Would the pros outweigh the cons for the Patriots if they were to consider bringing in Tim Tebow? Obviously a lot of things would have to fall into place. I wouldn't be worried about BB finding a role for Tebow but Tebow would have to be willing to switch positions because there's no way he stays at QB. The Josh McDaniels connection makes us a realistic destination for Timmy Tebow but would it make sense? I'm going to list, what I think, are pros and cons of bringing in Tebow and I want to know what all of you think.
1. His ability to make plays in space have to be respected no matter where he lines up. What's a defense going to do with Tebow and Hernandez in the backfield with Gronk and Lloyd split out wide and Welker in the slot?
2. BB seems to prefer to carry 2 QBs on the game day roster in order to free up space elsewhere. Tebow could serve as a 3rd QB in an emergency situation.
3. He's a positive presence in the locker room.
4. Has the size and athletic ability to play as a FB or goalline HB in short yardage and goalline situations as well as lining up as a 3rd TE in heavy formations.
5. Wouldn't cost a great deal to sign him.
1. Obvious media circus that would follow
2. Would he be content to switch postions or will he create a distraction due to his desire to play QB?
3. Legitimate offensive weapon or waste of a roster spot?
4. Even if BB and Josh McD create a run/pass option package for Tebow, it would take Brady off the field. That's definitely not a good thing.
Please feel free to add your pros and cons as well as dissect this idea of mine. Should the Patriots explore Tebow or steer clear completely?