Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Woodson will make it, first ballot or not.

Saying he was never shutdown is a lie, like Revis, maybe not. But he was very good at how he played. He could cover different types of players, became a better tackler over his career and always could take the ball away.
    It's the hall of fame. Not hall of very good. Woodson never flat out shut down the best WR's in the game. Sanders did. Revis did. That is what 1st ballot hall of fame is.

vCash
    For sure first ballot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    It's the hall of fame. Not hall of very good. Woodson never flat out shut down the best WR's in the game. Sanders did. Revis did. That is what 1st ballot hall of fame is.
    Their shouldnt be a distinction between a first ballot HOFer and a HOFer. Really, you either are a hall of famer or you arent. That said, Woodson deserves it, and his role was different than revis. Revis is a shutdown corner, woodson was a playmaker.

vCash
    Reed, Woodson,Gonzalez,Urlacher, all 1st ballot HOF'S in my opinion

vCash
    Anyone know the shelf life of crow? Because I'm pretty sure you're going to be eating plenty of it 5 years after Woodson retires. He, too, is a first ballot HOFer. Just wait for it... and bring a tanker truck full of something to wash down all of those magpie feathers that you'll be chomping.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    randy moss? i think he is a safe 1st ballot HOF. Tony gonzaloz is diff. a 1st ballot HOFer. despite his problems in post season. easily 1st ballot, IMO. But certainly tony and randy are to.
    Moss won't make it the first time because the media hates him. Also Sharpe didn't make it the first time either, so if I were to speculate off of that Gonzalez would probably make it in his 2nd year.

vCash
    Right now there are 3 active players who are locks for 1st ballot. Lewis, Manning, Brady.
    All just your opinion; I have figured it all out, but I would guess there are a lot more.

With Reed winning a super bowl and picking off a ball last night. Is he now the 4th active 1st ballot hall of famer?

He's a top 3 modern day (1978-pres) DB. Along with Lott and Sanders.
    I say it should have a 1st Ballot Hall Of Famer, if he retired before this past season. The amount of Ints. & already won a S B.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Anyone know the shelf life of crow? Because I'm pretty sure you're going to be eating plenty of it 5 years after Woodson retires. He, too, is a first ballot HOFer. Just wait for it... and bring a tanker truck full of something to wash down all of those magpie feathers that you'll be chomping.
    I'm a Packers fan. I've seen Woodson play. And aw hell no. He ain't a first ballot hall of famer. With the amount of times he's been flat out burned. The fact that he can't lockdown the opposing team's #1 WR.

He's the most overrated defensive player I can remember.

vCash
    I'm a Packers fan. I've seen Woodson play. And aw hell no. He ain't a first ballot hall of famer. With the amount of times he's been flat out burned. The fact that he can't lockdown the opposing team's #1 WR.

He spent the prime of his career in Oakland
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Hopefully first ballot, but not until after 2 seasons with the Colts, as rumored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcocaine View Post
    Its more than just three... Namadi A and Tony G just to name a few.....

Lol at all the people not understanding how hard it is, and what an honor it is, to be first ballot.

Brady, Manning, Lewis, Reed, Gonzalez.

Polamalu was good enough, but was probably injured too much and missed too many games to get the 1st ballot nod. Woodson is borderline.

AP
    Rodgers

Could make a case for themselves eventually.

Brees is a question mark. He could maybe make a case with a few more amazing seasons and sneak into 1st ballot status.

To the guy that Nnamdi, no chance in hell. To the guy who said Watt, no way. DL is one of the hardest positions to go 1st ballot. Urlacher is an outside chance, but I think he'll go 2nd ballot. Peppers is in the same boat as Watt.

Moss and Owens both won't because of their attitudes and off-the-field issues.

I literally can't think of anyone else worth mentioning who would even begin to have a case.

vCash
    IDK, I always thought Cris Carter was a lock for first ballot. You have no idea how these fools will vote. I think there's no doubt he should be in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Hopefully first ballot, but not until after 2 seasons with the Colts, as rumored.
    i ahve a feeling he'll be a pat
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Right now IMO with guys who played this past season, 1st ballot HOF are

QB- Brady, Manning
    RB- None
    WR- Moss
    TE- Gonzalez
    OL- Can't think of any
    DL- Peppers??
    LB- Lewis, Urlacher
    CB- Bailey??
    S- Reed, Woodson

Who am I missing?
    Last edited by sager729; 02-05-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Changed mind on Revis

vCash

I, too, have watched Woodson from his days with the Raiders to his time with the Packers. I understand what you're saying in terms of his play strictly as a corner. But the man is a playmaker. Getting into the Hall is about more than just the eyeball test. Those stats that you casually dismiss matter to electors, as does the overall success that a player has enjoyed over his career. I would even go as far as to say that the final analysis is weighted more heavily towards a player's successes. The electors won't remember all of the times that Woodson gambled and missed or outright got burned. They'll remember his overall impact. They'll remember him blowing up plays, disrupting receivers, returning picks for TDs and putting QBs on the ground. They'll remember him maturing as a man and representing himself and his franchise the right way. And lastly, they'll remember that he did it while representing two historically great franchises.

Woodson gets in on the first ballot. Like I said, just wait for it.

And while you're waiting, go review the list of all of the guys that got in on the first ballot. Now tell me that you can't spot at least one player that you felt should not have made it in on the first ballot. I know that I can. A few, in fact. The selection committee is anything but objective, and I'm betting that Woodson has the juice to get the nod.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast