really have.
    Nice side bar. If we could combine j.j.'s defence with donte's offence, we'ld have a hell of a player. But as our back up 3 goes if I wanted one to win now I would want outlaw, but I want to see a young player in james johnson right now. I even think we should start him. I want to see what the guy can do. His defence is fantastic, his offence has grown from the start of the season. So I would like to see if he could improve further.

My line up I still have to think about, and it's more about what to do with Tyreke than anything else.

vCash
    Fredette
    Evans/Honeycutt
    Honeycutt/Evans
    Robinson
    Cousins

It's time to fully evaluate the youth.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    I don't think I could watch Kings basketball with James Johnson as a starter. He has good defense, but offensively he doesn't bring much to the table... and when he does (rarely) produce, its not in the flow of what our offense is doing. I'd rather see Honeycutt struggle and get better than Johnson start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Fredette
    Evans/Honeycutt
    Honeycutt/Evans
    Robinson
    Cousins

It's time to fully evaluate the youth.
    Might as well, Kings aren't gaining anything by playing there vets. I love Cisco, but he's going to be gone after this year...Outlaw is hot n cold (more cold)... Its way overdue to see what Honeycutt can bring. I mean, Whiteside got burn last year and he didn't amount to much.

vCash

build your 2nd half line-up!

Jimmer
    Thornton
    Evans
    Robinson
    Cousins
    IMO best 5...

vCash
    Fredette
    Thornton
    Salmons
    Robinson
    Cousins

6th man Evans
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    DeMarcus
    4 D-Leaguers

vCash
    Jimmer
    Honeycutt
    Johnson
    Robinson
    Cousins

Mostly just to see what we can get from Honeycutt/Johnson/Jimmer. But it wouldn't happen anyways

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    PG - Fredette (If the team relies on him at the PG spot, he'll produce. He's unselfish, and just needs 30 min/gm)
    SG - Evans (There's no one on this team that should start over Tyreke)
    SF - Salmons (Surprisingly been one of the Kings' most consistent players this year)
    PF - Robinson (We'll never know what he's capable of unless the Kings go All-In!)
    C - Cousins (Top 5 C in the league... I throw up when I see a backup 6'6" Center (Hayes)!

6th man - Thornton
    First big - Jason Thompson
    First Wing - Francisco Garcia
    Backup PG - Isaiah Thomas

Just for the hell of it, I want to see Honeycutt get some burn. The Kings can't get any worse. I know he'd bring defense and hustle. Not to sure where his shot is at, but f##k it give him 10-15 minutes.
    I agree completely with this post.