Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Wade comments on Raptors

"No matter what, every time they play us … they play us tough," Wade said.

"As Rudy gets more comfortable and as they get more comfortable with him as a player … man," Wade said. "Rudy is a very good player. He's a guy who can get his shot off at any point. He does a good job of mixing it up inside outside and they're getting even more athletic.

“This team right here is one of those teams that's going to continue to get better, especially if they get their confidence going in the second half of the season. It'll be tough for the next time we play them. We'll have to come with our hard hats again."

Full Article: http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2..._beat_raptors/

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Can a mod fix the spelling mistake in the title please

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    he better respect us.

vCash
    "As Rudy gets more comfortable and as they get more comfortable with him as a player … man," He does a good job of mixing it up inside outside.

“This team right here is one of those teams that's going to continue to get better, especially if they get their confidence going

We'll have to come with our hard hats again."

What I liked most about what he said is the admittance they got up for the Raptors, as evident with all 3 having big games, yet the Raps kept it close & probably could have done better if Casey had managed his subs differently or if we had some big man depth with Bargnani/Val only now coming back from injury & not upto speed..

I'm more than curious to see if the Heat can successfully guard this team with Bargnani playing.

Bosh was the x factor for them in this one as Gay & DeRozan paced Lebron & Wade adequately. Can't blame Amir for Bosh because as the defensive backbone against the heat it's hard to ask him to play that many mins & produce offensively as well. Amir was gassed & Gray is too slow though his size was nice to have.

I thought Gay could be solid defensively under Casey but was surprised at him to a man on Lebron..

Alot of positive to take away from this loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    he better respect us.
    IMO the fact that they got up for us means they do, I would go as far as to say they know with the right move we could be scary despite current record..

I'm down for trading our young asset/s for Cousins.
    Last edited by B2B; 02-04-2013 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    IMO the fact that they got up for us means they do, I would go as far as to say they know with the right move we could be scary despite current record..

I'm down for trading our young asset/s for Cousins.
    I think a team will be able to fleece the Kings for him but I doubt it's us. I'd be shocked if BC pulled that off

vCash
    & some people think that this team isn't going anywhere
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    I think a team will be able to fleece the Kings for him but I doubt it's us. I'd be shocked if BC pulled that off
    Boston seemed to be at the fore front of rumors surrounding Cousisns with Sullinger & Bradley (Melo, Green as possible additions)

They have a need a C/SF & are moving Evans which is why guess the interest in Bradley.

Prefer not to but would go as far as including (Jonas, Ross, the 2015 pick Klieza) for (Cousins & Thornton). It would mean the team is all in & into the luxury tax though, with the right to amnesty Bargnani's 10mil.

The Kings want to shed Thornton's 7mil, 3y contract along with Salmons, Thornton would easily fill Ross' role as the 6th man. If the need to package him is there.

Ideally though I would prefer a straight swap of Jonas for Cousins followed by cap relief & or an additional pick.

vCash
    ive noticed that gay receives a lot of praise from players around the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    & some people think that this team isn't going anywhere
    16 wins.

That said if none have noticed since the slow 4-19 start & the addition of Gay the team has been playing 500 ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Most likely because they don't use stats to evaluate a player?.

vCash
    16 wins.

That said if none have noticed since the slow 4-19 start & the addition of Gay the team has been playing 500 ball.
    It's mainly that people tend to focus on what is now and don't factor growth into their projections.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Most likely because they don't use stats to evaluate a player?.
    Against the Heat Gay scored 20pts in the first half on 8/12 shooting(approx) while being guarded by LBJ & Battier(supposedly their best defenders).
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I heard Their coach said something postive as well if some could find a link and post it, if they dont mind that is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Against the Heat Gay scored 20pts in the first half on 8/12 shooting(approx) while being guarded by LBJ & Battier(supposedly their best defenders).
    That's because Casey posted Gay more in the first half (As good a defender as Battier is, he can't handle Gay in the post. One play in particular was Gay seeing over Battier for a cutting Lowry).

In the 2nd half the Heat were able to pressure/trap because the Raptors went small. Casey took the pressure off the guys in the paint. Main reason Bosh ended up a big factor in the 2nd half.
    Last edited by B2B; 02-04-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast