Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Frank Gore: "Ravens got away with one, 49ers are the better team"!

+SHARE
    By Dan Hanzus

Published: February 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    Modified: February 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    NEW ORLEANS -- The San Francisco 49ers were unable to finish the job against the Baltimore Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII. Not everyone in the Niners' locker room was ready to accept the loss.

"They got away with one," running back Frank Gore said, via The Associated Press. "We showed we were the better team. It was just a couple plays here, a couple plays there."

The 49ers fell behind 28-6 early in the third quarter before mounting a furious comeback that ultimately fell short. Gore certainly did his part, finishing with 110 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries.

Gore also had the Niners' final play of substance, a 33-yard run around the left end that set up San Francisco with first-and-goal from the Ravens' 7-yard line with just over two minutes to play.

The Niners had four cracks at the end zone, but they didn't get it done. It was the defensive stand that showed the Ravens were the better team. Gore obviously doesn't agree.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.
    http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap10000001358...e-better-team/

Although I hate the Baltimore Ravens, Gore was wrong for saying this. Stay classy

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Gore has always struck me as a stand up player. Unfortunately, it appears his head coach might be rubbing off on him. Hopefully it was taken out of context.

vCash
    while im not saying they aren;'t they better team, he is certianly wrong about showing it last night. he can talk about how close the end was, but thats exactly the advantage you get going up big early. you have wiggle room. the 49ers did not and it lsot them the game. any given sunday, so the 49ers may or may not be the better team, they were not last night. baltimore was
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Coming so close to winning it all and being at the 5 with the chance to take the lead would make a lot of teams maybe feel this way. But he should have at least not said anything and just kept it to himself. It makes him sound bitter.

vCash
    He's right. And besides, what kind of competitor would he be if he didn't think his team was better. He gave the Ravens their dues, but beleives the better team lost. He's not the only one...

vCash
    Sour grapes. You lost, easy as that.

vCash
    The better team won, plain and simple. 'You mad bro?'
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Gore butt hurt. I still believe if the power outage didn't happen Ravens would have steam rolled them.

vCash
    He's a sore loser. :cry: cry me a river.

vCash
    He's right. Just like I believe the niners were better than the Giants last year. Both those teams caught fire at the right time and won fair and square. Not sour grapes but its true just like the SF Giants were nowhere near the best team in baseball last year but got hot at the right time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    while im not saying they aren;'t they better team, he is certianly wrong about showing it last night. he can talk about how close the end was, but thats exactly the advantage you get going up big early. you have wiggle room. the 49ers did not and it lsot them the game. any given sunday, so the 49ers may or may not be the better team, they were not last night. baltimore was
    ding ding ding

vCash
    If you were the better team you wouldn't have sucked for the first 37 minutes of the game.

vCash
    Stay classy San Fran...

vCash
    taking a page from the packers pressers.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    I do think overall the 49ers were the better team (I think they are the best overall team in the league) but they didn't bring their A-game against a hot Ravens team. That's why they say any given Sunday anything can happen.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast