Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    It's 90mil with Bargnani, 80mil without. Depending on the use of MLE 5-10 mil into the tax.

It's a resounding no with Bargnani on roster, what about 80mil without?.
    There are some other factors other then just eliminating Bargs contract. 80 million would be the absolute minimum that the teams salary would be. And thats filling up the teams roster with minimum contract players.

Even at 80 million its still a 17.5 million luxury hit, significantly more if they are over the luxury next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B:25306688
    If in the 2 years the team is winning would owners pay a salary of 90mil 2nd highest in the league to keep it in tact?. 80mil without Bargnani.
    Its steep, very steep.

I have doubts about Bell and Rogers financial commitment. They probably agreed on the tax principal thinking the Raps would be a few mil over but 80 mil? I doubt it.

They likely make their money back on the Leafs alone but like I said in another thread, they didn't by MLSE so they could giveaway free cash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Cousins needs to be resigned in 2014.
    The date is a mistake but in 2014 Fields is set to earn 8.2mil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    There are some other factors other then just eliminating Bargs contract. 80 million would be the absolute minimum that the teams salary would be. And thats filling up the teams roster with minimum contract players.

Even at 80 million its still a 17.5 million luxury hit, significantly more if they are over the luxury next season.
    9 bench players committed to, without the full MLE assuming the starting unit is 61mil, is 75mil.

The 80mil estimation is under the assumption the full MLE is used. Reason I said 5-10mil over the tax for 10 players assuming the full MLE is used on 1 player.

2nd round picks could be compiled like the Heat did for contracts similar to Acy's to help fill bench depth. without going over 80mil

If they are willing to go into Luxury tax to put a winning team on court I would like to believe their not referring to 1-5 tops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    Its steep, very steep.

I have doubts about Bell and Rogers financial commitment. They probably agreed on the tax principal thinking the Raps would be a few mil over but 80 mil? I doubt it.

They likely make their money back on the Leafs alone but like I said in another thread, they didn't by MLSE so they could giveaway free cash.
    Steep, if they want quality depth.

BC could easily fill the bench with 2nd round picks & cheap veterans. over Bargnani 12mil & the full MLE 5mil.

Bargnani + full MLE = (17mil)

The right to amnesty Bargnani remains.

vCash
    i dont think andreas contract would be hard to move, i think someone would take a chance on him. ie. washington and charlotte. look at moves they made this past summer in the wizards acquiring okafor, ariza and the bobcats acquiring ben gordan. andrea is a much better risk to take than those players. what they get in return is another question but possibly a protected first and an expiring contract.

vCash
    That tax hit though Bramaca would be for one season because Amir/Gay & Fields would be coming off the books the following season.

Gay will be resigned for less than 19mil
    Fields 8.2mil will be gone
    Amirs 7mil will be off the books, not sure what he will resign for.

^ thats 34.2mil coming off the books

If Gay is resigned for roughly 15mil
    Amir is resigned to 10mil

=25mil cutting almost 10mil roughly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    really! lol wow i hope he plays like steph to.
    lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    & some people think that this team isn't going anywhere
    Some?? There is like a thread below this with way more than just "some"..

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
    i dont think andreas contract would be hard to move, i think someone would take a chance on him. ie. washington and charlotte. look at moves they made this past summer in the wizards acquiring okafor, ariza and the bobcats acquiring ben gordan. andrea is a much better risk to take than those players. what they get in return is another question but possibly a protected first and an expiring contract.
    Even if the team can't trade Bargnani, they could hold him as bench depth for year & amnesty him when they have to sign both Cousins & Lowry.

Right now minus Bargnani the committed bench salary in 2014

C- resign Gray 2.5mil
    PF- Acy 915,000
    SF- Fields 8.2mil
    SG- Ross 2.7mil
    PG- ?

14.3mil.

5 Starters (61mil) + 4 bench players (14.3mil) = 75.3mil

2nd rounders @ 800,000 = 11 players 76.9mil

2014 1st ? = 12 players

Sign 2 veterans using exceptions & or MLE one to play point.

It would roughly be 80mil give or take.

Depending on what it takes to net Cousins in trade Raptors could look to use the pick to dump Fields contract for a serviceable bench player or 2.

vCash
    Raptors also have that 2nd round pick from this season stashed overseas that they could use as filler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    That tax hit though Bramaca would be for one season because Amir/Gay & Fields would be coming off the books the following season.

Gay will be resigned for less than 19mil
    Fields 8.2mil will be gone
    Amirs 7mil will be off the books, not sure what he will resign for.

^ thats 34.2mil coming off the books

If Gay is resigned for roughly 15mil
    Amir is resigned to 10mil

=25mil cutting almost 10mil roughly.
    Going to move my reply over to the trade thread in a bit. Doesn't have much to do with Wade's comments.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456