Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Carter's gonna be a stud. I ****ing hate this trade. Hattttteeeee it.
    This is gonna come back to haunt the A's.

Did i say how much of a dumb trade this is?

vCash
    I am not a huge fan of this trade. I love Carter and I believe he will flat out hit in Houston. That short porch will allow him to hit 30hr easy. Stassi was buried in the depth chart but I feel Peacock can still be good. Not a fan.

vCash
    I'm kinda meh on this trade. I don't mind giving up Stassi or Peacock. Stassi was a project catcher and since we now have Jaso and Norris, that position should be set for the foreseeable future. The knock on Peacock when we acquired him was that he might be destined for the pen and his season in Sac kind of reinforced that IMO. I don't like giving up Carter though, he should mash in that stadium. It's gonna suck seeing him hit homers against us since they're in our division now.

I really like Lowrie though, he just needs to stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    dont care much about Stassi and Peacock, but really tough seeing Carter go. I've been a huge fan of his since day 1. Like i wrote in the general forum, I can se Nakajima moving to 2B and having Sizemore/Weeks fighting for the utility spot, but we will have to wait on that
    I've been critical of his play in the beginning, but like you he grew on me and he became one of my fav players, esp after I met him.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_death View Post
    What makes me sick is thinking that we may see Barton again.
    You damn right! This is all about the A's love affair with Daric ****ing Barton!!!! I'm mixed on the trade because I love a 'healthy' Jed Lowrie, and can't wait to see what he can do. Also hate to lose Carter, but he was the center piece.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezombie View Post
    and i guess this means we're going all in with moss. i would've preferred to make sure he wasn't a fluke.
    same here.

vCash
    EH... idk about this trade. Really sucks seeing Carter go. Especially to a division rival. But in Beane we trust, right?
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    Well generally I think it's a good idea to have a lot of options to see what sticks. Out of the list of Donaldson, Hiro, Lowrie, Weeks, Sizemore, and Green, the probability that you find decent producers out of that lot is rather high. And since Lowrie is a known quantity, then it's really 5 players competing for 2 spots. I'm pretty confident that 2 of those 5 will produce. It's the same thing we did with 1B last year, we threw a bunch at the wall(Kila, Barton, Allen, Moss, Carter), Moss and Carter stuck.
    Cheeze,

Are you putting together another fantasy league this year?

vCash
    Do you guys think that Weeks could be available for trade now with the depth the A's have?

I wouldn't mind seeing the White Sox take a chance on him to be the utility player with a chance to take over 2nd base if Beckham continues to struggle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Do you guys think that Weeks could be available for trade now with the depth the A's have?

I wouldn't mind seeing the White Sox take a chance on him to be the utility player with a chance to take over 2nd base if Beckham continues to struggle.
    Wow, I remember when Beckham came up as a stud 3B, he was suppose to be a star and I wanted him to replace Chavez. That goes to show you that prospects are just that, prospects..

Anyway, I am sure Weeks is no longer 'untouchable', as Beane once put it. But at the same time, just bc we have a surplus, I don't think he will give him away either.

vCash
    why chis carter....why

I dont like this at all

Especially if carter smacks 30+ homers next year with a .350+ OBP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    Wow, I remember when Beckham came up as a stud 3B, he was suppose to be a star and I wanted him to replace Chavez. That goes to show you that prospects are just that, prospects..

Anyway, I am sure Weeks is no longer 'untouchable', as Beane once put it. But at the same time, just bc we have a surplus, I don't think he will give him away either.
    Yeah prospects are crazy. Not give him away, but would be willing to trade him?

That is crazy about Carter. I remember when he was a part of the White Sox system. The Sox traded him for Carlos Quentin.

vCash
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

A. Carter is not going to hit 30+ homers and become a revelation in Houston, at least not right away. He's going to get way more at bats this season than he's ever had. He had the luxury of sitting when he looked like he was having trouble and was protected by Moss/Gomes. He will assume a larger role with more responsibility in Houston. Carter has a delicate persona, the trade is going to affect him. This is a lot for a player like Carter to digest.

What I HATE about Lowrie is simple: his health. That's exactly what this organization DOESN'T need; another health concern. Do we really have to go down the list of injuries since the Bean regime took power? Let's not start talking about shipping out Weeks. I want to see at least another season before we give up on him.
    Last edited by dr_death; 02-05-2013 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    Ill be in love with Billy Beane forever if he signs Diaz from Cuba. Thatll be icing on the cake right there
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    i think we still need some starting pitching depth

vCash
    Roy Oswalt. Only 1 bad season in his entire career, and it was only for 59 innings. His xFIP was still very good too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast