Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Derrick Rose?

vCash

Derrick Rose?

I think people romanticize how good Derrick Rose actually is. He definitely is a great player, being the only person other than Lebron to win MVP in the last 4 years, but heís not as good as people are making him out to be, in my possibly delusional opinion. Heís got a great team behind him who are fully capable of standing on their own. The return of Derrick Rose isnít going to shake the NBA and turn it on its head. Itís a momentous occasion considering the severity of his injury, but heís just another really good player. People are making him out to be the best players ever because he got MVP that year. Granted, that is no small feat, but he is just not THAT good. Heís great, have I mind you, but he is NOT the savior of the bulls franchise. Theyíve already got a solid team. D-Rose is simply a fundamental piece in the puzzle. The bulls can win the championship if that whole team just plays their hearts out, NOT because D-Rose is on the floor. Again, I think D-Rose is a great player: fast, distributes, clutch shooting, etc. It just bothers me that people exaggerate and romanticize about how good he really is

vCash
    cant wait till the spring themed oreos come out with the yellow cream in middle.... yum!

vCash
    Rose is extremely talented, but the OP hit the nail on the head, IMO. And news flash to Bulls fans: Rose did not deserve his MVP. There were easily at least 2-3 more deserving players, and his award will go down as one of the weakest MVPs in the history of the NBA. I'm sorry Bulls fans, but this is something you will have to accept at some point.

vCash
    The return of Rose will definitely going to "shake" the NBA. People forget so easily, but he makes the Bulls legit contenders. He is that good. With the way the bulls give it 100% every game, adding Rose will only elevate them that much further.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    The return of Rose will definitely going to "shake" the NBA. People forget so easily, but he makes the Bulls legit contenders. He is that good. With the way the bulls give it 100% every game, adding Rose will only elevate them that much further.
    shake ? really thats the world you going use ? look at ricky look at shump they went down the same injury. they not shaking anything just yet
    Last edited by DumDum; 02-06-2013 at 02:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DumDum View Post
    shake ? really thats the world you going use ? look at ricky look at shump they went the same. they not shaking anything just yet
    OP used that word DumDum thats why I quoted it.

but imo rose is that good. we'll just have to wait and see

vCash
    shake ? really thats the world you going use ? look at ricky look at shump they went the same. they not shaking anything just yet
    people on here have to be at least somewhat mentally challenged. i read the same crap every day. you are clearly trying to start an argument comparing Iman freaking Shumpert to Derrick Rose. This is why the NBA Forum has become such trash. Not only is such stupid stuff said, but its repeated over and over again. When was Shumpert ever expected to 'shake' anything upon his return??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    This is also accurate. While I do think people overrate Rose's abilities, the guy has top 10 potential if healthy. Even a 75 percent Derrick Rose makes Chicago probably the second best team in the East (though admittedly a weak conference). Still, I don't think Rose gives them enough of a push to get past Miami this season. If he can stay healthy for the whole season and Chicago can make smart decisions in the offseason? I could legitimately see them winning the ECF next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    people on here have to be at least somewhat mentally challenged. i read the same crap every day. you are clearly trying to start an argument comparing Iman freaking Shumpert to Derrick Rose. This is why the NBA Forum has become such trash. Not only is such stupid stuff said, but its repeated over and over again. When was Shumpert ever expected to 'shake' anything upon his return??
    I'm only comparing their injuries. did you even read my post ?

vCash
    Another Rose bait thread ? Eh

vCash
    I'm only comparing their injuries. did you even read my post ?
    yes you said that in reference to shumpert and rubio "they not shaking anything just yet". My question is when was Shumpert EVER supposed to shake anything upon his return?? You cant compare an MVP to an unproven player with potential. And Rubio had 15 points and 14 assists in his first game with big minutes last night. does he need 30/20 to satisfy you?

vCash
    not a baiting don't care how you feel . will not post anything rose related since bulls fans are still sensitive about the matter

vCash
    dumdum is an extremely fitting name for the op.

vCash
    I like Derrick Rose, and that's all that matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    I like Derrick Rose, and that's all that matters.
    that is actually all that matters in the end.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast