Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Draft Day Trade Partners

So a lot has been said about this years draft being somewhat bereft of high quality talent, but there are good players to be had at the right position. Seeing as we have little cap room and a lot of positions to fill, it makes the most sense to me, barring an unmissable player falling us, which I'm not sure who that would be, would be to to trade back.
    My question is then who do you see being interested in the #9 pick that would make sense for us?
    My dream scenario would have us trading with the Rams who have two firsts. Of which we could trade away our 9 and a late round for their two 1st rounders, we could fill two holes in the first round. Warmack, Cooper, Jones, Mingo, Jordan could all still be around (Jones being less likely but his stock is falling)

vCash
    That would be a great sitatuion to get 2 first but rams won't part with them.. They are probably thinking the same thing we are they could get 2 good players in the first 2 why trade those picks away
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Even if the Jets trade Revis, this would be the best thing to do:

- Trade down from #9 to around #16 and pick up an extra 2nd rd pick.
    - Revis Trade: If traded to 49ers: for 31st pick and QB Alex Smith

Now have 4 picks in 1st 2 rounds. Some players to target with those picks:

LB Manti Te'o
    RB Eddie Lacey
    TE Tyler Eifert or TE Zach Ertz

vCash
    If its for revis it would have to be teams that are close to a superbowl 49ers, Broncos, Falcons, im even starting to think the bengals would be a good partner.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    The media will have a field day if the Jets draft Te'o

vCash
    I don't care about what happened to Te'o off the field. The man has a nose for the ball and is a tackling machine on the field. I think he would fit in nicely in the 34 defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
    I don't care about what happened to Te'o off the field. The man has a nose for the ball and is a tackling machine on the field. I think he would fit in nicely in the 34 defense
    after watching his bowl game i think we could find a better fit at line backer without the te'o headace.. i seen a lot of missed tackles from him and he seemed pretty slow
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Te'o sucks and Alex Smith and the 31st doesn't get you half of Revis, you're dumb
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    I have a hard time swallowing the trading Revis pill, as a fan I want to see our best player retire with this team. I feel like we could get good pick value with Cromartie. If we trade Cromartie and trade back, I don't see why we can't end up with two firsts and two second round picks and free the cap space that Cromartie is eating. We just don't need two top tier CB's but Cromartie for me is the better option to trade despite the fact that he has lower value.

vCash
    No teo hes crazy overated, if Jones is there at 9 screw trading back that kid is so good its like draftin 4 solid players with one pick

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    I really hope we dont trade revis or cro and just have a smart good draft, once sanchez is gone next year we'll be able to get back in playoff contention

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Te'o sucks and Alex Smith and the 31st doesn't get you half of Revis, you're dumb
    Honestly Te'o doesn't suck. You don't just walk into 100+ tackles and 7 INTs in a seson especially for an ILB
    31st pick and Alex is just the start of a trade for Revis (IF he is traded) I'm not saying that they should trade him

The Jets have many wholes this offseason and very little wiggle room. Acquiring more draft picks is the best way possible to turn this team around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    I would sign up for Alex smith and deshon goldson for revis and Sanchez
    NY JETS ,LA LAKERS,NY METS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesyLakeShow View Post
    I would sign up for Alex smith and deshon goldson for revis and Sanchez
    Goldson wants a big contract too, I'd rather resign Landry.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Before thinking who would we trade with you need to consider the Trade Value each pick is assigned

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Our 9th pick has a points value of 1,350

Rams 16th has a value of 1,000 and their 22nd a value of 750 - no way we can realistically dream about that.

We need look at teams with a need who want a star player to fill a need to get them over the edge, think Falcons who traded a whole bunch of picks for Julio Jones - their pick No 30 has a value of 620.

To get our pick they need trade their 1st, 2nd, 4th and some of next years - a 1st and a 5th.

One thing the Jets need to do is start stock piling picks in rds 2-5 in the future as these are the players who provide depth on teams with realistic Championship aspirations

Think this scenario is far fetched????

Here is what they gave up for Jones
    The Falcons really coveted a receiver in the first round because they were eager to move up from the 27th spot. It was a blockbuster deal. In exchange for getting the sixth pick, Atlanta gave the Browns five -- five! -- draft picks: their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.
    Last edited by irishjetsfan; 02-09-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast