Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Luhnow has done an absolutely spectacular job since he took over.

I wonder if Altuve will be locked up ever, with Deshields in the wings. Altuve could land a real nice return. Then again, Deshields might be a future OF.

Anyway, Luhnow has been ****ing amazing IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sretep75 View Post
    God damnit! We traded Chris Carter?! And Peacock!? Those guys i loved

I'm beyond pissed, someone please say something that will make me feel better
    Considering the Astros are in the AL West, you're going to get 18 free wins this year...
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AWC713 View Post
    Beane doesn't have to lose the trade. Both sides can win....

Does Beane win this trade? If Lowrie stays healthy, sure. He can put up some solid numbers while staying cheap.

But the Astros moved a piece that did not fit long term, for pieces that will potentially fit long term.

Its a good trade for both teams, IMO. Astros with Lowrie, healthy for an entire year are tops 70 win team. tops. So whats the point of holding on to him if you can get value that will help you when you're ready to contend?
    Sure, I agree.

vCash
    I really like this deal for the Astros.

vCash
    I'm not a huge Chris Carter fan and I like Lowrie. I wanted Lowrie on the Cubs. Too bad he will be too old by the 2018 season which is when we should be good. Lowrie is one of my breakout guys for this year. So I like it for Oakland. I can see why the Astros made this deal though.

vCash
    IMO Lowrie is overrated.
    he can't stay healthy. last year was the most he's played in a season. 97 games/340 AB.

so who is losing playing time in Houston?
    Brett Wallace to 3B, or staying at 1B?
    does Carter play 1B or DH?
    where does Carlos Pena play?

vCash
    Good for both teams. I think Carter could be very good in Houston power wise.

vCash
    I kind of like this for the Stros. Peacock has the potential to be good, although he was bad last year, and Carter seems to have figured something out

vCash
    I really did love Chris Carter. I dont care what anyone says, he's gonna be a star in the near future. This is gonna come back to haunt the A's, im calling it now.

Now i'm depressed.

vCash
    Not sure I like this for the A's. Is Brandon Moss now the full time starter at first base? He did well in a platoon role, but not sure he can be the man full time. I don't keep up with this teams farm system too well, but I remember Stassi was supposed to be a good catching prospect a little bit ago, and Peacock a decent pitching prospect. Also, Carter has all that power for a DH. Thats a lot of potential to give up.

vCash
    Gotta love Chris Carter

vCash
    What kind of potential does Altuve have?
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Gotta love Chris Carter
    He's such a stud. You have no idea how much of a pissed off mode i've been in since I found out the A's dealt him for less than half his worth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Beane doesn't lose trades either.
    Trading Holliday to st Luis for pennies on the dollar after giving up street and cargo?
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    they trade the only recognizable player on the team?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast