Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Alex end up?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cardinals

19 17.43%
  • Jets

26 23.85%
  • Raiders

3 2.75%
  • Bills

6 5.50%
  • Chiefs

38 34.86%
  • Jaguars

6 5.50%
  • Other

11 10.09%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lightbulb Alex Smith: Where will he end up?

Alex will don the red and gold no more, it's practically a certainty. Who has the best chance to land him? Who needs him the most? Where would he be the best fit? Finally, how will he do on his new team? Will he flourish like he did under Harbaugh, or regress? Discuss.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    jets
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Chiefs could definately use him. Solid, not spectacular. Decent QB. Exactly what they, or the Jets really need.

vCash
    Personally I see him going to the Jaguars. They need a QB, but have much more pressing needs to spend their first round pick on, and there really aren't any good enough QB's to spend a first rounder on anyway. That being said, the Jags are looking for a game manager and accurate QB that won't turn the ball over, and that is exactly what Alex Smith is. They're not going to go into next season with Chad Henne and Blaine Gabbert as the their two options at QB if you ask me. They make the most sense.

vCash
    1. Chiefs
    2. Jets
    3. Jags

vCash
    Jets are trying to cut salary, I can't see them taking on his almost 9 million, pretty sure they are looking to cut players or trade for picks only (just MHO). Reports are the Reid was at least thinking about bringing in Smith last offseason, so I think if a team wants him enough to trade it'll be the Chiefs. If he's released it'll be a total cr@pshoot.

vCash
    If they trade him? The Jets. If he gets released I think he'll go to the Cardinals. Don't see him with the Chiefs tbh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    If they trade him? The Jets. If he gets released I think he'll go to the Cardinals. Don't see him with the Chiefs tbh.
    I just cant see them taking on his contract unless they can come to some kind of "wink/nod" deal before the trade that he'll sign a new contract in NY. They are reportedly 19 million I believe over the cap, even trading Revis would only save 6 million in base salary, Smith's current hit for next year is 8.5 if I'm not mistaken so they would have to cut or restructure ALOT to make that happen. I love Alex, but he's not the kind of player you gut your team for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Agreed. This seems to make the most sense.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    The one that makes the most sense for him and the team that he'd go to has to be Minnesota. No one is afraid of Christian Ponder, yet AP still puts up 2000 yards. What would happen if they had Alex Smith with playactions and precise/intelligent passes, rather than whatever it is that Ponder thinks he does.

vCash
    If they trade him, Chiefs. If released, the Cards. I don't see him being outstanding, just an average game manager.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The one that makes the most sense for him and the team that he'd go to has to be Minnesota. No one is afraid of Christian Ponder, yet AP still puts up 2000 yards. What would happen if they had Alex Smith with playactions and precise/intelligent passes, rather than whatever it is that Ponder thinks he does.
    Ponder was statistically better last year.

Only team that makes sense is the Jets.

vCash

Alex Smith: Where will he end up?

Chiefs or Browns if traded. If released, Arizona
    Lakers
    49ers
    Dodgers

vCash
    Smith- Chiefs , Vick-Jets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PG24 View Post
    Personally I see him going to the Jaguars. They need a QB, but have much more pressing needs to spend their first round pick on, and there really aren't any good enough QB's to spend a first rounder on anyway. That being said, the Jags are looking for a game manager and accurate QB that won't turn the ball over, and that is exactly what Alex Smith is. They're not going to go into next season with Chad Henne and Blaine Gabbert as the their two options at QB if you ask me. They make the most sense.
    I see the Jags go after Matt Flynn before they go after Smith. Gus Bradley their new coach was Seattles defensive coordinator this past season.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast