Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What is it with Yankees and PED's?

Why does it seem that every time there is some type of PED scandal there are Yankees and former yankees involved?

I laughed when the yankee conspiracy nuts said that there were no Red Sox on the Mitchell report because he was a Red Sox fan but it seems to be happening over and over.

Is it possible it is a reflection of media attention? That there are actually a lot more PED users but the only reason that a lot of yankees and former yankees seem to be involved is that is only considered newsworthy in New York? or is there something in the yankee minor league culture that used to condoned PED use?

Theoretically only one out of every thirty players suspected of PED use should come from the yankees system. It seems much higher than that.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but Arod was using PED's long before he became a yankee. We didn't hear about it though until he became one.
    Last edited by YankeesR#2; 02-06-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Arod comment

vCash
    The yankees sign a lot of big name free agents. It seems in the PED era many of those big name free agents may have used PEDs. Cervelli seems to be the first minor leaguer to have come up in my recent memory, so not sure their minor league culture perpetuates this. Granted Melky was also a Yankees farm product but I would associate his PED use to his Arod connection.

These guys all saw what PEDs did for maguire, sosa and bonds. It's going to take a generation of heavy policing and regulating to change the mind set. I think you are starting to see the worm turn on this issue. The real question will be how known PED users are treated in terms of contract. If the only penalty they suffer is a 50 game suspension but are rewarded with massive multi year deals? Nothing will change.

vCash
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    50-48

G: 87 | AVG: .272 | HR: 2| RBI: 27| OBP: .326 | SLG: .320 | wOBA: .293 | wRC: 80

vCash
    Just cut the head off the snake (Alex Rodriguez) of Ped use/abuse/rumors and ban him entirely from the game already, than baseball in general won't have such a black eye. Yankee or not, he seems to be the one constant link every time a new report comes out.

In all likely hood he'll admit it again, call himself an addict and simply get a slap on the hand because he has a "disease" like they say in rehab center's.
    Last edited by Bo Sox Fan; 02-06-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

French Canadian Eugenie Bouchard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    Just cut the head off the snake (Alex Rodriguez) of Ped use/abuse/rumors and ban him entirely from the game already, than baseball in general won't have such a black eye. Yankee or not, he seems to be the one constant link every time a new report comes out.
    All two of them?

vCash
    boy genius know that the Mitchell report only used the Mets clubhouse guy and the Yanks clubhouse guy ? Try and do some research before your start spouting from your azz... Comedy
    Last edited by oak2455; 02-07-2013 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post

In all likely hood he'll admit it again, call himself an addict and simply get a slap on the hand because he has a "disease" like they say in rehab center's.
    Big Pappy and his boyfriend Manny say hi ....

vCash
    I'm not going to defend A-Rod here because I don't know the whole story, but can we please keep the snake's head on until we actually do know the real story and whether these reports are worth the notebooks they're scribbled in?

vCash
    What is with the yankees forum and more PED threads..like we don't have enough already.

That is the real question.

Oh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Big Pappy and his boyfriend Manny say hi ....
    Now that doesn't count in #2's world !

I never thought of Easter as hot until I saw your siggy Oak !
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    the yankees have a lot of baseball players. most baseball players are PED users. therefore many yankees use PEDS
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals