Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wild trade for Michael Rupp

Powe and Palmieri go to NYR.

vCash
    I get we needed more size, but why has Kassian not gotten an opportunity yet?

Palmieri apparently didnt report to Houston after being cut from the roster.

vCash
    He did report after 3 games, we also had a contract dispute with him (he basically wanted a roster spot) but I still don't get this trade? I mean I like Rupp and I don't care about losing Powe, but Palmieri was a former 1st round pick? And Rupp is 33

vCash
    ^Palmieri was a third round pick...I liked him though. Both guys were pretty expendable, and we need size, but, I don't know about this trade...

vCash
    The trade also opens up room for one more contract to come in. Any free agents out there that would sign an AHL contract?

vCash
    Im just wondering what's going on with Kassian...is he really not capable of doing what Rupp does? We needed size for awhile, and Kassian hasnt played a game. I wonder if he gets a chance tonight now with a player needing to be dressed in Powe's spot, and Rupp not expected to play for us until Thursday.

vCash
    I like it. We needed more size.

vCash
    yeah, the negatives really are only that we get an extra $500K in salary back...which isnt really an issue because his contract will be up before everyone needs renewals. I think adding Palmieri was overpaying a little, but I think some bridges were burned from him and the organization, and when you have a need, sometimes you have to overpay for it.
    Giving up a little bit extra to get back a need shows me that the team is invested in this season, and not looking forward with every deal they make like they have been the last two years or so.

I am just confused from the Kassian angle. I don't understand why he never got a chance this whole season when we needed size. I thought maybe he would get a chance tonight with Powes spot being open, but I guess he is a scratch again.

vCash
    Oh I must be thinking about the ducks Palmieri then got their draft spots mixed up...I like it, we need more size but I guess this shows how much that Anaheim game really left an impression on Fletcher Yeo and co. Honestly if he wasn't so old I would like this trade. He can play Left wing or center so a 4th line of Rupp-Konopka-someone is pretty scary. I think Rupp is a better all around player then Kassian but now I think Kassian is on the block for something.