Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Joakim Noah forced by NBA to change clothes during game

vCash
    Didn't this whole dress code start because of AI?

vCash

vCash
    At least they didn't fine him like the NFL commish did with Frank Gore.....

vCash
    is there anything stern does not want to have the control over in the nba?

vCash
    Wow...all i have to say is wow

vCash
    Ha. The Nba is a joke now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    At least they didn't fine him like the NFL commish did with Frank Gore.....
    One of the more underrated story lines of that Super Bowl. Frank gores sock, I personally looked for it every time he stepped on the field. This, like all other dress code enforcement, is crap. Crap that is fully within the leagues right, yes, but I still don't like it. Especially for something as mundane as this.

Haha, I can just see stern with his fashion consultant, high fiving and saying, "Finally, now Joakim looks FABULOUSSSS!" Who am i kidding, MAYBE stern would go for an enthusiastic handshake.

vCash
    these guys should be dressed like professionals on the bench...a shirt and tie to me isn't too much to ask for in my opinion....that being said I don't think Noah looked unprofessional at all...but these guys should be in a shirt and tie

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Mods can delete this comment if they want, but I'm honestly not baiting, just saying how I feel. Stern is trying to make Black players presentable for a "white" audience (not that Noah's look could be called "Black"). The dress code was in response to players who dressed in a way that reflected the culture they came from, and Stern took issue with this because he didn't think their cultural representation was fit for the culture he was hoping to lure to the NBA. Pretty sad I think. Players should be able to express themselves.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Mods can delete this comment if they want, but I'm honestly not baiting, just saying how I feel. Stern is trying to make Black players presentable for a "white" audience (not that Noah's look could be called "Black"). The dress code was in response to players who dressed in a way that reflected the culture they came from, and Stern took issue with this because he didn't think their cultural representation was fit for the culture he was hoping to lure to the NBA. Pretty sad I think. Players should be able to express themselves.
    I don't understand why it's so wrong to want people to dress in a business like matter...after all it is a business, they get paid a lot of money to work, I think it is a reasonable request to dress appropriately..If these guys weren't playing basketball they would most likely be working somewhere where they would have the same exact dress code

I mean I played high school basketball and we were required to dress with a shirt and tie to and from games..this is common in high school and college, why is it such a big issue in a professional league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Ha. The Nba is a joke now.
    Yes it is! A very unfunny one

vCash
    I've always thought it was silly to see someone that's surrounded by guys in sweats to be wearing a shirt and tie.
    They should just wear team gear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    I don't understand why it's so wrong to want people to dress in a business like matter...after all it is a business, they get paid a lot of money to work, I think it is a reasonable request to dress appropriately..If these guys weren't playing basketball they would most likely be working somewhere where they would have the same exact dress code

I mean I played high school basketball and we were required to dress with a shirt and tie to and from games..this is common in high school and college, why is it such a big issue in a professional league
    I have no quarrel with what you're saying, it just smacks of the already blatantly obvious megalomania of the "angel of stern". Did he NEED to take him off the court? Could he have avoided this all together, and said something behind the scenes later? Just seems more like an exercise of power more than anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    I've always thought it was silly to see someone that's surrounded by guys in sweats to be wearing a shirt and tie.
    They should just wear team gear.
    This is an alternative to the rule I agree with, every other sport does the same

Although, personally I don't mind shirt and tie

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast