Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Ed Reed?

vCash

Ed Reed?

i thought i'd put this up seeing as he already lives in the area. would anyone want ed reed as our starting FS in 2013.

i think this would be better than trying to go all out and spend whatever cap space we free up on top-tier guys..

he is still playing at an elite level and would buy us a year or 2 to develop whomever we draft to eventually replace him.

thoughts?

vCash
    I don't think we should go back to picking up older free agents that's at the end of their careers. We tried that countless times with now success. I believe we need to continue building the team through the draft but also add free agents that make sense. Reed is a a great player and has had a amazing career...BUT there will be other great players and with good scouting and drafting then we can get the player we need without setting us back. Remember we had Ryan Clark at one time and let him go.

vCash
    yeah..i was just saying, if we can get Ed reed and and a young draftpick, why not?

vCash
    Bad idea. For one, Ed Reed is going to want more than we can afford to pay him, and secondly, we need to stay the course and build through the draft and only sign young FA's before they peak. We need to find and develop our own Ed Reed, or get a guy in free agency that's on the cusp of being great. Otherwise, we'll just end up overspending for a few years of declining service with likely nothing to show for it.

vCash
    If he's not looking for a ton of money and wants to give a discount to stay in the area then he will probably stick with the ravens.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR