Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Whos Better

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joe Flacco

    4 80.00%
  • 07/08 Eli Manning

    1 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,243
    vCash
    1500

    Joe Flacco vs 2007/2008 Eli Manning

    Whos better
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,698
    vCash
    1500
    Uh...compared to 2008 Eli? Flacco. Not even close.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,873
    vCash
    1500
    LOL - Eli's name is like troll food for the same group 24/7. Eli defeated the 18-0 Pats and their legendary QB without his #1 receiver playing most of the game. The Giants were underdogs every playoff game and the defense, which hounded Brady in the Superbowl, gave up leads in everygame including the last Pats drive. In 2011, the opponents combined records were 50-11 and Eli hung in while taking a beating against the 49ers. Other perceived Elite QB's caved under that pressure.

    It's Eli by a landslide but it was nice to see Flacco finally step it up. He wins another, maybe with a game winning drive in the bowl with the most on the line, we'll post then. Until, it's Eli
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,621
    vCash
    1500
    Flacco didn't lead the league in interceptions like Eli did in his first Super Bowl year, and while it was Eli's defensive line that beat Brady and kept him in check (Justin Tuck was the MVP that year, everyone besides some choice Giants fans on this site recognize that), Flacco completely controlled the first half and established a lead that the 49ers just couldn't overcome. I know regular seasons never happen so the fact that Flacco did more to help his team finish 10-6 and get to the playoffs than Eli did in 2007 is irrelevant.

    Yes, NYSPORTS98, it makes complete sense for me to hate Eli Manning who plays in a completely separate conference from my favorite team, but not hate the quarterback of my team's biggest rival. The fact that I dare say anything negative about the infallible Lord Eli means that I hate him.

    Eli is significantly better than Flacco now. But Flacco now is better than Eli was in 2007/2008.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Yes, NYSPORTS98, it makes complete sense for me to hate Eli Manning who plays in a completely separate conference from my favorite team, but not hate the quarterback of my team's biggest rival. The fact that I dare say anything negative about the infallible Lord Eli means that I hate him.

    Eli is significantly better than Flacco now. But Flacco now is better than Eli was in 2007/2008.
    Not sure why you or the others address me personally as none of you are anywhere to be found when I or other Giants fans rip Eli yet show up like somebody is ringing a dinner bell within minutes of us complimenting him.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Not sure why you or the others address me personally as none of you are anywhere to be found when I or other Giants fans rip Eli yet show up like somebody is ringing a dinner bell within minutes of us complimenting him.
    It's probably because

    1. You say ridiculous things like "Eli defeated the 18-0 Pats and their legendary QB..." I'm not sure if you know how football works, but Eli was never on the field with Brady. He didn't beat Brady, his defense did. He didn't keep an offense scoring 37 points a game to just 14, his defense did. He didn't sack Brady 5 times and pressure him countless other times, his defense did.

    2. You never rip Eli. Show us where you do, start utilizing common sense and stop saying Eli beat Brady or Eli beat Aaron Rodgers, stop trying to change the criteria for what qualifies a QB as "elite" so that only Eli falls under the categories (you can be elite and accomplish feats other than beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl, FYI), maybe you won't come across as so much of a homer. But until then, you'll be recognized as arguably the biggest troll on this site. You can improve, I have faith.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    It's probably because

    1. You say ridiculous things like "Eli defeated the 18-0 Pats and their legendary QB..." I'm not sure if you know how football works, but Eli was never on the field with Brady. He didn't beat Brady, his defense did. He didn't keep an offense scoring 37 points a game to just 14, his defense did. He didn't sack Brady 5 times and pressure him countless other times, his defense did.

    2. You never rip Eli. Show us where you do, start utilizing common sense and stop saying Eli beat Brady or Eli beat Aaron Rodgers, stop trying to change the criteria for what qualifies a QB as "elite" so that only Eli falls under the categories (you can be elite and accomplish feats other than beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl, FYI), maybe you won't come across as so much of a homer. But until then, you'll be recognized as arguably the biggest troll on this site. You can improve, I have faith.
    (1) - is true incase you missed the Superbowl. He led his offense to a score on the last posession in both Superbowls. Your type tries to get cute with "he wasn't on the field" which is basically being anal. The "it's a team game posse" who talks out of both ends b/c they kill the players 24/7. My gosh, if Ben were in NY, the posts would be 24/7 about rape as opposed to Eli who says nothing. It's a NY thing, guaranteed.

    (2) - A blind bat could see the posts where I and the Giants fans ripped Eli. You're NOWHERE to be found until the dinner bell/compliments are posted. Then the (blanks) come out and you're no different.

    You know where to stick the troll comments b/c you qualify a lot more than I ever will. As far as an acumen, you're out of your league as are the other kids or unemployed who play 24/7 online and clearly can't take what they attempt to dish out.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 02-04-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,243
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    LOL - Eli's name is like troll food for the same group 24/7. Eli defeated the 18-0 Pats and their legendary QB without his #1 receiver playing most of the game. The Giants were underdogs every playoff game and the defense, which hounded Brady in the Superbowl, gave up leads in everygame including the last Pats drive. In 2011, the opponents combined records were 50-11 and Eli hung in while taking a beating against the 49ers. Other perceived Elite QB's caved under that pressure.

    It's Eli by a landslide but it was nice to see Flacco finally step it up. He wins another, maybe with a game winning drive in the bowl with the most on the line, we'll post then. Until, it's Eli
    This isn't a "Trolling Thread"
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,698
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Flacco didn't lead the league in interceptions like Eli did in his first Super Bowl year, and while it was Eli's defensive line that beat Brady and kept him in check (Justin Tuck was the MVP that year, everyone besides some choice Giants fans on this site recognize that), Flacco completely controlled the first half and established a lead that the 49ers just couldn't overcome. I know regular seasons never happen so the fact that Flacco did more to help his team finish 10-6 and get to the playoffs than Eli did in 2007 is irrelevant.

    Yes, NYSPORTS98, it makes complete sense for me to hate Eli Manning who plays in a completely separate conference from my favorite team, but not hate the quarterback of my team's biggest rival. The fact that I dare say anything negative about the infallible Lord Eli means that I hate him.

    Eli is significantly better than Flacco now. But Flacco now is better than Eli was in 2007/2008.
    This. Eli is better than Flacco now. Flacco has the most impressive SB run though IMO...but that doesn't mean he is better.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    This isn't a "Trolling Thread"
    No, it's a continual debate featuring 99% of the same posters repeating the same thing over and over and over again.

    I stated my case. Never understood the culture of the OP making these threads without expressesing their own opinion in the OP. We know the clear agenda of some, perhaps you're different . . . well, see.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    this is not even remotely close.

    regluar seaosn eli had 23 TDS and 20 picks, flacco has 22 TDs and 10 picks. Eli psser rating was low 70s, flaccos was almsot 90. flacco also lead in compeltion percentage and yards per attempt.

    post season, eli had 6 tds and a pick, flacoc had 11 and no picks. flaccos had a passer rating almost 120, eli didnt even crack 100. flacoc averaged over 9 yards an attempt, eli 7. eli wins in post season compeltion percentage barely.


    so there's 2 answers here. you picked flacco because you are right, or you picked eli because you are a giants fan
    Last edited by Pinstripe pride; 02-05-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    LOL - Eli's name is like troll food for the same group 24/7. Eli defeated the 18-0 Pats and their legendary QB without his #1 receiver playing most of the game. The Giants were underdogs every playoff game and the defense, which hounded Brady in the Superbowl, gave up leads in everygame including the last Pats drive. In 2011, the opponents combined records were 50-11 and Eli hung in while taking a beating against the 49ers. Other perceived Elite QB's caved under that pressure.

    It's Eli by a landslide but it was nice to see Flacco finally step it up. He wins another, maybe with a game winning drive in the bowl with the most on the line, we'll post then. Until, it's Eli
    did you even read the topic? its eli's first superbowl runs vs flaccos, not eli overall vs flacco overall
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    did you even read the topic? its eli's first superbowl runs vs flaccos, not eli overall vs flacco overall
    I don't read all of NYSPORTS98's posts because I feel they make me dumber and I want to retain at least a couple brain cells, but the second part that you bolded is pretty much what's wrong with him and a couple more Giants fans. Flacco needs a game winning drive with the most on the line to be elite or on the same page as Eli? Why do they want to reward mediocrity in the first three quarters? Flacco was unstoppable in the first half and established a big lead that San Francisco was never able to overcome. That's way more impressive than doing nothing for three quarters, then having to scurry around at the end to compensate for your own ineffectivess.

    Side note, you can tell who the homer is when you have a Steelers fan arguing in favor of a Ravens player.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    I don't read all of NYSPORTS98's posts because I feel they make me dumber and I want to retain at least a couple brain cells.
    sounds like an impressive resume.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,873
    vCash
    1500
    Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98

    LOL - Eli's name is like troll food for the same group 24/7. Eli defeated the 18-0 Pats and their legendary QB without his #1 receiver playing most of the game. The Giants were underdogs every playoff game and the defense, which hounded Brady in the Superbowl, gave up leads in everygame including the last Pats drive. In 2011, the opponents combined records were 50-11 and Eli hung in while taking a beating against the 49ers. Other perceived Elite QB's caved under that pressure.

    It's Eli by a landslide but it was nice to see Flacco finally step it up. He wins another, maybe with a game winning drive in the bowl with the most on the line, we'll post then. Until, it's Eli
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    did you even read the topic? its eli's first superbowl runs vs flaccos, not eli overall vs flacco overall
    Oxymoron - read the bold (those are darker colored words found above.)
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 02-05-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •