4. Brandon Nimmo, OF
    5. Gavin Cecchini, SS
    6. Wilmer Flores, 3B
    7. Rafael Montero, RHP
    8. Domingo Tapia, RHP
    9. Jacob deGrom, RHP
    10. Hansel Robles, RHP

vCash
    Damn, Law really doesn't like Syndergaard as much as some other people do.

vCash
    Domingo Tapia, last year's sleeper, had a strong year in full-season ball, although I think he's been passed by Rafael Montero, who has better command and better secondary stuff than Tapia, who throws harder with more sink but is less of a complete pitcher. Jacob deGrom came back from Tommy John surgery in the middle of the season and was 92-96 with plus life, a good slider, feel for a change and good control. He has yet to throw a full season anywhere, though, as he didn't convert to pitching regularly until the spring of 2010.
    Best scouting report on deGrom yet.

vCash
    I have a serious problem having both Robles and deGromm ahead of Fulmer.

And I thought from seeing both Mateo being the better pitcher between him and Robles.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Yeah I think he's reaching with Robles. deGrom is a serious prospect and I'm glad he's getting respect. I would replace Robles with Fulmer and have Mateo at #11 given the way his list is set up.

vCash

Keith Law Top 10 Mets prospects

DeGrom in the top 10 is a serious reach, again even he said it, he has yet to pitch a full season and he is relative new to pitching. A guy like that should no way go in from of Fulmer. No way no how.

As mention this numerous times already, I was by far more impressed with Robles than Mateo and I saw both of them this year, but again I have an issue with Robles being ahead of Fulmer.

vCash

Keith Law Top 10 Mets prospects

The guy am glad is there in the top10 is Tapia, he should be in all top 10 listings, and while I know Law has never been high on Flores, Wilmer is still a better prospect than Nimmo and Cecchini.

vCash
    Law think Wilmer is a LF.

Still surprised that a 19 year old with 2.74 ERA, 8.4 Ks per 9 innings and a WHIP of 1.200 isn't considered as a top 10 prospect.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I guess Nimmo and Cecchini are this high because they are drafted high...

vCash
    No, Law thinks Cecchini will be a solid mlb SS. And he had Nimmo just missing his top 100.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    DeGrom in the top 10 is a serious reach, again even he said it, he has yet to pitch a full season and he is relative new to pitching. A guy like that should no way go in from of Fulmer. No way no how.

As mention this numerous times already, I was by far more impressed with Robles than Mateo and I saw both of them this year, but again I have an issue with Robles being ahead of Fulmer.
    From a pure stuff standpoint, the profile he laid out for him looks better than Fulmer, and since he's new to pitching, he should only continue to improve his feel for pitching and command.

Like I said before, some people will buy that deGrom isn't your ordinary 24 year old, while others will say he is 24 and his prospect status shouldn't be positive due to the age/level difference.

Robles was a bigger reach than deGrom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Law think Wilmer is a LF.

Still surprised that a 19 year old with 2.74 ERA, 8.4 Ks per 9 innings and a WHIP of 1.200 isn't considered as a top 10 prospect.
    If he doesn't stick at 3B, LF would be the only logical choice. I still do not think he is an option at 2B, he's too big, and he will only get bigger and slower as he ages.

vCash
    What do you guys think of Steve Matz? Stuff wise?

vCash
    Matz has some electric stuff from the left side, he was averaging 95 mph (hitting 98 mph at times) with his fastball in the Appalachian League before they shut him down in July.

His control is still a little bit of an issue but he has a solid 3 pitch repertoire with his fastball, curve, and changeup.

He projects well if he can stay healthy.

That's been his biggest problem to this point.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-07-2013 at 06:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    What do you guys think of Steve Matz? Stuff wise?
    It's all health with him. Honestly, with his plus fastball from the left-side, he could end up as high as being a #2 starter, or as low as a flame-out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast