Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    99
    vCash
    1500

    Joakim Noah forced by NBA to change clothes during game


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    17,401
    vCash
    500
    Didn't this whole dress code start because of AI?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,264
    vCash
    1500

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,115
    vCash
    1500
    At least they didn't fine him like the NFL commish did with Frank Gore.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,935
    vCash
    1500
    is there anything stern does not want to have the control over in the nba?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56
    vCash
    1500
    Wow...all i have to say is wow

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,594
    vCash
    1500
    Ha. The Nba is a joke now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    RvA
    Posts
    234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    At least they didn't fine him like the NFL commish did with Frank Gore.....
    One of the more underrated story lines of that Super Bowl. Frank gores sock, I personally looked for it every time he stepped on the field. This, like all other dress code enforcement, is crap. Crap that is fully within the leagues right, yes, but I still don't like it. Especially for something as mundane as this.

    Haha, I can just see stern with his fashion consultant, high fiving and saying, "Finally, now Joakim looks FABULOUSSSS!" Who am i kidding, MAYBE stern would go for an enthusiastic handshake.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    942
    vCash
    1500
    these guys should be dressed like professionals on the bench...a shirt and tie to me isn't too much to ask for in my opinion....that being said I don't think Noah looked unprofessional at all...but these guys should be in a shirt and tie

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    8,005
    vCash
    1500
    Mods can delete this comment if they want, but I'm honestly not baiting, just saying how I feel. Stern is trying to make Black players presentable for a "white" audience (not that Noah's look could be called "Black"). The dress code was in response to players who dressed in a way that reflected the culture they came from, and Stern took issue with this because he didn't think their cultural representation was fit for the culture he was hoping to lure to the NBA. Pretty sad I think. Players should be able to express themselves.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    942
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Mods can delete this comment if they want, but I'm honestly not baiting, just saying how I feel. Stern is trying to make Black players presentable for a "white" audience (not that Noah's look could be called "Black"). The dress code was in response to players who dressed in a way that reflected the culture they came from, and Stern took issue with this because he didn't think their cultural representation was fit for the culture he was hoping to lure to the NBA. Pretty sad I think. Players should be able to express themselves.
    I don't understand why it's so wrong to want people to dress in a business like matter...after all it is a business, they get paid a lot of money to work, I think it is a reasonable request to dress appropriately..If these guys weren't playing basketball they would most likely be working somewhere where they would have the same exact dress code

    I mean I played high school basketball and we were required to dress with a shirt and tie to and from games..this is common in high school and college, why is it such a big issue in a professional league

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clutch City
    Posts
    1,897
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Ha. The Nba is a joke now.
    Yes it is! A very unfunny one

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,773
    vCash
    1500
    I've always thought it was silly to see someone that's surrounded by guys in sweats to be wearing a shirt and tie.
    They should just wear team gear.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    RvA
    Posts
    234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    I don't understand why it's so wrong to want people to dress in a business like matter...after all it is a business, they get paid a lot of money to work, I think it is a reasonable request to dress appropriately..If these guys weren't playing basketball they would most likely be working somewhere where they would have the same exact dress code

    I mean I played high school basketball and we were required to dress with a shirt and tie to and from games..this is common in high school and college, why is it such a big issue in a professional league
    I have no quarrel with what you're saying, it just smacks of the already blatantly obvious megalomania of the "angel of stern". Did he NEED to take him off the court? Could he have avoided this all together, and said something behind the scenes later? Just seems more like an exercise of power more than anything.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    942
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    I've always thought it was silly to see someone that's surrounded by guys in sweats to be wearing a shirt and tie.
    They should just wear team gear.
    This is an alternative to the rule I agree with, every other sport does the same

    Although, personally I don't mind shirt and tie

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •