Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Poll says Jay Cutler is somehow more hateable than ever

Every year, Forbes puts out a list of the 10 most disliked athletes in sports. Usually, that list is pretty much what you’d guess. A year ago, Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, and Plaxico Burress stood (or sulked) at the top. In this year’s version, released yesterday, the top three again didn’t provide much of a surprise: Lance Armstrong (cheater, Oprah interviewee, all-around ********), Manti Te’o (fake dead girlfriend embellisher), and Woods.

The surprise, at least to me, comes at no. 4. With an approval rating of just 21 percent, Jay Cutler is the most disliked athlete in America who’s never given a nationally televised mea culpa. Listen, I’ll be the first to admit that I can’t see anything regarding Cutler with clear eyes, and that the guy kind of seems like an *******. But is he really more of an ******* now than he used to be?

Cutler’s most public misstep is still the second half of the NFC Championship two years ago, when a knee injury forced him out of the Bears’ loss to Green Bay and everyone with a Twitter account questioned how tough he really was. Coming in second (this is arguable, only because I know plenty of people who thought it was awesome) is Cutler telling Mike Martz to go **** off on national TV. What’s confusing is that we’re now a year further away from both, and Cutler seems to be more hated than ever.

This season brought its own issues — Cutler shoved J’Marcus Webb during one prime-time game and seemed to blow off Mike Tice in another — but for the most part, those willing to look were given a fairer, more complete look at Cutler than ever before. For an hour each week, he had a radio program in Chicago that proved him to be no less of an *******, but also to be intelligent, and funny, and the type of guy who’d be welcome in any ****-giving group of friends. Again, my sample size consists mostly of people desperate for Cutler to succeed, but not a single person I know came away from installments of “The Jay Cutler Show” liking him any less. The same goes for Cutler’s mic’d up session against the Vikings.

I know the immediate response will be that the general public isn’t tuned in to ESPN 1000 every week, and that’s something I’ll concede. The typical Cutler experience comes in exposure to weekly shoulder shrugs, stare-downs, and ball-flippings. But that’s been the case for years. Those don’t explain why Cutler is apparently more unlikeable than ever, and honestly, neither can I. For now, I guess we’re just left with a list in which Cutler sits six spots ahead of Tony Romo, a dude whose bachelor party consisted of a game of hide-and-seek. Maybe the problem isn’t Cutler. Maybe it's what we go around liking in the first place.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...able-than-ever

vCash
    **** 'em. I'd still love him if he was the most hated athlete in sports. He's just too sexy to not like.

vCash
    Yeah, I could care less how people feel about him.

The funny thing is, the same people probably think that Rat Lewis is a "stand up" kind of guy

vCash
    i love this so much. the more people hate him, the more cutler doesn't give a ****. I love it

vCash
    #cuttydoesit

vCash
    Last edited by Cub_StuckinSTL; 02-06-2013 at 07:50 PM.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    http://i.imgur.com/onDKqrG.png

I bet robdizzle and bb stayed up all night voting.

vCash
    Don't care about how much of a **** he seems to be, I like his attitude & competitiveness. However, I HATE his Quarterback play. The guy couldn't read a D-E-F-E-N-S-E if you stamped it like this on his fiance's forehead LOL!!!!

vCash
    Why are you laughing?

vCash
    Who really cares but for the sake of the topic - what has Jay done to change the public perception?

vCash
    hate him cuz they aint him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Who really cares but for the sake of the topic - what has Jay done to change the public perception?
    Thats just it he doesn't look to be accepted he just does him. Donates time and money without asking for recognition doesn't give a ****. Thats the way it should be. I mean sweet Andre Johnson spent a ton of money on some kids at Toys R' Us but did he have to tweet a pic to make himself look good? Thats douchier than cutler

vCash
    Yeah well he's always gonna show up on these stupid polls

vCash
    People hate or dislike others for some of the silliest reasons and then you have others who wants to jump on the bandwagon. People have a right to their opinion even if their reasons has very little if any validity.

vCash
    Most people are sheep or just plain stupid, so this doesn't surprise me.

I hate talking sports with most people because all they do is repeat what they've heard on ESPN.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 02-06-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast